Stadium Expansion

post-6426-0-93535200-1341730746.jpg

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the NFL crap up there. I'm sure it's largely for recruiting, but I feel like the NFL is a cancer to most college football teams. Niles Paul, Brandon Kinnie - they stunk it up their senior seasons searching for stats to get their faces up on that wall. It's one thing to honor those players as Huskers...but putting that 'standard' up there for every other player on the team to look at each day seems less like motivation and more like we're branching away from our humble, work ethic driven core framework Bo has been trying to instill in the team for the last 4 years. This seems like more Callahan than Pelini.

Well stated.......

post-6426-0-93535200-1341730746.jpg

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the NFL crap up there. I'm sure it's largely for recruiting, but I feel like the NFL is a cancer to most college football teams. Niles Paul, Brandon Kinnie - they stunk it up their senior seasons searching for stats to get their faces up on that wall. It's one thing to honor those players as Huskers...but putting that 'standard' up there for every other player on the team to look at each day seems less like motivation and more like we're branching away from our humble, work ethic driven core framework Bo has been trying to instill in the team for the last 4 years. This seems like more Callahan than Pelini.

Well stated.......

Agreed. Promoting the NFL success of former Huskers is great and should be showcased around the complex and elsewhere... but not in the lockerroom/players lounge. That should be the place where the players focus on their college careers and on the team they are a part of at Nebraska, not their potential future ones.

No, just a little catwalk overpass thing on the 4th floor between Manter and Hamilton. It's about even with the height of the old stadium but it gives a sweet view from higher up and from the south that people don't really have access to.

NUandOU, if you check out the renderings of the expansion plans the lower part (nearly to the bottom of the first floor) is the facade that is up. The brick sits on top of that, encasing the upper 2/3 of the big windows and all the smaller ones up to the balcony.

Above the balcony it goes back to the facade that is on the lower foundation and the rest of the stadium.

I believe the Osborne Complex is done the same way... haven't really noticed the foundation in a while though so I'm not 100% on that.

The iron work on top is starting to look really awesome, I can get a pic from the catwalk again hopefully soon.

you had a pic from the catwalk? where did I miss this?

It was earlier in the thread:

manshow.jpg

Hot damn. That purse is sexy.

It's not a purse. It's a European man satchel.