Stadium Expansion

So wait, if people that buy those tickets don't go to the game, is that considered a sell out anymore?

No, if people don't go to the game, but the tickets were bought, the sellout streak is over.

You are not a good troll.

:sarcasm

Am I the only one that thinks the white strips (design) on the press box is kind of played out? I would like to see something different. Brick would be sweet, but don't know how possible that is.....

I remember getting inside the first game of '09 when they had just done that and added the ribbon boards. When it turned to night, I was amazed at how much sharper the place was. HUGE upgrades.

Am I the only one that thinks the white strips (design) on the press box is kind of played out? I would like to see something different. Brick would be sweet, but don't know how possible that is.....

I remember getting inside the first game of '09 when they had just done that and added the ribbon boards. When it turned to night, I was amazed at how much sharper the place was. HUGE upgrades.

I was at that game too.... The ribbon boards are amazing, and a very nice upgrade. I just don't like the "horizon looking" white lines on the press box....

Do you guys think the workers will let you get pic updates on the inside?

I walk by the stadium everyother day during the week now, and as of the past week or so it looks like they are basically finishing up welds on the interior and pouring concrete (for the floors I would guess). So it wouldn't be anything overly exciting to see anyways. All exterior advancement seems to have stopped for the moment, which is to say they haven't finished putting in the windows. Knap's last picture update is pretty much what it still looks like, plus or minus a few windows.

Do you guys think the workers will let you get pic updates on the inside?

I walk by the stadium everyother day during the week now, and as of the past week or so it looks like they are basically finishing up welds on the interior and pouring concrete (for the floors I would guess). So it wouldn't be anything overly exciting to see anyways. All exterior advancement seems to have stopped for the moment, which is to say they haven't finished putting in the windows. Knap's last picture update is pretty much what it still looks like, plus or minus a few windows.

Hopefully only plus a few windows. ;)

Here is a pretty cool website I stumbled upon detailing Canopy Street development.

That is really cool. I am looking forward to this being done. I just went to Lincoln for the first time in a long time this last week and there are already a bunch of new restaurants down town. This development, the addition of the Research and Development park where the fair grounds used to be, CIC funding and being in the big ten will hopefully lead to a major increase in the student population over the next several years. All of this together could make Lincoln into a much more happening place. This can only be good news to lure more kids away from their homes in more talent rich parts of the country!