The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

I'm buying.... if you email stock@packers.com they will email you immediately when the sell off is finally approved. They're only releasing a limited number of shares so they're going to go really fast. I don't understand how you can't respect them XII...I respect many teams I hate. There's a difference between the two emotions.
I hate successful teams, when my team is not having success @ all. Winning is a powerful elixir for that, but Minnesota just can't seem to do that very well. What do you email to stock@packers.com
Oh you're a Vikings fan? I don't know if I feel comfortable telling you in that case...just kidding...I just sent an email with my name and its all automated so it just adds you to a distribution list. Oh and you also have to PM me your credit card and social security numbers to verify your identity.

My credit card # is 8973 4229 0093 3298

SSN: 555-55-5555

There you go

I'm buying.... if you email stock@packers.com they will email you immediately when the sell off is finally approved. They're only releasing a limited number of shares so they're going to go really fast. I don't understand how you can't respect them XII...I respect many teams I hate. There's a difference between the two emotions.
I hate successful teams, when my team is not having success @ all. Winning is a powerful elixir for that, but Minnesota just can't seem to do that very well. What do you email to stock@packers.com
Oh you're a Vikings fan? I don't know if I feel comfortable telling you in that case...just kidding...I just sent an email with my name and its all automated so it just adds you to a distribution list. Oh and you also have to PM me your credit card and social security numbers to verify your identity.

My credit card # is 8973 4229 0093 3298

SSN: 555-55-5555

There you go

Finally I can afford my own lifesize smurf village with fully functional animatronic smurfs to keep me company....ah I'll be living the dream

So. is anyone gonna address the fact that I've met Suh many times (through an ex-girlfriend of mine) and I have a decent sense of what's he like in person?

I think that would be a much more cogent point if you really existed. But to date I have no solid proof that you're not a glitch in the Matrix.

matrix.gifmatrix.gifmatrix.gifmatrix.gifmatrix.gif

So. is anyone gonna address the fact that I've met Suh many times (through an ex-girlfriend of mine) and I have a decent sense of what's he like in person?

Let me clarify. I do NOT believe Suh is a bad person on or off the field. However, I do think he has some problems reigning his emotions in in the heat of the battle. Is his "dirty" label totally warranted? Probably not. But he needs to learn to start playing within the confines of the game. If he can't do that, he can expect more suspensions/fines in his future.

Let me clarify. I do NOT believe Suh is a bad person on or off the field. However, I do think he has some problems reigning his emotions in in the heat of the battle. Is his "dirty" label totally warranted? Probably not. But he needs to learn to start playing within the confines of the game. If he can't do that, he can expect more suspensions/fines in his future.

We finally come to an agreement! Suh really is a great person, he just has a hard time controlling his emotions. Like you said, though, if he can't learn to control those emotions, he needs to be fined and suspended.

I think that would be a much more cogent point if you really existed. But to date I have no solid proof that you're not a glitch in the Matrix.

Or is the Matrix just a virtual reality built to make you think you're living outside a virtual reality built to make you think you're living in reality? How do you know you're real, knapp? Maybe the machines already won and they just went all Inception up in this virtual reality reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZMdfrc-6U8

This should end it....Look at 1:26, I defended Suh until this different angle came out. He clearly stomped on the guys arm. This may have been a "dirty play". Suh however is not a dirty player. He will defiantly get suspended. 3 games minimum. FWIW.

WRONG. Maybe he meant to TRY to kick him...only he can know that. But evidence/video shows he made little to not contact. So it's factually wrong to say he "stomped on the guys arm".

What Suh for sure is guilty of is being a dumbass for even creating the possibility for this misinterpretation.

So what are you trying to argue? That Suh had no intention of hitting Dietrich-Smith with his kick?

Only Suh can know that. All we know is that he didn't. However no one in the media ever mentions this fact. They act as if he made solid, damaging contact and this creates a false image and an unwarranted LEVEL of outrage...which I'm sure/had to influence the discipline from the NFL. They caved to the pressure...a cowardly move.

Same thing happened when Artest was suspended an entire season in the NBA. He didn't even attempt a swing or anything to any fan or player...he just ran into the stands to confront whoever threw something at him. He should have only received a couple games suspension but got an entire season because the NBA were cowards too.

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about, do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsSjwBcjFlM

Did you even watch the video? Artest never threw a punch at anyone. He ran up to confront/get in the face of the fan and in doing so they fell down together.

Thanks for that extended clip. I didn't realize that twice something was thrown at Artest. It happened first around the 1:20 mark...some large object at his head when he was standing.

