Mangino as OC?

All that was dug up over 15 years of his life. The press could find similar on Bo if he was fired I'm sure. Personally I think it's awesome he had the little weasles that were causing problems cleaning toilets. Big deal - have you been to a high school sporting event lately? Parents are bitches. The only reason why Mangino got called out is because he's in the public eye. Any other parent and it would have been brushed off. He won't be the HC, he probably won't have kids in high school so we don't have to worry about that.

As for the penalties, KU is always going to be struck w/ pentalties. They pay their entire roster on the basketball team. K-State as well. How as an OC is he going to be responsible for academic fraud? We aren't asking him to take over the program for Bo, we're asking him to come in and implement an offfense that can travel 20 yards into field goal range...something our current OC couldn't do.

Having a personal vendeta against the guy is one thing, I can understand it. I live in KC, and watched him kick the sh!t out of NU a time or two. It's wasn't fun being a Husker fan here while he was coaching the Jayhawks. But you can't deny the fact that he's a genius on the offensive side of the ball. Him and Beck paired up to lead the #2 scoring offense (at KU no less). He only needs about the #20 scoring offense here. And we have better athletes.

Some are just cut out to be assistants. Mangino is one of those. And he's a hell of one at that. I don't think she should be completely cast asside because of what he did at KU. Most of KU people I've run into are so high on themselves that to be successful there you probably couldn't coach and earn respect at the same time. You see many people loving Gill right now?

I can only speak for myself, but I have never read anything that you have written on Huskerboard. It might be brilliant for all I know. I can't get past your Avatar picture. Too much of a distraction. I literally go to the next thread....after lurking a few moments. Maybe if you change it, I can learn more about your opinions.

• Fire 3

All that was dug up over 15 years of his life. The press could find similar on Bo if he was fired I'm sure. Personally I think it's awesome he had the little weasles that were causing problems cleaning toilets. Big deal - have you been to a high school sporting event lately? Parents are bitches. The only reason why Mangino got called out is because he's in the public eye. Any other parent and it would have been brushed off. He won't be the HC, he probably won't have kids in high school so we don't have to worry about that.

As for the penalties, KU is always going to be struck w/ pentalties. They pay their entire roster on the basketball team. K-State as well. How as an OC is he going to be responsible for academic fraud? We aren't asking him to take over the program for Bo, we're asking him to come in and implement an offfense that can travel 20 yards into field goal range...something our current OC couldn't do.

Having a personal vendeta against the guy is one thing, I can understand it. I live in KC, and watched him kick the sh!t out of NU a time or two. It's wasn't fun being a Husker fan here while he was coaching the Jayhawks. But you can't deny the fact that he's a genius on the offensive side of the ball. Him and Beck paired up to lead the #2 scoring offense (at KU no less). He only needs about the #20 scoring offense here. And we have better athletes.

Some are just cut out to be assistants. Mangino is one of those. And he's a hell of one at that. I don't think she should be completely cast asside because of what he did at KU. Most of KU people I've run into are so high on themselves that to be successful there you probably couldn't coach and earn respect at the same time. You see many people loving Gill right now?

I can only speak for myself, but I have never read anything that you have written on Huskerboard. It might be brilliant for all I know. I can't get past your Avatar picture. Too much of a distraction. I literally go to the next thread....after lurking a few moments. Maybe if you change it, I can learn more about your opinions.

I have disabled all Avatars on Husker board due to kchusker_chris. It just doesn't look good browsing the boards at work on break or even at home. The avatar just gives the appearance that you are looking at something OTHER than football.

Bryan Harsin, Boise State OC - Most balanced and unpredictable OC in the nation. To me the best in the nation. I doubt he would move somewhere without Chris Peterson but it would be nice. Look for him to maybe even take a head coaching job somewhere.

Chris Klenakis, Nevada OC - Very balanced and good with running quarterbacks. Balanced at running and throwing the ball. Implements the pistol offense which I like.

Mark Mangino, ex Kansas HC - Took Kansas to the Orange Bowl and won it! Won 3 bowl games which tied the 102 years before him. He has ties with Pelini, but also has anger issues that has gotten him in trouble. We know he can produce QB's and WR's. Also was the OU offensive coordinator when they won the National Title.

Bryan Harsin, Boise State OC - Most balanced and unpredictable OC in the nation. To me the best in the nation. I doubt he would move somewhere without Chris Peterson but it would be nice. Look for him to maybe even take a head coaching job somewhere.

