Stadium Expansion

Hard to believe it's been six weeks since I've posted any updates! Here's the latest from Husker and Husker-related construction around Lincoln:

First up, East Stadium. Only a few shots since most of the external work is done, and not much has changed since the last update.

DSCF4662_zpsa75a916f.jpg

The open windows Lyons has been mentioning:

DSCF4665_zpsff72a93e.jpg

DSCF4666_zps8b20cee6.jpg

The best perspective shot I could get of the whole thing. The sky has been overcast most of the past month here in Lincoln, making all of today's pics pretty crummy visually.

DSCF4673_zps678ad52d.jpg

Detail shot showing the tiled N on the side.

DSCF4675_zps3c2ab2e0.jpg

The University Seal on the bricks. I think I take this shot every time I do this...

DSCF4672_zpse161086a.jpg

Finally, the seats from atop the parking garage at 9th & R:

DSCF4679_zpsb6f2ff0d.jpg

• Fire 6

Arena time now. Also from atop the parking garage at 9th & R, the new Haymarket Marriott:

DSCF4678_zps6315f631.jpg

The new hotel going up across R street from the Marriott. I forget the name:

DSCF4681_zpsa819d684.jpg

Looking down R street at both hotels at the Arena:

DSCF4682_zpsc2e1a3bd.jpg

Back down at ground level, the front of the Arena, where astute observers will see the new parking garage attached to the west side of the Arena:

DSCF4684_zps1f5e2000.jpg

And a shot of the pretty drawing outside the construction site, not showing that parking structure. I didn't know that was going in, so it was a surprise to see today:

DSCF4687_zps83b5b73c.jpg

The building at R & Canopy, which will have shops on the bottom and residences in the upper floors:

DSCF4688_zps0e09370c.jpg

The other new building at R & Canopy, this time on the east side of the street. More shops/restaurants, and the west-facing portion of this building will create The Yard (see below):

DSCF4690_zps4421ad2f.jpg

What this building and The Yard is supposed to look like from the SE, looking at the Arena:

DSCF1172.jpg

• Fire 5

Same building as the above photo, this time from 8th & Q street:

DSCF4705_zpsb52f0842.jpg

Another shot of the same building from about Q street & Canopy street:

DSCF4709_zpsed116415.jpg

Again from about Q & Canopy, the new building south of the Arena:

DSCF4707_zps16133a4f.jpg

Same spot as the above two shots, looking west to the nearly-completed parking structure they started putting up around the first of the year:

DSCF4712_zps7654ca96.jpg

Same parking structure, this time from the west, with R street stretching off to the left and Arena Drive to the right:

DSCF4736_zps1ba4c5a9.jpg

A really crummy shot from ground level looking north across the train tracks from Arena Drive, showing the parking lot they're starting to put in at the foot of the mole for the new footbridge:

DSCF4733_zps94b2c448.jpg

Next, a new construction crane graces the skyline of Lincoln, this time just south of the O street overpass at about 7th & N streets. Not sure what this is going to be:

DSCF4714_zps6a239d61.jpg

• Fire 6

Also, I though the very middle windows would be arched like this -

Did they change that or have they just not reached that point?

They must have changed it because the height is maxed out, and they've been putting in those middle panes for about the past 2 weeks.