Here's my view on the whole situation:

Suh slamming the guy's head into the ground and then accidentally (you can tell very clearly from the video that it was an accident) "stomping" on his arm was a dirty action. No doubt about that. BUT, the Packers player did not get hurt. That's what makes this different in my book from, say, James Harrison body slamming Mohamed Massaquoi into the ground and injuring him. Harrison got a big fine for that, but no suspension. Yesterday, on SportsNation, Beadle said that only two players have ever been suspended for their actions on the field: Albert Haynesworth and some guy from the Stone Ages. If that's true, suspending Suh for something like this is an awful big double standard on the part of the NFL.

So I ask again: if Dietrich-Smith would have been injured, than should Suh be suspended? It's such a dumb premise that because he didn't hurt the guy, he so obviously had no malicious intent.

You know the answer because I've told it to you...so why do you keep asking? It shouldn't matter if he was injured or not...you look at the act itself. If Suh wanted to cause pain/damage he would/could have. That looks like what Hanesworth did. Suh didn't put any pressure or follow through on his "stomp". It simply LOOKED really bad. For that and the head push he should have been ejected and gotten the personal foul and that's it. The punishment should fit the crime.

Here is what factually happened

2 players in aggressive tangle up.

1 ends up on top and pushed off the other's helmet a few times in trying to get up/off.

same player kicks down in the air aggressively in the direction of player 2 who is directly under/right next to him but makes no contact.

If you read that and didn't know who the players names were the most that should happen is an ejection and penalty. However if you see the video and see that it's Suh and see the rage in the kick it's easy to let emotion/perception overtake reality.

Because it's Suh..who has had past fines for aggressive play...a fine wouldn't be unreasonable. Also if I were the coach I'd discipline him further for doing something so stupid and damaging to the teams chances of winning.

Here's my view on the whole situation:

Suh slamming the guy's head into the ground and then accidentally (you can tell very clearly from the video that it was an accident) "stomping" on his arm was a dirty action. No doubt about that. BUT, the Packers player did not get hurt. That's what makes this different in my book from, say, James Harrison body slamming Mohamed Massaquoi into the ground and injuring him. Harrison got a big fine for that, but no suspension. Yesterday, on SportsNation, Beadle said that only two players have ever been suspended for their actions on the field: Albert Haynesworth and some guy from the Stone Ages. If that's true, suspending Suh for something like this is an awful big double standard on the part of the NFL.

So I ask again: if Dietrich-Smith would have been injured, than should Suh be suspended? It's such a dumb premise that because he didn't hurt the guy, he so obviously had no malicious intent.

You know the answer because I've told it to you...so why do you keep asking? It shouldn't matter if he was injured or not...you look at the act itself. If Suh wanted to cause pain/damage he would/could have. That looks like what Hanesworth did. Suh didn't put any pressure or follow through on his "stomp". It simply LOOKED really bad. For that and the head push he should have been ejected and gotten the personal foul and that's it. The punishment should fit the crime.

Here is what factually happened

2 players in aggressive tangle up.

1 ends up on top and pushed off the other's helmet a few times in trying to get up/off.

same player kicks down in the air aggressively in the direction of player 2 who is directly under/right next to him but makes no contact.

If you read that and didn't know who the players names were the most that should happen is an ejection and penalty. However if you see the video and see that it's Suh and see the rage in the kick it's easy to let emotion/perception overtake reality.

Because it's Suh..who has had past fines for aggressive play...a fine wouldn't be unreasonable. Also if I were the coach I'd discipline him further for doing something so stupid and damaging to the teams chances of winning.

Too bad Jim Schwartz is Suh's head coach. Schwartz is just as bad as Suh is when it comes to controlling emotions and dealing with the problems that causes.

If he had been injured, then, yes, Suh should be suspended.

I'm not saying that head slamming wasn't malicious, because it obviously was, but the fact is that Dietrich-Smith wasn't hurt. The problem I have with the whole situation is that players like James Harrison, Tommie Harris, Hines Ward, Haloti Ngata, Shaun Phillips, Shawn Merriman, and Brandon Merriweather have all done much worse things on the field (things that have actually caused some serious injuries), yet all they got were fines. No suspension, just fines. What Suh did to Dietrich-Smith doesn't even compare to Haloti Ngata punching Ben Roethlisberger in the face and breaking his nose or James Harrison body slamming Mohamed Massaquoi into the ground, yet Suh gets suspended. Complete BS.

I was hoping you had something here..but I only found one hit from Harrison on Mohamed and it wasn't a slam...it was a straight up hit that may have been helmet first....I found the Ngata video and he didn't punch Ben...... Sorry man but unless you're talking about different plays those are 2 bad comparisons.

But it's the principal of it all. He did it. Whether or not he injured the guy is irrelevant. It's like saying you shouldn't go to jail if you shoot someone but they're not injured.

more like saying a fake/psych basketball pass at someone's face is the same thing as actually throwing the ball and hitting them in the face.