Taylor rumor

On a similar note if there is/was any truth to any of this, why hasn't Bo, Martinez or his Dad come out with denials that he's not leaving and he's a Husker thru-and-thru? Wouldn't you want to squash all of this and move on to more real issues or concerns especially with the CCG and your bowl game approaching? I'm not sure about all of the who-can-speak-when rules, but I'm curious as to why no denial by anyone.?.?

You're presuming that the rumors actually affect the team, or something about this game. Everyone citing this or that rumor is just guessing, and the team knows it. They're 99% focused on Oklahoma, and frankly they don't care about the rumors (because there are always rumors about something) and they don't care what we posit here on the internet. They care about what's going on in the locker room, and they have the full story. Mostly they just roll their eyes at this stuff, chuckle, and wonder who dreams some of it up.

But not all rumors are as big as your star-to-be-or-already-is Quarterback leaving the team. And if a "rumor" is getting this much response on an internet thread, you know it's a topic of conversation behind closed doors at "N". So I can understand not replying to silly rumors or internet threads or "tweets", but this isn't you every day rumor.

By that logic, if I start a rumor that Bo is going to coach UNO next year, it automatically becomes credible because 1) Bo is a prominent member of the coaching staff (making it a "big" rumor), and 2) it'll get a lot of responses (all of which will be, "You're full of crap," but a response is a response). That would, by this logic, necessarily mean that it's "a topic of conversation" behind closed doors" with the team, and therefore it becomes more than your "every day rumor."

People seem to forget that rumors about Nebraska don't ALL originate with Nebraska fans, or Nebraska inside sources, or even in this state. Some of them come from Kansas Fan or Missouri Fan or Texas Fan or whomever, who just wants to see the "Nubs" get all in a snit over their made-up rumor. They get a real kick out of threads like these, and all the hand-wringing by the Husker fans.

Crazy father? Check.

Ability to run fast? Check.

Previous problems following the rules? Check.

Likes to screw girls (and maybe get on a webcam too)? Check.

Sounds like we've got our Cam Newton replacement.

You're about to take this conversation down a road we don't need to go down. Go sober up.

By that logic, if I start a rumor that Bo is going to coach UNO next year, it automatically becomes credible because 1) Bo is a prominent member of the coaching staff (making it a "big" rumor), and 2) it'll get a lot of responses (all of which will be, "You're full of crap," but a response is a response). That would, by this logic, necessarily mean that it's "a topic of conversation" behind closed doors" with the team, and therefore it becomes more than your "every day rumor."

People seem to forget that rumors about Nebraska don't ALL originate with Nebraska fans, or Nebraska inside sources, or even in this state. Some of them come from Kansas Fan or Missouri Fan or Texas Fan or whomever, who just wants to see the "Nubs" get all in a snit over their made-up rumor. They get a real kick out of threads like these, and all the hand-wringing by the Husker fans.

WHAT!? BO'S LEAVING THE HUSKERS TO COACH UNO!?!?!?!?

The most telling thing to me about the vid is that Burkhead is clearly taking snaps there. Ignoring rumors and going purely by logic, I don't think there's any way Taylor is starting this game, and I think it's doubtful he's going to play at all. It would be quite stupid to start him if he's not 110% healed. Everyone wants to beat OU, but not badly enough that they want to foul Martinez' whole career by getting him hurt even worse.

I'm frankly hoping for more of the Burkhead Wildcat Wagon rolling right up in their grill. That is some deliciously old-school sh#t. Rex is going to rock OU like it's 1924. And the Sooners too, with that crazy diamond/T/full house bizness they're running. Gotta love coaches that will dig deep into the archives to overcome lineup weaknesses.

Of course, this is my first post, so perhaps I'm just a Longhorn fan trying to inject chaos into the chaos. :nanalama

Crazy father? Check.

You're about to take this conversation down a road we don't need to go down. Go sober up.

agreed thats one rumor we dont need to be talking about on here..... wowzers!!!

From Bummerbry at Bighuskerfan

1. Not suspended for CU game

2. Phone call to dad took place BEFORE the xray.

3. Magic's dad was pissed because Bo put him back in the game! Magic was cleared by our med staff but his dad wanted his doctors to OK him. WOW!

4. Magic's dad is always in Lincoln. Moved there when Taylor came here so no surprise for him to be on campus at any point and time.

5. Unity Council was given the authority by Bo after A&M game to make whatever decisions necessary with Magic. Obviously at this point and time they have not decided they don't want him on the team.

6. Expect him to start against OU. Currently being labeled as 75% healthy by med staff. Not trying to knock Green but a 75-80% magic is probably better/more of a threat than a 100% Green.

& Solly.

Martinez is NOT considering a transfer. There's already been a meeting of the minds between Bo, Taylor, and Taylor's dad.

"5. Unity Council was given the authority by Bo after A&M game to make whatever decisions necessary with Magic. Obviously at this point and time they have not decided they don't want him on the team."

Sounds kind of like Bo isn't so much the pilot as the Pilate.

(I don't have a problem with letting the team decide... I just wanted to say this)

One of the few posters who has legitimate inside info (as it seems anyway) saying something that I honestly observe as an outsider.

The kid is not a prima donna. He's just really frickin weird. Socially and otherwise. You have to cut that kid some slack. I mean for real.

I think we all remember when Ricky Williams retired from the NFL and played in the CFL because he had social anxiety. Some people are just wired different.

Trust me when I say it's hard cuz I have to deal with it too

I made a post suggesting that maybe he was an introvert or dealing with social anxiety or something, but no one responded to it.

The way he acts on the sidelines at times I'd say is consistent with someone dealing with problems relating to that, and oftentimes that type of behavior is misconstrued as unfriendly, arrogant, etc.

I also have issues with social anxiety, and it is difficult to deal with.

One of the few posters who has legitimate inside info (as it seems anyway) saying something that I honestly observe as an outsider.

The kid is not a prima donna. He's just really frickin weird. Socially and otherwise. You have to cut that kid some slack. I mean for real.

I think we all remember when Ricky Williams retired from the NFL and played in the CFL because he had social anxiety. Some people are just wired different.

Trust me when I say it's hard cuz I have to deal with it too

I made a post suggesting that maybe he was an introvert or dealing with social anxiety or something, but no one responded to it.

The way he acts on the sidelines at times I'd say is consistent with someone dealing with problems relating to that, and oftentimes that type of behavior is misconstrued as unfriendly, arrogant, etc.

I also have issues with social anxiety, and it is difficult to deal with.

It seems as if no one wants to hear about it because "shyness" isn't a disorder in the eyes of other people.

Crazy father? Check.

Settle down Francis.

It was a joke and one primarily aimed at my own qb.

Crazy father? Check.

Settle down Francis.

It was a joke and one primarily aimed at my own qb.

Sorry, but with the wild speculation flying around here about this kid, even that kind of stuff can get taken seriously by people and spread around.