Stadium Expansion

What is everyones opinion on the multicolor turf? I know there were a lot of mixed emotions when it was first installed. I have personally grown to like it quite a bit.

It has slowly grown on me over the years. Don't quote me on this, and if I am wrong somebody please correct me, but I think the reason they went to the multicolor turf was because that was how the field looked during the Devaney era, at least that is what I have heard.

I like it but wish the contrast was a little more subtle. And, RED ENDZONES please! White "CORNHUSKERS" in one end and white "NEBRASKA" in the other.

Love the mutli-colored, heck no @ red endzones. However, I think if we install new turf soon we should make the multi-color pattern symmetrical, ala Oregon:

autzen_2_002-420x315.JPG

What is everyones opinion on the multicolor turf? I know there were a lot of mixed emotions when it was first installed. I have personally grown to like it quite a bit.

It has slowly grown on me over the years. Don't quote me on this, and if I am wrong somebody please correct me, but I think the reason they went to the multicolor turf was because that was how the field looked during the Devaney era, at least that is what I have heard.

I think that's correct. They were trying to imitate the mow lines from way back when we had real grass.

I like it but wish the contrast was a little more subtle. And, RED ENDZONES please! White "CORNHUSKERS" in one end and white "NEBRASKA" in the other.

Love the mutli-colored, heck no @ red endzones. However, I think if we install new turf soon we should make the multi-color pattern symmetrical, ala Oregon:

autzen_2_002-420x315.JPG

This is a crude mockup but something like this (picture the block N at midfield and the correct font, this was the closest I could find).

NUfield.jpg

Disagree on the symetrical thing as well. It's bad enough we kind of copied Oregon in the first place, this keeps it a little bit separate.

Personally I like the multi colored turf, and current endzone designs. Could use a replacing though. I think i've heard 10 years is about the life of field turf? I can't seem to remember when this was installed though.

I don't think it can stretch 10 years.........