D Tray Transfer

Heard still hasn't been cleared yet or at least that was the case earlier this week. The only thing that's been said is that he thought he had the score needed to enroll and be eligible. I don't think UNL has him OKed yet. I could be off on this but that was my impression. I think we are looking for a Juco RB.

You can’t blame Robinson for leaving; he probably was never going to play a major role at HB. For some reason they thought this kid was a bruiser and put weight on him and his play suffered because of it. IMO

So next year we will have Burkhead, a couple Frosh and a bunch of guys that should never see the field. Green and Heard better be as good as advertised or we are going to have zero depth at the Running Back position. Which leads me to question Tim Beck’s ability to develop talent but that is for another discussion.

Austin Jones should not be overlooked. We have decent depth back there.

Burkhead

Jones

Green

Heard

Okafor

Ward

By all accounts Ward and Okafor aren't lighting the world on fire, but with Martinez back there as well, we have some guys who can move the football on the ground.

We have decent depth if Heard and Green are as good as advertised. I’m sorry but Austin Jones is nothing more then a 4th string Running Back and Ward/Okafor are roster fillers.

Burkhead

Jones

Green

Heard

Okafor

Ward

By all accounts Ward and Okafor aren't lighting the world on fire, but with Martinez back there as well, we have some guys who can move the football on the ground.

We have decent depth if Heard and Green are as good as advertised. I'm sorry but Austin Jones is nothing more then a 4th string Running Back and Ward/Okafor are roster fillers.

If Jones was worthy of playing time he would have seen the field more in '09. Down to Burkhead and 2 frosh, one whose elegibility still has some questions. Bad news, leaves us really thin at RB.

Burkhead

Jones

Green

Heard

Okafor

Ward

Some accounts have said that Yusef Wade has made significant impressions on the scout team this year, and that if he continues, he will pass Okafor and Ward this spring.

Heard has only a few more days to get cleared for this semester, the NCAA isn't known for their speed in these matters.

I really liked DR.....he was a total husker guy (if i remember he was the one who hung and made all those 0:01 signs this season) however it seems he either couldn't get over the hump and break through or perhaps more likely got lost in the shuffle......

based on all the preseason hype articcles i had really high hopes for him (i guess thats why they call it hype) but atleast he'll be already used to the cold