The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Watch 62 as and after the fostomp. He jumps right up and goes towards his huddle as if nothing at all happened. as if a 310lb DL didn't just stomp on his arm w/ any sort of pressure/force.

And here I thought only Bruce Willis was "unbreakable"!!

at the 1 min mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXoEabVXwjc&feature=player_detailpage#t=65s

This proves nothing. Haven't you ever seen players get up after being rocked and run back to the huddle as if nothing happened? It's football. You don't want to show weakness to your opponent.

Your unrelenting defense of Suh is sickening. He was clearly in the wrong and how anyone sees this situation for something other than what it is (intentional stomp) is beyond me.

You really think its not as big a deal because he didn't flinch? How could he flinch? He didn't see the kick coming. You mean becaue he didn't react to being kicked? Maybe because he's a tough guy who gets hit a lot so he's used to it, he does play football after all. Does that make kicking him ok? Hell no.

Suh literally kicked a man when he was down

Are these serious replies? If you touch a hot stove do you flinch? If you get stepped on by cleats from a 310lb man w/ any sort of force/pressure behind it, do you flinch/make any sort of physical reaction?

Come on man...at least hit preview on your post and read if over before posting it. :)

That's exactly what I meant and I was being serious. Does a boxer flinch when he's punched? No. Would it still be wrong to walk up on the street and sucker punch a boxer in the face...yea.

Please, as simply as possible describe to me what you see in the video from before the ball was snapped up until the ref said Suh was ejected.

At 1:52 he tries to throw a punch but the crowd held is arm back.

your assumption.

At 2:08 he throws a punch at the guy in the blue with the hat on. And at 2:30 he throws a punch to the guy in the Pistons jersey.

AFTER that same fan punched him twice in the head from behind. So correction on my part...he didn't even swing at anyone that didn't him him first.

What video were you watching? How could you even make a claim he should not have been suspended the whole season? If anything warrants a lifetime ban on a sport, this is it.

well...for starters I consider this from 1995. The only other occurance I know of of a player going into the stands after a fan. Except this player actually punched a fan.

February 6 – During a timeout in an NBA game between the Portland Trail Blazers and the Houston Rockets at Portland Memorial Coliseum, Houston Rockets guard Vernon Maxwell ran a dozen rows into the stands and punched a fan, Steve George, in the face after George had allegedly heckled him over his wife's recent miscarriage. George suffered a broken jaw, while Maxwell was ejected, suspended for 10 games and fined $20,000 by the NBA.[2]

While looking for a clip of the VM punch I saw this. From what it says on you tube this player wasn't even ejected from the game. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTtxnBFZ88Y

This proves nothing. Haven't you ever seen players get up after being rocked and run back to the huddle as if nothing happened? It's football. You don't want to show weakness to your opponent.

Your unrelenting defense of Suh is sickening. He was clearly in the wrong and how anyone sees this situation for something other than what it is (intentional stomp) is beyond me.

it proves he didn't stomp him w/ any force or intent to hurt.

it appears you haven't read everything I've said. Suh should have been flagged and ejected.

You really think its not as big a deal because he didn't flinch? How could he flinch? He didn't see the kick coming. You mean becaue he didn't react to being kicked? Maybe because he's a tough guy who gets hit a lot so he's used to it, he does play football after all. Does that make kicking him ok? Hell no.

Are these serious replies? If you touch a hot stove do you flinch? If you get stepped on by cleats from a 310lb man w/ any sort of force/pressure behind it, do you flinch/make any sort of physical reaction?

Come on man...at least hit preview on your post and read if over before posting it. :)

That's exactly what I meant and I was being serious. Does a boxer flinch when he's punched? No. Would it still be wrong to walk up on the street and sucker punch a boxer in the face...yea.

Please, as simply as possible describe to me what you see in the video from before the ball was snapped up until the ref said Suh was ejected.

Pretty sure I already described the play. and a highly padded glove that you know is coming at you is a lot different than a small hard cleat being stomped into an unsuspecting arm.

