Alternate Uniforms for Texas Game?

What's next? Little ears of corn stickers on the helmets? :corndance

I have always hated the all white uni's.

Please do not change the helmet (and I say no chance of that happening).

I could live with the all red uni's for just this one game and the Red Out.

Was it just me or did VA Tech uni's in the opener vs. Boise look hideous? And Oregon...their uni's often look terrible. The white names on the back of a white uniform? What genius thought that wouldn't be horrible to read? That sure looked cheap and lame.

nebraskan.png

Just so everyone is clear, the above helmet image has been available online for over a year. I stumbled on a website that has all kinds of theoretical alternate helmets for different teams and they all had the same style with the black visor on it. I just looked for that site again, but couldn't find it. But check out this site that uses the exact same graphic style. So obviously this didn't come from the athletic department. I doubt Nexus meant it that way, but I just wanted to make sure that nobody thought that there is a chance of seeing the above helmet Saturday.

I heard about the all-red uniforms Monday through a friend in the athletic department. I didn't post it on here because I didn't want to get all of the skeptics dumping on me (but I understand because I always roll my eyes when people post inside info based on "sources"). Anyhow, not 100% sure this is the case, but I can say that this is consistent to what I've heard from my friend in the athletic department.

My friend also told me last week that Husker Vision wanted to have a special video of NU-UT highlights from the Big 12 title game last year set to this song right before the tunnel walk. But he told me this week that TO nixed that idea. Too confrontational I guess, but I think it would've been sweet. I noticed that Unsportsmanlike Conduct on 1620AM opened yesterday's show with this song, so maybe they heard that this idea was nixed as well. Or maybe it was just an amazing coincidence.

No such thing as a coincidence on that show. You just know they were eating up that sweet idea.

The guy with the red uniform concept image did get one thing right, though. Scarlet and Cream look damn fine together, it's a shame we don't actually use those colors anymore.

I second that. Even worse is that hardly anyone sells scarlet and cream Husker stuff anymore, including NE Bookstore. It's frustrating if you like traditional, vintage stuff like I do.

I dont get what or why everyone gets all hyped up or mad about uniform tweaks.. Everyone says tradition!!!! Well dont our Helmets and Jerseys look alot different from when NEBRASKA started playing ball.. And just how many times have they changed over the years.. Now I am not saying we completly change the look or do any thing major, but an ALT jersey here and there doesnt make or break the tradition of the Program.. Its the way our Coachs and players go out there and perform....

I dont get what or why everyone gets all hyped up or mad about uniform tweaks.. Everyone says tradition!!!! Well dont our Helmets and Jerseys look alot different from when NEBRASKA started playing ball.. And just how many times have they changed over the years.. Now I am not saying we completly change the look or do any thing major, but an ALT jersey here and there doesnt make or break the tradition of the Program.. Its the way our Coachs and players go out there and perform....

We have changed the helmet N sticker and red stripe exactly ZERO times since we won our first National Championship in 1970. Enough said...