The Only Way We're Gonna Beat Misery

C N Red

Is if we somehow shore up our run D in the next week. But i'm not holdin my breath since we haven't been able to do it all season. Their o-line is the strong point of their team, and our d-line hasnt showed they can do anything against even poor o-lines. We have to make Misery one dimentional and make David Blain Gumpert beat us. However the only way I see us stopping the run is getting out of our nickel, dime, and peso sets and putting more guys in the box. And I don't think Bo is willing to do that. We are not gonna be able to score like we did today againt Misery's D.

Also, why did it seem like West was in the game alot today? I'm sorry but he is not very good. Everytime I saw him he was missing tackles or his man was owning him.

The run-D needs a lot of shoring-up. Our tackling has been crap the last two weeks and I'm still waiting for Bo to show "things we can do to stop the run". But at least Mizzou doesn't have a guy like Hunter toting the rock.

Nor a reciever like Blackmon. If they try throwing those bubble screens and stupid flare out passes, we'll shut them out.

The problems with the d-line are being taken a bit out of context. It's becoming more and more clear to me that these guys are to stay in the lanes, control 2 gaps each, gobble up olineman and allow the backers and safeties to make tackles at or just beyond the line, problem last couple games is the tackles are not being made. It's a schemeing thing and it's about points. If Gilmore can teach Niles how to catch in a week, i think bo and carl can teach them how to tackle in a week.

• Fire 1

Our key to victory I think will be to blitz the QB and get a couple of picks and our offense to have a BALANCED attack. The tigers do now have to plan on defending the pass as well as the running game. TM and the receivers showed the can throw the rock for big points as we did not have 1 rushing touchdown.

This should be a great game.

GBR GBR GBR

My oh my how the Husker fan's tune changes from week to week.

Four weeks ago: "This team is in serious trouble, SDSU exposed us, look for the rest of this season to be tough."

Three weeks ago: "Taylor is now a legitimate heisman candidate. There is nobody in the country that can slow down our offense, let's hope some teams lose so we can make it to the MNC."

Last week: "Well I guess we can't win the national championship, but we can still win the north and maybe the Big XII! Our offense sucks though, we're only good against bad teams. We can't play at home, every big game we play there is going to turn into a loss."

Now: "We're gonna roll this top ten Missouri team at home, mark it down!"

Face it guys, none of us has a clue how this game will unfold, and neither do the coaches or players. Anyone can win any given Saturday, and stranger things have certainly happened. If you end up being right, trust me, it was just a coincidence.