The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Came across this article earlier today, excuse me if it has been posted already.. Such an inaccurate article written by a lady who doesn't know jack s*** about Suh or Pelini.

http://www.foxsports...06#cmnta_615548

I saw that article as well. It's drivel, and I didn't post it on purpose.

The entire point of that article is to rile people up, get them to talk about it with their friends, and get more clicks on her story. There is no reason to click the link. You wouldn't line your bird cage with that article, believe me.

I read that a little bit ago. I almost threw up in my mouth. She's from Texas AND a Mizzery grad. It's sad that hacks like her have a job while there are people struggling to find work to feed their families.

Here's my view on the whole situation:

Suh slamming the guy's head into the ground and then accidentally (you can tell very clearly from the video that it was an accident) "stomping" on his arm was a dirty action. No doubt about that. BUT, the Packers player did not get hurt. That's what makes this different in my book from, say, James Harrison body slamming Mohamed Massaquoi into the ground and injuring him. Harrison got a big fine for that, but no suspension. Yesterday, on SportsNation, Beadle said that only two players have ever been suspended for their actions on the field: Albert Haynesworth and some guy from the Stone Ages. If that's true, suspending Suh for something like this is an awful big double standard on the part of the NFL.

So I ask again: if Dietrich-Smith would have been injured, than should Suh be suspended? It's such a dumb premise that because he didn't hurt the guy, he so obviously had no malicious intent.

If he had been injured, then, yes, Suh should be suspended.

I'm not saying that head slamming wasn't malicious, because it obviously was, but the fact is that Dietrich-Smith wasn't hurt. The problem I have with the whole situation is that players like James Harrison, Tommie Harris, Hines Ward, Haloti Ngata, Shaun Phillips, Shawn Merriman, and Brandon Merriweather have all done much worse things on the field (things that have actually caused some serious injuries), yet all they got were fines. No suspension, just fines. What Suh did to Dietrich-Smith doesn't even compare to Haloti Ngata punching Ben Roethlisberger in the face and breaking his nose or James Harrison body slamming Mohamed Massaquoi into the ground, yet Suh gets suspended. Complete BS.

But it's the principal of it all. He did it. Whether or not he injured the guy is irrelevant. It's like saying you shouldn't go to jail if you shoot someone but they're not injured.

That's a terrible analogy. Shooting at someone is illegal. Stepping on someone's arm in a fit of anger during a football game is not. He did do it. Was it malicious? Nope. Watch the clip again. Suh wasn't even looking at the guy. The fact that the guy said he had to look at the tape to be sure says it all. It doesn't sound (although I don't know this player so I can only give my opinion) like this whole incident made any different to the victim. Why is it making such a difference to you or other here who share your opinion?

Ndamukong-Suh-Stomping-e1322423457724.jpg

Why does it make a difference to me? Maybe because there are a few on here (a few, not all) who maintain that Suh either A) didn't intend to hit Dietrich-Smith or B) shouldn't be punished because he didn't hurt the guy when he stomped him.

Ah ha! I never noticed it before. You can clearly see that 62 has a firm hold on Suh's foot. Suh was merely trying to shake the guy off and lost his balance. It all makes sense now. Phew...case closed we can finally put the lock on this thread.

Suh slamming the guy's head into the ground and then accidentally (you can tell very clearly from the video that it was an accident) "stomping" on his arm was a dirty action. No doubt about that. BUT, the Packers player did not get hurt. That's what makes this different in my book from, say, James Harrison body slamming Mohamed Massaquoi into the ground and injuring him. Harrison got a big fine for that, but no suspension. Yesterday, on SportsNation, Beadle said that only two players have ever been suspended for their actions on the field: Albert Haynesworth and some guy from the Stone Ages. If that's true, suspending Suh for something like this is an awful big double standard on the part of the NFL.

So I ask again: if Dietrich-Smith would have been injured, than should Suh be suspended? It's such a dumb premise that because he didn't hurt the guy, he so obviously had no malicious intent.

I'm not saying that head slamming wasn't malicious, because it obviously was, but the fact is that Dietrich-Smith wasn't hurt. The problem I have with the whole situation is that players like James Harrison, Tommie Harris, Hines Ward, Haloti Ngata, Shaun Phillips, Shawn Merriman, and Brandon Merriweather have all done much worse things on the field (things that have actually caused some serious injuries), yet all they got were fines. No suspension, just fines. What Suh did to Dietrich-Smith doesn't even compare to Haloti Ngata punching Ben Roethlisberger in the face and breaking his nose or James Harrison body slamming Mohamed Massaquoi into the ground, yet Suh gets suspended. Complete BS.

But it's the principal of it all. He did it. Whether or not he injured the guy is irrelevant. It's like saying you shouldn't go to jail if you shoot someone but they're not injured.

That's a terrible analogy. Shooting at someone is illegal. Stepping on someone's arm in a fit of anger during a football game is not. He did do it. Was it malicious? Nope. Watch the clip again. Suh wasn't even looking at the guy. The fact that the guy said he had to look at the tape to be sure says it all. It doesn't sound (although I don't know this player so I can only give my opinion) like this whole incident made any different to the victim. Why is it making such a difference to you or other here who share your opinion?

Why does it make a difference to me? Maybe because there are a few on here (a few, not all) who maintain that Suh either A) didn't intend to hit Dietrich-Smith or B) shouldn't be punished because he didn't hurt the guy when he stomped him.

Ah ha! I never noticed it before. You can clearly see that 62 has a firm hold on Suh's foot. Suh was merely trying to shake the guy off and lost his balance. It all makes sense now. Phew...case closed we can finally put the lock on this thread.

That's a firm hold? You've got to be kidding. He's clearly trying to grab Suh's foot to stop him from stomping. Suh is leaning into it angrily as another Packer tries to hold him back. To add to the situation even more look at Wells putting his hand up as if to say "nooooo Suh noooo"

That's a firm hold? You've got to be kidding. He's clearly trying to grab Suh's foot to stop him from stomping. Suh is leaning into it angrily as another Packer tries to hold him back. To add to the situation even more look at Wells putting his hand up as if to say "nooooo Suh noooo"

Suh is trying to pull his foot away from 62 who is trying to twist it. The Packer behind Suh is about to try and body slam him..and look at 63 doing the old..."move along..nothing to see here" as he tries to block the ref's view!

I love Suh. He's a great player. Probably the most dynamic Lions player since Barry Sanders. Living in the Detroit area and having to deal with a losing team for over 10 years, its great to have someone who can dominate the line of scrimmage.

However, what Suh did on Thanksgiving was stupid. As much as I love the guy, he really crossed the line, there. He needs to learn to control his emotions, and stay focus on the game. If he doesn't, than he's going to continue to get suspended.

This is such a crap argument. Suh is as guilty as being dumb in judgement as anyone arguing with Packerfan oops Badgerfan that won't back down from anyone who doesn't think that any player from another rival division team didn't ride the short bus to school every day while Jeffrey Dahmer-ing little kids and nuns and hating panda bears and clubbing baby seals while trying to resurrect Hitler. I'll say again...WHY THE F*CK IS THIS A HUSKER FOOTBALL THREAD?!?!?!