Bo under attack again by the press

Maybe he will finally learn his lesson and show a little respect towards the media. I was listening to the post game press conference when this lady asked the question regarding the sailor calling the play. He was very short and disrespectful with her. When is he going to figure out that the press is simply doing their job, the same way he is doing his. IMO he deserves to be attacked by the media like this. I wish more of the local media would step up and ask the difficult questions and write the difficult stories to keep Bo accountable.

Bo does need to work on his relationship with the media, but that's a two-way street. Some of these people are just dying to find any reason to write a hatchet piece on a guy, whether that guy be a politician, a sports figure, a celebrity, or the neighbor down the street they have a beef with. Don't for a second think that the press is innocent in this little back-and-forth between Bo and them.

There are members of the media with whom Bo gets along great, has a great relationship with and with whom he'll work very nicely. There are those who will always get a short, biting answer to even a good question. It's not ALL Bo's fault. Don't kid yourself.

Nailed it. Reporters are not the innocent ones here either... If this was asked during the press conf after the game then she knew what kind of reaction she would get, and that is what she wanted.

Maybe he will finally learn his lesson and show a little respect towards the media. I was listening to the post game press conference when this lady asked the question regarding the sailor calling the play. He was very short and disrespectful with her. When is he going to figure out that the press is simply doing their job, the same way he is doing his. IMO he deserves to be attacked by the media like this. I wish more of the local media would step up and ask the difficult questions and write the difficult stories to keep Bo accountable.

LOL. He is at Nebraska to win football games. He is not worried about his relations with the media, why would he be? Give me a rude-to-reporters guy who wins, and I'll take him everytime over a nice-to-reporters underachiever (Dabo).

"You dang right, cause he's a winner, he can say what he wants"

--Ricky Bobby.

Bo Pelini is at Nebraska to win football games AND represent the state and University of Nebraska in the right way. That means giving respect to your peers.

Oh and nice movie quote...really relevant to real life.

Props to the kid for not making a big deal out of this, unlike the dumb@$$ reporter.

The whole thing wasn't set up very well anyway. I believe Bo that he would have let the kid call a play, but not DURING the game. This stuff has to get set up before. I remember Charlie Weis let a kid call a play once, and it was just "First play of the game, pass to the right". Anything more than that is just not going to be possible, especially in the middle of the game.

Maybe Ryan should have called all the plays that night, maybe we would have won, lol.

He couldn't have done any worse.

Maybe Karma is real. Maybe we got our butts beat because Bo stiffed this guy. :dunno

You've been watching way too much "My Name is Earl"

Personally, he should have just given the Sailor the field pass and the jersey and left it at that. He put himself out there (joke or not) and is now paying for it. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

You know, I actually agree with that. He should've never made the comment in the first place.

That doesn't excuse Lisa from blowing the issue out of proportion, and giving every idiot Longhorn/Sooner fan in the country an excuse to take more cheap shots at the Huskers.

She never even had to say a word about it to Morgan. He simply assumed that Bo never got an opportunity to ask him. She told him because she knew it'd be good fodder for her article. Yeah Lisa, I'm sure you were really concerned about Morgan and his feelings. So glad to know that you cared.

Not sure how they do it in Ohio, but here at N a mans word actually means something. I bet if Tom O. made that promise, it would have happened. We aren't Missouri, this isn't Texas. Doesn't matter if its a big deal or not. If your word doesn't carry any weight, its worthless.

Personally, he should have just given the Sailor the field pass and the jersey and left it at that. He put himself out there (joke or not) and is now paying for it. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

I love Bo as a coach, but he needs to understand, he is a head coach now. He need to control his temper, stop being snarky with the media and think about what he says. He is a young coach, he is going to make mistakes. I am fine with that as long as he learns from it and moves on (the same as he expects out of his players)

Let us know when you reach the summit of that molehill.

Ill be climbing right along side you Forge. This is just another example of Bo's ineptitude with the media.

Imagine you are sitting in front of your boss. You are explaining to him and the board of directors how you just screwed up a big business deal. You are trying to explain how the deal went bad (finances, logistics, labor costs, etc.)and what you plan on doing to make sure it doesn't happen again. You are concentrating on questions pertaining to a situation in which you failed.

The secretary then interupts your meeting, "excuse me, Mr. Pelini. What color of flowers would you like me to pick up for your anniversary?"

Hey, she's just doing her job!

On another note, if the media would ask "tough" questions, Bo would probably be nicer. How does "what happened to the sailor calling a play?" qualify as a tough question? The press needs to do their job to get respect. A start might be to ask a "football coach" who just coached a "football bowl game" a "football" question.

Not sure how they do it in Ohio, but here at N a mans word actually means something. I bet if Tom O. made that promise, it would have happened. We aren't Missouri, this isn't Texas. Doesn't matter if its a big deal or not. If your word doesn't carry any weight, its worthless.

I love Bo as a coach, but he needs to understand, he is a head coach now. He need to control his temper, stop being snarky with the media and think about what he says. He is a young coach, he is going to make mistakes. I am fine with that as long as he learns from it and moves on (the same as he expects out of his players)

Let us know when you reach the summit of that molehill.

Ill be climbing right along side you Forge. This is just another example of Bo's ineptitude with the media.

Imagine you are sitting in front of your boss. You are explaining to him and the board of directors how you just screwed up a big business deal. You are trying to explain how the deal went bad (finances, logistics, labor costs, etc.)and what you plan on doing to make sure it doesn't happen again. You are concentrating on questions pertaining to a situation in which you failed.

The secretary then interupts your meeting, "excuse me, Mr. Pelini. What color of flowers would you like me to pick up for your anniversary?"

Hey, she's just doing her job!

:laughpound

2891560590_15903c3f05_o.jpg

At least Bo was honest - it was a joke. He just communicated that in ENTIRELY the wrong way. He made the deal to one-up Washington and it was all in good fun. How could the kid even think he'd have a chance to call a play? Did the coaches give him a playbook or was he just planning on going w/ the old 22 dive?

The main thing to take from this is we have one more case where Bo's shortness with the media costs him. Subject matter asside, it's getting repetitious. He could have put an end of this in about 17 words, instead he chose to use 4 and will end up talking about it for a week now.