Stadium Expansion

BTW, what's the story with Cook building? Now Vacant? Demolished? If I remember right, full football field (120yds X 55 yds) inside Cook building.

It's used by Campus Rec now. Same deal for the Coliseum when the Volleyball team moves out. They're going to have a HUGE amount of space under roof for students to rec around in. The Coliseum is in the process of getting a new roof as we speak. I haven't taken pictures of the progress, but I could next weekend when I'm out.

BTW, what's the story with Cook building? Now Vacant? Demolished? If I remember right, full football field (120yds X 55 yds) inside Cook building.

It's used by Campus Rec now. Same deal for the Coliseum when the Volleyball team moves out. They're going to have a HUGE amount of space under roof for students to rec around in. The Coliseum is in the process of getting a new roof as we speak. I haven't taken pictures of the progress, but I could next weekend when I'm out.

The Coliseum has already been used by Campus Rec for quite some time now. It's just closed to students during vball games, obviously. So the move won't result in any expansion of the current Campus Rec facilities.

• Fire 1

The Coliseum has already been used by Campus Rec for quite some time now. It's just closed to students during vball games, obviously. So the move won't result in any expansion of the current Campus Rec facilities.

True. Good point.

I believe UNL prefers the phrase "get rec'd".

And about the lights. I believe they have started to run cable on the inside of the expansion, I'll have to double check but I think I have a buddy that started working there last week. So the electricals and things shouldn't be too far behind if they aren't on that already.

I thought the entire thing was going to be done by the start of the season, was that not that case?

Next season teach, that's always been the plan. I hope they have most of the exterior done before this season and spend most of next year with interior, but my guess would be that they won't even have the boxes in before the season

Are they replacing the bleachers in east stadium? Looks like something is going on but I can't quite tell what.

Yes, they are. They already replaced the bleachers in the west stadium last spring. I don't know if they're doing the south stadium, but the north bleachers should be new enough that they don't need replacing.

IMO...they need to stop replacing bleachers, and with the exception of leaving a few for people with disabilities, they need to rip all of them out so that NOBODY can sit. People sitting on their hands and telling others to sit down is the biggest cancer of Husker football.

Spray paint your number on the cement. "Excuse me usher...could you show me to my 'stand?'

I'm only half-joking, by the way. ;)

Sorry no updates in a while. Super busy right now with family stuff. Haven't had much of a chance to get on HuskerBoard, let alone go out to the stadium. They've made a lot of progress, and I'm going to try to get out there ASAP, but no promises when I can.

post-6426-0-93535200-1341730746.jpg

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the NFL crap up there. I'm sure it's largely for recruiting, but I feel like the NFL is a cancer to most college football teams. Niles Paul, Brandon Kinnie - they stunk it up their senior seasons searching for stats to get their faces up on that wall. It's one thing to honor those players as Huskers...but putting that 'standard' up there for every other player on the team to look at each day seems less like motivation and more like we're branching away from our humble, work ethic driven core framework Bo has been trying to instill in the team for the last 4 years. This seems like more Callahan than Pelini.

• Fire 1