Stadium Expansion

Well, that begs the question: How are they ranking these stadiums? Atmosphere? Best food? Hottest fans?

Well, to throw my two cents in (which of course will include my innate biases)... The Big House is huge and all, but its not entirely fan friendly, even with the renovations people are packed in like sardines and the upper seats are sooo far away from the field since its just one big bowl. Happy Valley is huge, but it does not have the history and is not a very pleasant piece architecturally, just a bunch of mangled aluminum pieces put together like an erector set, but the seating is better and its louder than the Big House. The Shoe does not have a bad seat in the house (unless you are unfortunate enough to have a seat in the lower section directly behind the mammoth flag pole) and it is one the more fan friendly stadiums while being enormous (plenty of bathrooms, concessions, easy to enter/exit, etc.) and having the long history/tradition that the Big House enjoys.

With all that said, I will go with Ohio Stadium, Memorial Stadium (it was modeled after Ohio Stadium after all--even though that is all I know about the stadium, and the whole sell-out thing helps), Happy Valley, and The Big House

Huskers could always get new turf and stripe it like this:

LUB_field.jpg

No me gusta!!!!

That hurts my eyes to look at it on the computer screen let alone actually watch a football game there. I am ok with the striping like Oregon and Nebraska has slight differences in the green to make it look like it is mowed differently but that is crazy. I have never liked the blue turf at Boise, or even the red turf at eastern Washington. It is a gimmick and I don't think we need to do things like that here. If you want to put some color in the endzones or something I am ok with that even but grass or grass looking playing field is was I prefer!

Well, that begs the question: How are they ranking these stadiums? Atmosphere? Best food? Hottest fans?

Well, to throw my two cents in (which of course will include my innate biases)... The Big House is huge and all, but its not entirely fan friendly, even with the renovations people are packed in like sardines and the upper seats are sooo far away from the field since its just one big bowl. Happy Valley is huge, but it does not have the history and is not a very pleasant piece architecturally, just a bunch of mangled aluminum pieces put together like an erector set, but the seating is better and its louder than the Big House. The Shoe does not have a bad seat in the house (unless you are unfortunate enough to have a seat in the lower section directly behind the mammoth flag pole) and it is one the more fan friendly stadiums while being enormous (plenty of bathrooms, concessions, easy to enter/exit, etc.) and having the long history/tradition that the Big House enjoys.

With all that said, I will go with Ohio Stadium, Memorial Stadium (it was modeled after Ohio Stadium after all--even though that is all I know about the stadium, and the whole sell-out thing helps), Happy Valley, and The Big House

Yep. quoting myself. Michigan stadium all the way to number six (based on some of what I said above). The field is wide open.

Alohastadium+Rendering.jpg

Will it be required to be on something to make the most of your experience at the new Aloha Stadium once they get the new turf in? I can see it now acid and shrooms made available at the concession stands!

I would have an epilepsy fit in a matter of minutes if I saw a game there.