Blane Gabbert

Is it just me or is this kid a friggin monster. I mean how many dam times did we crash the pocket only to have this big lug take off and make our guys look silly. We won the game because of good D but im telling you guys that that QB is a golden ticket. Look at the dam hit he took and was back up the next play. I mean we crash the pocket and he takes off looking like a big lug out there. Im screaming GET EM, but our guys could barely catch him. Thats quite the QB youve got there Mizzou.

Is it just me or is this kid a friggin monster. I mean how many dam times did we crash the pocket only to have this big lug take off and make our guys look silly. We won the game because of good D but im telling you guys that that QB is a golden ticket. Look at the dam hit he took and was back up the next play. I mean we crash the pocket and he takes off looking like a big lug out there. Im screaming GET EM, but our guys could barely catch him. Thats quite the QB youve got there Mizzou.

His running stats were heightened by the fact that we had so many guys in coverage. It's similar to what we try to do with Martinez. Gabbert got away with it, much like Gilbert did, because they're not true running threats and we didn't expect it. It's easy to chunk big yards when everybody is down field and you only have three or four down linemen.

Good quarterback, no question, but we have made him look silly in his last two outings against us. Has all the physical tools to go the the NFL but his mental game (and pocket presence) needs a lot of work. He doesn't do a good job of making decisions when the pocket gets a little flustering, or at least he didn't today.

He played awful though, really. His stat line says it enough, but that doesn't even tell the whole story of the nightmare that this afternoon was for Mr. Gabbert. Seemingly every other pass play he would feel heat, get happy feet, and start running ALL OVER THE PLACE behind the line, not even looking for receivers downfield (at least most of the time), but looking for an escape route. He was completely and entirely flustered and rattled all day long.

He played awful though, really. His stat line says it enough, but that doesn't even tell the whole story of the nightmare that this afternoon was for Mr. Gabbert. Seemingly every other pass play he would feel heat, get happy feet, and start running ALL OVER THE PLACE behind the line, not even looking for receivers downfield (at least most of the time), but looking for an escape route. He was completely and entirely flustered and rattled all day long.

We got good pressure and some real good coverage though. We flustered McCoy the same way last year, and now he's the future of the Cleveland Browns. We destroyed Locker, another surefire first round pick. I think Gabbert in spite of all that, picked up the slack and made plays and clawed his way back for Missouri. Their D's failures just never let it get too close. Gabbert completed some solid, solid strikes into tight coverage on our D, and also showed off a decent set of wheels with some nice runs.

Heck of a QB, heck of a QB.

he's a great qb, I was wondering how our team would be different had he come kept his commitment. He didnt like the change and I respect his decision when the coaching change was made. In the last decade atleast, Nebraska has had its way with QB's who decommit for any reason-Josh Freeman and now Gabbert.

He started scrambling before anyone was near him. On almost every pass play. The commentators noted this, too.

Once Gabbert realized his o-line wasn't holding, he played spooked. Unfotunately, those happy feet work in his favor after 10 seconds when the pass rush is behind him, the receivers have stretched the field and there's 30 yards without a defender. He's not that fast, but he does have a bit of the Scott Frost in him.

Gabbert is a damned fine QB, and we're lucky he plays behind that O Line - or maybe it's better to say that we're lucky our D Line has such great production against their O Line.

Put Gabbert on a lot of teams with better O Lines, better skill players, and we're talking about him winning major awards.

I would have loved to have him here at Nebraska, but I'm darned glad the way things worked out.