Crowd chanting "overrated"

Classiest fans in America

I have a question. Don't you think sometimes some kind of stinging chants are fun?

I love hockey and in the rink some of the chants make me laugh. They are clever....and sting a little. "Over-rated" isn't really that bad. Kind of a dig but don't you do that with your buddies anyways?

I don't have a problem with a little sting. You handed us our asses, fair and square. But "overrated" has, and always will be, a dumb and classless chant. You're actually running down your own team when you chant this.

You can't, on one hand, pound your chest about a win over a top 10 team and then turn around and chant "overrated".

I can promise you most Nebraska fans won't pound their chests about a win over a top 10 mizzou team... because (right or wrong) mizzou football is NOT taken seriously in this state

You (not you specifically) started a whole thread about it: http://www.huskerboa...-off-our-backs/

I realize this doesn't necessarily represent the entire fanbase, but I highly doubt you will just dismiss this win.

Who did Nebraska just beat...?

If we are so terrible, I imagine you'll stick around #14 or so in the polls/BCS.

Congratulations it seems you've made it to step 3, keep going you're almost there!

The 5 steps of handling defeat against Nebraska

1. Blame the refs

2. Call out husker players as being thugs

3. attack the husker "greatest fans in football" quote

4. claim that the team was too young and we would be dead had the conditions been more favorable

5. Sulk and begin to trash talk for next year (oh whoops)

I'm sorry... I was at the game and I didn't even see or hear this. Where/when did it happen?

But yes, it is kind of low to point out true, but hurtful things about a team. Where I was, everyone applauded as the Tigers left the field.

Reported by the post-game guy on KMBC. You could hear it in the background.

I heard it, it was in the south endzone around the mu fans. I think its stupid and don't like it...it wasnt everyone either by a mile...just some here in there. maybe 1 in 20 people. I also don't like it when we do the gooo biiiig redddd thing after winning at home or on the road...but its not all of us, just some. I made a point to try to treat all the MU fans I met yesterday with respect. I am interested in talking to ANY fan who drives in from 300 miles away. and while I am raniting, the whole "stay classy" or any utterenace of the word classy is soooo stupid. who says classy at all anywhere except in a college football stadium or message board?

I'm sorry... I was at the game and I didn't even see or hear this. Where/when did it happen?

But yes, it is kind of low to point out true, but hurtful things about a team. Where I was, everyone applauded as the Tigers left the field.

I heard it, it was in the south endzone around the mu fans. I think its stupid and don't like it...it wasnt everyone either by a mile...just some here in there. maybe 1 in 20 people. I also don't like it when we do the gooo biiiig redddd thing after winning at home or on the road...but its not all of us, just some. I made a point to try to treat all the MU fans I met yesterday with respect. I am interested in talking to ANY fan who drives in from 300 miles away. and while I am raniting, the whole "stay classy" or any utterenace of the word classy is soooo stupid. who says classy at all anywhere except in a college football stadium or message board?

This guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQUEdm-82NE

Double post

I think I've had enough with this crap from opposing fan bases.

A little jarring here and there during a football game is normal and is part of the game. I see no problem with a little booing here and there and I also see no problem with fans chanting things like "hey hey hey, goodbye" or "overrated". The reason we get the classiest and best fans in the world mantra is because we have sold out 309 consecutive games and because our fans are known for applauding a good effort from an opposing team if they beat us.

The truth of the matter is that after the first quarter yesterday, Missouri did look extremely overrated. And save a couple of drives, they looked completely over matched most of the game. It is what it is. I would still argue that Nebraska, collectively, has the best fans in the nation. Definitely the best in the Big 12 North and have shown more class through the years than any other fan base in the nation.

• Fire 2

The game is over, period. If the paper tigers can not grasp a loss to a no talent Nebraska (according to other college fans) team, it sounds like a personal problem. Game over.I like the comment Blane told newspapers about the better team won the game, "I do not know. College football is college football and you have to bring your A game." Duh! did the dog eat their A game. I said in another post, bring your players you have to play and the husker will do the same. Prove you deserve to go to the championship title. No excuse, prove it. Well, the excuses and other BS came out after the game. Why, am I not surprise.

People like to tear down things that other people built. Since animosity has been at a higher than normal level, I think some other fans have taken it as an opportunity to try and punch holes in Nebraska's reputation. Ya the overrated chant was stupid and it belittles your own team and it's kind of a K-state thing to say, but it's not that big of a deal. Keep in mind you still have a bunch of noob drinking students from all over the place (outside the state, new to the Huskers) who still do stuff like go to away games and get their frats kick out of hotels, or go to Stillwater and get so drunk across the board that they pass out before the game even starts (saw it a ton haha).

Every fan base has their bad apples and I think all the perceived hostility has brought it out, right or wrong. Whatever gets people to stop texting and start cheering, to be honest. I've never understood the concept of getting so caught up in telling everyone else what's going on that you completely ignore the people you are with.

You act cool in the gameday thread and pull this BS? You're better than this TigerNuts.

Had to get one little shot in :)

It's a stupid chant and it's stupid when ANYONE does it, not just NU.

I stand by my first post: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/48032-official-missouri-game-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__686453

i completely agree with this. it is self-deprecating. why would you call a team you just beat 'over-rated'? what does that say about you? why would you diminish your accomplish.

You guys are being pretty defensive in this thread. Tigernuts sucks because he is a Mizzou fan, but he probably cannot help that due to inbreeding, meth addicition or intense hillbillifacation, so I would choose to be nice to him. He seems like a pretty decent guy and a fair-minded poster from what I have read.

Was at the game, south stadium. I believe it started in the student section but died pretty quickly when Hel-lou chant started. The over rated chant wasnt very loud or long. If you werent paying attention you wouldve missed it. Moving On.

S

The best part was when an older Mizzou fan(omaha resident) was sitting next to me and when Taylor got sacked he said...... "Yea what to do f-ing think about that." I replied after not talking any smack yet to Mizzou fans yet.... "Scoreboard." Better yet he was cheering when Martinez was limpin around and what not. So it doesnt matter if Mizzou fans are young or old they are all the same CLASSLESS. Enjoy being OU and TU's bridesmaid the next 5-6 years until the conference crumples.