Put away hopes of NC

WYHusk

Mizzou loses, OU loses, KSU kills TXass; our best scenario is now a rematch with OSU in the title game. Meanwhile, Oregon, TCU, Boise and Auburn - and probably LSU, who will likely jump us in the BCS - 3 or 4 of them have to lose for us to even advance to the title game.

I'm all for the win but going to OT with IaSt is gonna kill us in the BCS rankings.

Well, whatever. If we take the Big 12 on the way out the door, I'll take it. All the bowl projections have us playing a Big East patsy too ... :corndance :corndance :corndance

Too bad, though. This was really our year. With the absolutely brutal Big 10 schedule we've got the next couple years, it may be a few years before the stars line up again like they would have this year.

I disagree. To be honest with you, I think what happened to other teams besides us helped us more than they hurt us.

I don't agree or disagree but I'm curious to hear why. Explain.

Yes, explain. I don't see how we were much helped today ...

Alabama is out of the picture. LSU still has to play Arkansas and won't make the SEC championship game unless Auburn loses two. Utah is out of the picture. Boise is going to have a hard time not getting jumped by a one loss BCS team. Oregon still has Arizona, Oregon State, and Cal. Auburn has to play Alabama and the SEC game. Still a lot of football left to be played.

There is no margin of victory factored into the BCS, so a close win over Iowa State isn't going to hurt NU unless the human pollsters vote them lower because of it.

I disagree. To be honest with you, I think what happened to other teams besides us helped us more than they hurt us.

I don't agree or disagree but I'm curious to hear why. Explain.

Yes, explain. I don't see how we were much helped today ...

I had this all up on my whiteboard in my living room when the guys were over. If I can remember it all, here it goes:

TCU-Utah- I don't see this helping TCU as much as people may think. They still did not beat a "big-boy" rather an over-sized child.

Bama-LSU-Auburn:

We can basically eliminate Bama after this week.

I do believe that Saban can beat Auburn giving them one loss.

LSU has a loss and still has to beat Arkansas at Arkansas and Ole Miss. I can see them dropping one of those games giving them two losses. If LSU does not manage to win the SEC you can basically throw them out of the title hunt IMO anyways. Unless they hang around with one loss and South Carolina wins the SEC.

Auburn-They have to play Bama who can beat them, and the winner of the west which will more than likely be South Carolina who they have already played IIRC. We all know just how tough beating a team twice in one year can be.

I really feel confident that Bama will beat Auburn. So that leaves a log jam of one loss teams at the top of the BCS at the end of the year. Beating Auburn will not vault Bama into the CCG or the MNC because they have two losses. LSU is in about the same spot that we are. Outside looking in but definately not out of it.

But none of the above means anything if we don't win out.

That is why I definately believe that Bama losing helps us a lot more than it hurt us.

• Fire 1