Stadium Expansion

I'm going to have to break this down into a few posts because I have a lot to post. I took pics of the expansion last weekend but this is the first chance I've had to post them.

First pic is actually from today. I went through the stadium and got a chance to take a panorama of the whole thing. It's a HUGE pic, so be warned...

dscf2743.jpg

• Fire 4

I'm going to have to break this down into a few posts because I have a lot to post. I took pics of the expansion last weekend but this is the first chance I've had to post them.

First pic is actually from today. I went through the stadium and got a chance to take a panorama of the whole thing. It's a HUGE pic, so be warned...

That's so f'ing dope!

Now, from last weekend:

I was able to get inside the construction fence for a few of these, thanks to a very kind gentleman working on the weekend. Walked in, snapped a couple of shots, and left post haste.

DSCF2521.jpg

DSCF2511.jpg

DSCF2540.jpg

DSCF2533.jpg

This is the progress on Ed Weir Track from the weekend:

DSCF2523.jpg

• Fire 2

Next up, the Arena and environs.

The standard Arena shot:

DSCF2549.jpg

They've already started adding some seat decks to the structure:

DSCF2551.jpg

And a staircase going in:

DSCF2553.jpg

The power plant building, taken from the parking lot of the Post Office:

DSCF2556.jpg

And the Amtrak station, which opened for business this week, a day or two after this pic was taken:

DSCF2558.jpg

The Arena from the south, under the canopy about a block north of O Street:

DSCF2562.jpg

And this was taken today, from Haymarket Park, looking south at the Arena to provide another angle to see this thing:

DSCF2662.jpg

• Fire 3

Are they replacing the bleachers in east stadium? Looks like something is going on but I can't quite tell what.

Yes, they are. They already replaced the bleachers in the west stadium last spring. I don't know if they're doing the south stadium, but the north bleachers should be new enough that they don't need replacing.