Nebraska Football Show.....Bo calls out the fans

btw, it's funny Bo calls out the fans when he says, "I don't care about the 105 NU-KU streak ending"

why should we care then?

In what way are the two related?

They are related because we have shown up for 310 straight sellouts. 105 games of history between 2 schools is just over. It makes me a little sentimental and nostalgic, and it wouldve taken Bo about 10 seconds to say something at least a LITTLE gracious and classy. Instead, he takes time out to chastise the fans and even if it was true, so is the fact that he dismisses a storied rivalry. The LONGEST streak in the nation.

I LOVE Bo and his demeanor and honesty, I really do. He is the man we need for this program. But to dismiss a question about such a streak of games with an "I don't care"?? Yet say our fans were weak? Cmon.

Too cold?

I was standing, jumping yelling and high fiving so much, I took off my jacket...wanna get warm? Move around and cheer

Even when we fumbled, or went three and out, or looked stupid on the long pass at the end with a time out, and the times the defense looking confused?

I cheer, I cheer when the O comes out, I cheer when the D is on the field, etc... But when stupid things happen, or during the half, or long media time outs, or during a boring/frustrating drive when a team who we should of blown out by 40, but instead gives us a three and out TWICE... Well I gave what I could.

Bo needs to stuff it and get ready for aTm, that will have some crowd noise for him...

On the flip side I agree with him, in the end who really cares we wont play Kansas again? I respect a tradition ended, and I like Turner and wish him well, but its a moot point for a team, that for the vast majority of my life (35 years) had as much chance beating the Huskers, as the Kenesaw Blue Devils...

I'd say it's mostly misused. I see it most often as a weapon against "those who don't think like I think" when it comes to Husker fandom.

Second most often is when a Husker fan doesn't act nice as pie around a non-Husker fan.

I wish they'd quit blasting that 'greatest fans' line over the lousy sound system at games - just doesn't feel right, every time I hear it. (It's like somebody bragging about how humble they are).

I'm in the middle of watching the Nebraska Football Show. In the opening segment, Bo said he thought the crowd was soft and quiet and said "felt like a scrimmage". I sure thought section 18 was rocking in our area. Didn't quite have the same feel as Texas and Mizzou, but still some excitment. Other thoughts? Agree with Bo?

I am also in section 18 sir..what row/s

Bo and Carl can shut their damn mouths. I don't give two *^&^ what they think about the fans, how about you shut up and coach instead of worrying about the crowd. Why are you throwing the ball when you could have just sat on it AND THEN YOU CALLED A TIMEOUT, you look like an idiot. Shut up Bo, how about all the idiotic timeouts you use though the game, do the fans question those! You have cost your self tons of chances to seal or win games because you used some timeout on a 3rd and inches. I call you out for not coaching well at home and looking like an out of control gorilla on the sidelines with no composure. Don't schedule a game at 600 in NOVEMBER Bo or Tom or whoever, its freaking cold.

There I showed him! You can all thank me later!

And I hope you next week Bo!

GBR!

In their defense, they don't schedule the game times. That is determined by the television networks that pick the games up.

Actually this game could have been played at any time, pay-per-view is not required for games that are not televised. If a game is not on the package from the conference it does not have to be on TV. Tom wanted the PPV so that's is why it was at 6. Just so you know

Well then what you're indirectly saying is that T.O. doesn't have to have any games on T.V. and can deny every attempt to put us on, even if it's an ABC or ESPN broadcast. Technically, he could do that, but it doesn't make any sense monetarily.

Therefore, we don't control the game times. The networks give us a time. If the interest is there for PPV or if it's a national/regional broadcast we're obviously going to do it.

I think using the weather as a scapegoat is lame. When we played CU, sorry can't remember the year sometime in the mid-90's, it was a night game and it rained. It was the day after Thanksgiving, and it was a miserable SOB. The fans had no problem cheering loud then. Maybe, part of the problem is pay per view. Why drive all the way to the game and pay horrendous amounts of cash for a ticket when you can go to any local bar anywhere in Nebraska and watch it? I haven't actually been to a game since 2003 when we blew out coincidentally Texas A&M. I'd rather watch the game here 300 some miles away from Lincoln in a climate controlled atmosphere than fight the traffic, pay for incredibly over priced tickets and gasoline, and lose half a nights sleep driving home after the game. Plus, it's pretty hard to give up all the replay capabilities I have at my fingertips during a game while watching it at home on my dish.

I think using the weather as a scapegoat is lame. When we played CU, sorry can't remember the year sometime in the mid-90's, it was a night game and it rained. It was the day after Thanksgiving, and it was a miserable SOB. The fans had no problem cheering loud then.

I was there. #4 NU vs #5 CU. I was nine, it was about twenty degrees and pouring down rain that for some reason was not freezing. We didn't score a touchdown on offense but still won 17-12 to clinch the first-ever Big 12 North title. My buddies scalped tickets and wound up having to sit in the CU student section.

I think using the weather as a scapegoat is lame. When we played CU, sorry can't remember the year sometime in the mid-90's, it was a night game and it rained. It was the day after Thanksgiving, and it was a miserable SOB. The fans had no problem cheering loud then.

I was there. #4 NU vs #5 CU. I was nine, it was about twenty degrees and pouring down rain that for some reason was not freezing. We didn't score a touchdown on offense but still won 17-12 to clinch the first-ever Big 12 North title. My buddies scalped tickets and wound up having to sit in the CU student section.

I also was there. That game ruled. I'm very thankful to be a student from 96-01. Saw some awesome games where the place was a party and it would frigging shake with noise. Nothing like the 97 and 99 seasons.