Ok i did not wat to post but I had to after reading some of the comments

first the comment about Shu not even looking -- look at the phot he is looking right down on him with his foot raised

second the comment about other hits that did not get suspended -- most of those where during a play not in a fight well after the play was over

third the comments about the Packer not moving after the stomp -- not sure what footage you are watching -- the one i saw on ESPN he sits up after the stomp

fourth and this has to be the stupidest of them all -- he did not even hit him ---- SO WHAT -- he tried -- and that was WRONG --

it appears you haven't read everything I've said. Suh should have been flagged and ejected.

I've read enough.

How can you honestly say he didn't stomp with any force? Look at the tape and note how violently he stomps his arm. It was full force.

How do you know he didn't have intent to hurt him? Because he didn't get hurt? Great logic there.

first the comment about Shu not even looking -- look at the phot he is looking right down on him with his foot raised

second the comment about other hits that did not get suspended -- most of those where during a play not in a fight well after the play was over

third the comments about the Packer not moving after the stomp -- not sure what footage you are watching -- the one i saw on ESPN he sits up after the stomp

fourth and this has to be the stupidest of them all -- he did not even hit him ---- SO WHAT -- he tried -- and that was WRONG --

and I said he should have been flagged and ejected...so obviously I agree he was wrong in what he did. However based on evidence and precedents it would be a lot easier to justify not suspending him than to suspend him.

• Fire 1

I've read enough.

How can you honestly say he didn't stomp with any force? Look at the tape and note how violently he stomps his arm. It was full force.

How do you know he didn't have intent to hurt him? Because he didn't get hurt? Great logic there.

many times I've said w/ no force/pressure. I'm taking about at contact. Obviously his leg comes down w/ force.

as for your 2nd question....you prefer guilty until proven innocent? Great logic.

I've read enough.

many times I've said w/ no force/pressure. I'm taking about at contact. Obviously his leg comes down w/ force.

as for your 2nd question....you prefer guilty until proven innocent? Great logic.

You think the stomp didn't make contact? Good lord, that's delusional.

Guilty until proven innocent? It's on tape, that pretty much proves guilt. You can't deny the fact that it occurred. He's not innocent of attempting to stomp the guy. It's pretty clear he did. How is there any innocence in Suh's actions?

and I said he should have been flagged and ejected...so obviously I agree he was wrong in what he did. However based on evidence and precedents it would be a lot easier to justify not suspending him than to suspend him.

dude -- the evidence is he stepped on someone -- you say with no force LOOK -- that was a full kick -- i dont give a rats a^^ if he hurt the guy or not -- and precedents -- like i said most of the hits that did not cause a suspendion where during a play not a fight afterwards -- there is a very good reason you do not see many fights in the NFL -- maybe some pushing and jawing but swings -- not many -- the Packer was LAYING on the ground it was not even a fight -- if both players would have been swing I might buy your arguement wi5h a fine -- only other time i remeber someone kicking a player while he was down was Hainsworth -- there is your precedents

dude -- the evidence is he stepped on someone -- you say with no force LOOK -- that was a full kick -- i dont give a rats a^^ if he hurt the guy or not -- and precedents -- like i said most of the hits that did not cause a suspendion where during a play not a fight afterwards -- there is a very good reason you do not see many fights in the NFL -- maybe some pushing and jawing but swings -- not many -- the Packer was LAYING on the ground it was not even a fight -- if both players would have been swing I might buy your arguement wi5h a fine -- only other time i remeber someone kicking a player while he was down was Hainsworth -- there is your precedents

so answer me this on what you think should happen NU plays anybody tmart is tackled and the other player takes his helmet off -- swings it into the back of tmart's helmet- does not hurt him and really only swung it with little force-- only the weight of the helmet

There wasn't a full kick. Looking at the 2nd angle from the side it looks like a backwards swipe of the foot really. From the forward angle it just looked like he was trying to stomp the ground. The second angle makes it clear that he took a swipe in the player's direction. It was a frustration thing though and he didn't get on the guy and stomp on him, which is becoming the impression.

It's kind of like this ejection of Stokely. He swings his arm in frustration and hits a ref. But he obviously didn't go and hit the ref. I think Suh was mad, but not in a dirty, "I'm gonna try and step on people" kinda way.