Stadium Expansion

Personally I like the multi colored turf, and current endzone designs. Could use a replacing though. I think i've heard 10 years is about the life of field turf? I can't seem to remember when this was installed though.

According to their website the original installation in 99 had an 8 year warranty.

The Touchdown Club of Nebraska has funded the project. NU planned to replace the seven-year-old turf at Memorial Stadium after the 1999 season. FieldTurf comes with an eight-year warranty, Ingram said, no different from AstroTurf®.

And IIRC the current field has been down since 05 or the latest 06. So I can't see them going much further. It seems logical that it will be replaced after this season.

Honestly, I wish they would just go to grass, I know it won't happen but that would be my preference.

Have you ever been on FieldTurf? It's pretty nice.

Yeah but you get all sandy and rubbery when you hit the deck, and if you drop your mouth piece you'll be picking rubber chunks out of it for a week. Field turf is nice to play and fall on but I always liked grass if it was well maintained and not too long. Plus you can get muddy and dirty and see how well the line is actually protecting the QB.

Figured this was as good a place for this as any. Found this over on an OSU blog. Curious if you guys had seen this wedding cake with your stadium as the piece.

http://imgur.com/a/5Pu3z

I tried to convince my wife to have something like this done for our wedding... we ended up with a huge cake that she picked out... and at the end of the table was a small sheet cake with a Husker logo. Seeing this just convinces me it would've been awesome.

Honestly, I wish they would just go to grass, I know it won't happen but that would be my preference.

Don't get me wrong, if we are going with the fake stuff this is the way to go. As a fan, just like the look and smell of real grass better. Like seeing the players in the trenches getting all the grass stains and all. Just part of the look and feel that's cool to me.

Don't get me wrong, if we are going with the fake stuff this is the way to go. As a fan, just like the look and smell of real grass better. Like seeing the players in the trenches getting all the grass stains and all. Just part of the look and feel that's cool to me.

Let's just paint the field turf green the night before so the paint is still wet :)

Let's just paint the field turf green the night before so the paint is still wet :)

Artificial turf stains, I think your on to something there. If we could get a patent and a genius marketing scheme on that we could make millions! It could be like bottled water, there is no reason why people should buy it but they will.

Honestly, I wish they would just go to grass.........

+10

The odor and stains. I love the smell of natural grass (napalm) in the morning. The smell, you know that real grass smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...........VICTORY!

Muddy? Not any more because tricked out drainage plus heat pipes placed underground the turf (like Lambeau Field ).

OU played natural grass field for the last 15 years .... no problem slipping and muddy enviornment.