Stadium Expansion

Speaking of stadium renovations:

http://en.wikipedia....um_video_boards

I don't know about you guys but 14th in the nation is pretty painful. We also haven't upgraded our screen since 2004. If we want to become #1 we need to beat out Texas's Godzillatron. The screen can be placed in the South side of memorial:

We don't always have to be #1 in stuff as meaningless as video boards. We have to do what makes sense for us.

The North Stadium videoboard was the largest in the nation when it was installed. Soon after we did ours Texas did theirs and others started upgrading throughout the last few years.

You can start #1 (and Nebraska has led the way for a lot of the stuff that's out there now in these kinds of things) but someone is always going to see what you do and they will all try to outdo you.

When they built the scoreboard they did it with the abilty to expand it and make it larger in the future if they want to. But we aren't going to do it just to be on top of some meaningless list, it will be expanded if the time comes when expansion is needed.

I don't know about you guys but 14th in the nation is pretty painful. We also haven't upgraded our screen since 2004. If we want to become #1 we need to beat out Texas's Godzillatron. The screen can be placed in the South side of memorial:

We don't always have to be #1 in stuff as meaningless as video boards. We have to do what makes sense for us.

The North Stadium videoboard was the largest in the nation when it was installed. Soon after we did ours Texas did theirs and others started upgrading throughout the last few years.

You can start #1 (and Nebraska has led the way for a lot of the stuff that's out there now in these kinds of things) but someone is always going to see what you do and they will all try to outdo you.

When they built the scoreboard they did it with the abilty to expand it and make it larger in the future if they want to. But we aren't going to do it just to be on top of some meaningless list, it will be expanded if the time comes when expansion is needed.

I think audio is a bit more important, but when they expand the south I hope they include a big video screen

On the last pic of the stadium (taken outside of the stadium on the southwest corner) where you can see the steel work going up over the highest part of the South stadium..... do you all see the glass for the suites just down in the corner gap between south and west stadium that look like they are starting to go in? It looks to me like they have installed the glass front to these but I may be wrong.

yesterday was the first time in a loooong time i have driven toward DT on i180 and its pretty cool how the arena is right in your sight path the entire time. to see east stadium in person is amazing as well, even from i180 it looks ginormous.

It really is quite big. Impressively big. People will be shocked when they see it.

yesterday was the first time in a loooong time i have driven toward DT on i180 and its pretty cool how the arena is right in your sight path the entire time. to see east stadium in person is amazing as well, even from i180 it looks ginormous.

It really is quite big. Impressively big. People will be shocked when they see it.

Had the same experience yesterday evening about 6:30ish, I thought I was lost in a major city somewhere. Reminded me of driving the interstate around Tampa, minus the palm trees and water everywhere, it's obviously not the size of the Tropicana but it dominates the skyline in the same way.

Why do I have a feeling that this project will only cater to people that can afford club seats? Any expansion is a good thing, and I don't see a problem selling the tickets, as there is a long waiting list. The question I think that bothers everyone is the sell-out streak, and can it survive a couple of bad seasons? Personally I think that streak is a little over-rated.

Why do I have a feeling that this project will only cater to people that can afford club seats? Any expansion is a good thing, and I don't see a problem selling the tickets, as there is a long waiting list. The question I think that bothers everyone is the sell-out streak, and can it survive a couple of bad seasons? Personally I think that streak is a little over-rated.

It is one of the last things people can hold on to. All the great streaks have come and gone. 9 win seasons, appearances in bowl games, consecutive wins over ku/mu... all those are gone. This 1 streak is about all that is left. i think this is why people make such a big deal about it..

Knapp, were you driving a minivan?

An SUV. Correction - a crappy SUV.

It is one of the last things people can hold on to. All the great streaks have come and gone. 9 win seasons, appearances in bowl games, consecutive wins over ku/mu... all those are gone. This 1 streak is about all that is left. i think this is why people make such a big deal about it..

Not only that, but this is a record held not by the team, but by the fans. Players come and go. None of the kids playing for the Huskers today was alive by the time I had watched my 100th Husker game. Some of us had seen 200 games in person by the time Bo ever came to Lincoln - in 2003. Some of our fans watched their first game before Tom Osborne was an assistant under Bob Devaney.

That's what makes this streak so great. Players come and go. Coaches come and go. The one constant throughout all of it is us, the fans. Long after the debates over Martinez' throwing motion are a distant memory, we'll still be here.

That doesn't make us better than anyone else. But it does set us apart from anyone else. And we should cherish that, whether you're an Option Fan, a Spread Offense Fan, a Bo Fan, a Tommie Fan, or whichever kind of Husker you are.

It's that kind of thing, no matter how much I agree with or disagree with you guys, that keeps me coming back here, keeps me coming to games. You guys.

You're pretty cool. :thumbs

• Fire 1

MBoA0.png

Sometimes big is just too big. No need for anything larger IMO. In fact, I could do without the one in the north end.

honestly, i think we need to scrap the stadium and just turn the whole state into a screen.