Chris Klenakis, Nevada OC - Very balanced and good with running quarterbacks. Balanced at running and throwing the ball. Implements the pistol offense which I like.

Mark Mangino, ex Kansas HC - Took Kansas to the Orange Bowl and won it! Won 3 bowl games which tied the 102 years before him. He has ties with Pelini, but also has anger issues that has gotten him in trouble. We know he can produce QB's and WR's. Also was the OU offensive coordinator when they won the National Title.

Id love either one of these two!

... but we need to get real....

Id love either one of these two!

... but we need to get real....

I actually think we would have a chance at both Harsin and Klenakis. But I would say a much better chance with Klenakis, which I would be fine with. I think he would be a great hire IF it becomes a possibility.

I have disabled all Avatars on Husker board due to kchusker_chris. It just doesn't look good browsing the boards at work on break or even at home. The avatar just gives the appearance that you are looking at something OTHER than football.

kchusker_chris made me download a firefox plugin to disable his picture. Not that I don't like it, but my mind quickly goes to things besides football. :) I like looking at all the other pictures, so I didn't want to disable all of them. If you use firefox try ad block plus, then just right click the picture you want to disappear and bam! It looks like you're on a football message board again.

Show me where it was said they had problems, they were injured. Now kids who get injured are problem causers? Parents and coaches have a responsibility to uplift and protect the young lives that they are trusted with, guessing you don't have kids. The press always looks for negative stories, if they were there with Bo, they would have been found and ran with after the A&M incident. Bo isn't a saint, but he has his players backs. That isn't the case with Mangino, the only backs he cared about, were his own and a rack of baby back ribs.

I don't know, if a GRADUATE ASSISTANT can get KU in trouble for academic fraud, pretty sure an OC could too. If a d-line coach can single handedly bring a team into question (John Blake), pretty sure an OC could also.

Personal vendetta? Not sure how pointing out historical facts about a coach equals a personal vendetta.

Watson has had 3 years here, in two of those he's finished 17th and 28th (will probably be higher once we play Washington) sounds like close to 20th to me outside of 2009 which is that number that you think the NU OC needs to average.

Yes, KU's offense was 2nd in 2007 in scoring.

But they did that playing an awful schedule

Here's the ranks of scoring D's KU faced in 2007

111th

75th in FCS

116th

115th

86th

112th

78th

49th

114th

79th

93rd

37th

3rd

Avg- 83rd with the FBS schools (I didn't factor in the FCS school)

They averaged 43 PPG that year, but against top 100 defenses they were held to 2 TD's less per game, and the top 50 defenses they faced held them 20 points under their average. They just got a magical schedule that year.

NCAA online stats go back to 2001, here's Mangino's offenses

01- 27th (OU)

02- 96th

03- 36th

04- 76th

05- 83rd

06- 29th

07- 2nd

08- 22nd

09- 42nd

Average- 46th

Watson's

01- 23rd

02- 51st

03- 63rd

04- 81st

05- 78th

07- 28th

08- 18th

09- 75th

10- 28th

Average 49th

So explain to me again why Mangino is a mastermind and Watson is an idiot?

What has Mangino proved as an assistant? He inherited a Mike Leach designed offense in 2000 and got a NC, but that offense got worse as the season went on, his last 4 games that year he averaged 19.75 PPG, very Watson like in "big games" when it counted, he also only led the 2000 offense to 12 against an unranked Oklahoma State team in the Bedlam game.

In 2001 his offense fell to 27th, which while good, was plagued by offenses that couldn't score when the big games came, scoring only 10 points vs NU, 13 against unranked OSU and 10 against Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.

Could you imagine a team with Bo in control of the defense and Mike Leach the OC. Unstopable, devastating, more fun to watch than any team in history.

Would give anything to see him come here.

Barf. I hate Leach's pass happy offense.

Yeah, I especially hated Leach's offense when the only thing standing between it and the endzone was Kevin Cosgrove's defense.

Coached with Bo at OU, so they are already friends so that would be easy.

lrn2factcheck

Bo coached at OU in 2004....while mangino was the head coach at KU, how in the hell did mangino not only be the head coach at ku but also coach in norman?

He's the size of three people, so it's definitely possible.

My bad on saying Bo and Mangino coached together. Misread Tony G's (link at the top) that they both coached at OU with Stoops and I remember him at OU, but wasn't thinking about the Dates they were at OU! Rookie Mistake and Im sorry.