Stadium Expansion

Speaking of stadium renovations:

http://en.wikipedia....um_video_boards

I don't know about you guys but 14th in the nation is pretty painful. We also haven't upgraded our screen since 2004. If we want to become #1 we need to beat out Texas's Godzillatron. The screen can be placed in the South side of memorial:

MBoA0.png

Sometimes big is just too big. No need for anything larger IMO. In fact, I could do without the one in the north end.

I don't know about you guys but 14th in the nation is pretty painful. We also haven't upgraded our screen since 2004. If we want to become #1 we need to beat out Texas's Godzillatron. The screen can be placed in the South side of memorial:

MBoA0.png

Just because Texas has an outrageously large screen doesn't mean Nebraska needs to constantly one up them every time. If it were my choice, eventually in the next 10 years or so I would expand south stadium to match the look of north stadium. If you want to put a similar size screen in south stadium like what north stadium has so that north stadium fans have a big screen to look at that is fine with me. But once they finally finish expanding east stadium, and eventually south stadium I think that should be the end of major expansion on Memorial Stadium. After that it will just be minor tweaks here and there. Hopefully someday that will include a new sound system for the whole stadium.

Anyway, let Texas have their Godzillatron.....Nebraska has over 300 plus consecutive sellouts.....50 years and counting....and Texas will never ever be able to touch that.

It would appear the new board going in at OSU this summer will make it fifth (42 X 124). Is a new one going in with the renovations here, is that what I am reading? Or that you guys just want a new one, but they are not putting it in.

Time for a massive picdump. It's been a while, so there's been a lot of progress since my last pics.

DSCF2926copy.jpg

DSCF2932copy.jpg

I thought the ivy growing on the chain-link fence and columns was pretty cool.

DSCF2960copy.jpg

Here's a shot from near 14th street, all the way on the east end of the parking lot next to the stadium. You have to get back that far now to get this whole thing in perspective.

DSCF2975copy.jpg

The finished new video booth on South Stadium. It's big.

DSCF2981copy.jpg

What I believe is the Club Seating on the East Side. The GA seats will go above all of this, remember.

DSCF2996copy.jpg

The whole south side. It's big, and it's going to get bigger.

DSCF2999copy.jpg

A couple of shots of the NE corner. In the foreground is the new turf on the soccer field.

DSCF3012copy.jpg

DSCF3016copy.jpg

Finally, a shot from WAAAY downtown. I took this standing on the east side of the new Amtrak station, to show how tall this thing is as it grows and grows. That's the Post Office on the left.

DSCF3054copy.jpg

• Fire 1

Next up, the Arena.

First up, a shot of the arena from the Salt Valley Roadway overpass on I-180. It dominates your view as you drive into downtown from the Interstate these days.

DSCF2920copy.jpg

Looking SW from the foot of the Haymarket foot bridge:

DSCF3026copy.jpg

Looking NW from 7th & Q.

DSCF3043copy.jpg

Looking NE from 5th & Q. Yep, that's the correct address - I took this shot from the parking lot of the new Amtrak station. Note the removed tracks in all of these photos. Everything has been switched over west of the Amtrak station, and work can now begin in earnest on the whole West Of Haymarket complex.

DSCF3051copy.jpg

This is the NW corner of the power plant building I've taken pics of before, also from the Amtrak station lot.

DSCF3065copy.jpg

An area shot from the O Street overpass.

DSCF3068copy.jpg

The power plant building.

DSCF3069copy.jpg

The Arena from the O Street overpass.

DSCF3071copy.jpg

• Fire 2

We don't always have to be #1 in stuff as meaningless as video boards. We have to do what makes sense for us.