The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Got my lite blue SUH Jersey last year and just today got my black SUH Jersey. This is as close as I have been to having a favorite NFL tean since Thanksgiving of 1971. That's when I hitched a ride on the Husker Express and its been an incredible ride ever since. Can't wait for Nick Fairly to get healthy and step in next to Damo.

T_O_B

G>B>R

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN's Jemele Hill:

Barry Sanders is the most electrifying player the Detroit Lions ever drafted.

To some, he's the best running back ever.

But to me, he isn't the Lions' best draft pick ever. Ndamukong Suh is.

Yes, I know it's just Suh's second season in the NFL. Yes, I know his accomplishments have yet to come close to what Sanders achieved -- or, for that matter, to what a lot of previous Lions greats have done.

But I still rank Suh, the defensive rookie of the year in 2010, ahead of Sanders.

Continue Reading

Four weeks into the 2011 NFL season, the Detroit Lions—yes, the same Detroit Lions that haven't made the playoffs this century—are one of just two unbeaten teams left in football. Coming off of two of the biggest second half comeback victories in NFL history, the Lions host the Bears in the first Monday Night Football game held in Detroit since 2001. We spoke to the team's All-Pro Defensive Tackle, Ndamukong Suh, about the vibe in Motown, his coach's musical taste, and Jay Cutler's eyes.

Continue Reading

I see 4 different arms grabbing at him, do I dare say "quadruple teamed"?

Certainly looks like it. Didn't realize two shades of different arms on Suh's left side. Just assumed that was one guy. Impressive that he warrants that much attention in the NFL.

I've been a "sort of" fan of the Lions ever since Schlesinger played for them, but I've never really gotten into NFL football. Last year I wanted to watch every game Suh played in but it seemed like only 2 or 3 were televised on basic cable. This year I've already been able to watch 4 of 5, so I almost feel like a real fan now. It's nice to see some other Huskers playing for them too.

I've been a "sort of" fan of the Lions ever since Schlesinger played for them, but I've never really gotten into NFL football. Last year I wanted to watch every game Suh played in but it seemed like only 2 or 3 were televised on basic cable. This year I've already been able to watch 4 of 5, so I almost feel like a real fan now. It's nice to see some other Huskers playing for them too.

I am kind of in the same boat as you. I don't care much for NFL football, but I am a huge fan of certain players. I was a fan of Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, and Suh. I also thought Jahvid Best was a great pickup and then I like to watch former Husker players play in the NFL. Suh has been so great to watch...I am still not a hardcore fan or a bandwagon fan, but I have no problem cheering the Lions on.