Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

But which is it? is it clear? If the only official word was no comment, all this is misleading.

My guess is that Pelini denied all of it, but in short, gruff Pelini-style, therefore shortening the interview with the now intimidated interviewer who doesn't ask the really straight up questions for fear that Pelini might explode. So instead, the interviewer stops with the "Did you ask for permission to interview for another job?" and gets Bo's answer, "No," which is then spun by other reporters into, "So, maybe he's interviewing without permission! How scandalous and entertaining!"

Has anyone considered the impact this kind of rumor could have on prospective recruits... or even the players?? If there wasn't something to this all... I would expect Bo would come right out and squash the rumor for those reasons alone. I would say instead, he's sitting by his phone waiting for a call himself.

So much for the dream job. Whether he leaves or not, if he did indeed interview for the job... I have lost a certain amount of respect for the man. He's only three years into the program, 'his guys' are just beginning to realize their full potential... and he may possibly be considering bailing??

Boo!

But which is it? is it clear? If the only official word was no comment, all this is misleading.

One paper reports it as Tom said no permission, others report it as the world herald

" Pelini and NU Athletic Director Tom Osborne declined to respond to a published report that the University of Miami has been granted permission to talk to Pelini about its open head coaching job."

So, as you say, which is it? The way I read it all coming down was, initially Osborne hadn't been asked permission so he denied the claims, but since has been asked permission and now won't comment on it.

I've also read elsewhere (from miami) that he has been granted permission.

So, it's left up to the reader. he has, hasn't or no comment.. Whichever you chose to believe. But for anyone not in the know to claim they do know at this point is silly. Any of the 3 can be true.

My Take on the Bo Pelini Miami coaching search:

I think Bo wants to make some changes to this staff mainly Shawn Watson. I dont think Tom wants him to make these changes. I think Bo wants total controll over this football program and staff, something he doesnt have now. I think he is flirting with his old friend form Ou to get his point across that he want to make these changes and be given more controll or he will go somewhere and get that said controll. Its almost like what bob stoops has done in the past to get extensions done for him and his staff IE last year flirt with Notre Dame the NFL and get the things you need for your program. I could be wrong but this is my take.