Prince to Detroit?

JTrain

Todd McShay is the biggest retard on ESPN by a longshot.

Truer words were never spoken, but he still has a more informed opinion than many other draft gurus. He may have some bad opinions, but he knows his stuff. I think he just does it for attention and to be different than big brother Kiper.

He could nail every pick from now until the end of time, but after he went full retard with the Suh v McCoy thing last year, he'll always be an idiot in my mind (Mayock too). Not only did he say Gerald was a better pass rusher (which is a lie), but he also proclaimed that McCoy would be an instant impact guy, while Suh would take a few years to be a foce.

I live in Tampa, and believe it or not, I've heard radio guys use the dreaded "B" word in regards to McCoy.

One guy (former DT for mid 80's Miami Hurricanes) said "Mccoy sits there and play's pattycake all game long, while Suh makes plays."

Even with vast improvement from past years, Detroit is still on track to pick between 5-10 in the draft. I'm no talent evaluator, but according to Madden, they have the worst CB corps in the league. Prince is 3rd on Kiper's board and 7th or 8th on McShay. Depending on the needs of the teams ahead of the Lions, it's definitely possible Prince is available, and it's hard to imagine them passing him up if so.

:facepalm:

Madden is a very well respected analyst! :sarcasm

Not John Madden the person. Madden the game aka ratings expert Donny Moore, who is pretty obsessive about accuracy.

I knew what you meant, just so you know ;)

Madden = Game

John Madden = Guy who likes mutant turkeys.

As a long time Lions fan, it is great seeing all the Detroit gear showing up in local sporting goods stores since they drafted Suh. It used to be you had to special order that stuff. Prince would be a great addition, but they still need a lot of help on the defensive side.

Lots of football left to play. Maybe the Lions have a lower draft pick than was is predicted now. They have been very close in some games, and just need to turn the corner. :woo

• 1 month later...

It's looking like the Lions might draft a CB, but it might be Patrick Peterson if he declares. But it's possible Denver drafts first and takes Peterson. This could leave Detroit with Prince. Has anyone heard about Peterson for sure? Couldn't find anything official but he's being put in almost every mock draft I've seen.

The Lions have three winnable games left, so it's possible they win two or even three more and drop down to the 8-10 range.

It's looking like the Lions might draft a CB, but it might be Patrick Peterson if he declares. But it's possible Denver drafts first and takes Peterson. This could leave Detroit with Prince. Has anyone heard about Peterson for sure? Couldn't find anything official but he's being put in almost every mock draft I've seen.

The Lions have three winnable games left, so it's possible they win two or even three more and drop down to the 8-10 range.

I pray to God we wont win because I think Peterson is quite a bit better than Amukamara. Our main cb, smith, is out for the year and our lbs are still hurting. KVB is also hurt for the year and our oline still stinks. Best has turf toe so he wont be 100%. I just hope we lose out.

Many experts are pegging the Lions to take another defensive end to compliment Suh and Vanden Bosch. McShay is one of the most notable experts picking the Lions to do so.

That would be pretty interesting though if Nebraska had three defenders on one NFL team, two of them being from Pelini's tutelage. Says a lot about Pelini's work in the last three years.

Barry Turner was just picked up last week by the Lions as well.