OT NO MORE COLIN?!?!

1620 dropped espn. as most of you know, schick n nick are now 8-11, then jim rome, then kevin and mike.

i myself like colin a little more than jim. i like rome, but colin i find more amusing.

the question is, who do you like/hate more and why? be honest and give details.

The reason I can't stand Colin Cowpoop is because he dissed the Huskers. He said something to the effect that he just couldn't STAND all those years that the those Huskers were so great and played that power option-it never did prepare those boys for the NFL. Yet, some of the greatest NFL players have been from Nebraska and learned under the author of the power option-TO. So, to not have to listen to his drivel ever again is a blessing. I just turned him off anyway so it really doesn't matter.

I'm sorry but once you crap on our boys I lose all respect. I don't really care about either espn or fox sports-the local shows are the best. Unsportsman Like Conduct is a hoot.

Anyone know the real reason why 1620 and ESPN parted ways? Was it about cost? Interesting.

• Fire 1

On Thursday Colin gave HUGE props to Nebraska fans. He said we travel better than any team in all of football, he mentioned the rose bowl and how we had 94,000 fans and Miami (who supposedly had one of the beat teams ever) only brought 1,800. Colin gets off topic a bit and does have some weird angles, but he'll say pretty much whatever is on his mind, not just toe the ESPN company line. He tries not to be so emotional like most sports fans only think with their heart on their sleeve, he seems to give more reasonable, statistic based analysis towards overreacting fans.

What I don't like about him, is he'll say anything to anybody just to get people riled up and pissed off just to listen and call in. Even if it contradicts something he said just a few days ago. He gets people emtional, then tells fans of sports not to be so emotional.

Rome's a punk. I cant ever forget the time he kept calling Jim Everett "Chris" to piss him off and when Everett finally had enough and stated to go after him Rome dropped to the ground in the fetal position. If you're going to act that arrogant and talk as much s**t as he does as least stand and back your words . Even getting bi**h slapped and not doing anything about it would be better than just dropping straight to the fetal position.

• Fire 1

Rome might possibly be the worst ever right next to the short lived Steven A Smith show.

Dan Patrick and Tony Bruno rule over all.

The Kiley and Booms Show was the greatest of ever.

Agreed. Kiley and Booms was the greatest show ever. After that show ended i moved onto Rome. If Kiley and Booms were ever revived i would go to great lengths to listens.

Never really listened to Rome much. Cowherd can sometimes hit the nail on the head and make a point others are too scared or stupid to make. Other times he is insulting to callers, to listeners, and whoever will listen to his egomaniacal rants. I won't necessarily miss him, but not sure about Rome really.

Both have the same problem. Dragging it over and over and over and over and over and over.

Can not stand Rome at all, Cow is an acquired taste at best. Give me Dan Patrick over all of them, and I actually like the Finebaum network. Good for a great number of laughs for sure.

they both have their problems...but i at least find rome clever every once in awhile, plus i think he's a much better interviewer.

colin is like that friend at the dinner table that wont shut up...everybody realizes he wont so they politely nod while ignoring him and wishing they were somewhere else.

Never cared for CC but would occasionally listen until this fall. I listened to him one day talking about all these teams that you know are good because they just pass the eye test. I was pumped when he talked about how Nebraska just passed the eye test, and Florida and Alabama and others just passed his eye test. He went through about 10-12 teams saying that he could just tell by watching them they would all be the top programs at the end of the year, mark it down. That weekend 3 or 4 of "his" teams lost and looked like sh*t in doing so. A few weeks later he did the same thing with 8-10 new teams that passed the Colin Cowherd eye test, as if he knew what he was talking about and had liked those teams all along. The arrogance with which he spoke and never talking about his previous "eye test" teams that now had 2-3 losses just really did me in. Haven't listened to him since.

Also his BS this summer with the Reds got old, I flipped stations whenever he got on that topic.

listening to Colin is like dragging a cheese grader over your junk

I think you are understating just how bad Colin is. Personally I would rather jump on a bicycle with out a seat than listin to Colin Coward, I think listening to a yoko ono cd would be more enjoyable. Frankly I'm a little surprised that anyone finds Colin even remotly entertaining, Rome is much more entertaining and while talking about sports Rome actually has a clue.

Two things--

One, bully for 1620. Any of the ESPN radio franchises are junk. 103.3 here in Dallas has Grandpa Urine (Randy Galloway) during drive time, and he makes Colin palatable. Glad 1620 realized they were better off without Disney Co.

Two, Jim Rome is a great add--while folks may hate listening to him, he loves Bo Pelini and typically says nothing but good things about Nebraska, especially whenever someone wants to bring up the quality of fanbase for a program or franchise. If anything, Nebraska is a ruler he measures other programs by--that can't be a bad thing, even if you hate the guy...

...right?

Two things--

One, bully for 1620. Any of the ESPN radio franchises are junk. 103.3 here in Dallas has Grandpa Urine (Randy Galloway) during drive time, and he makes Colin palatable. Glad 1620 realized they were better off without Disney Co.

Two, Jim Rome is a great add--while folks may hate listening to him, he loves Bo Pelini and typically says nothing but good things about Nebraska, especially whenever someone wants to bring up the quality of fanbase for a program or franchise. If anything, Nebraska is a ruler he measures other programs by--that can't be a bad thing, even if you hate the guy...

...right?

RIGHT!

i like the lineup as a whole here in omaha much more with the change. schick and nick leading off are a little wacky, but still fresh- after we have Jim Rome now who clearly carries more clout and I rather prefer than the still nasally (no matter how much better he has gotten with this, its still annoying) and completely tangential cowterd, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE Kevin and Mike'l in the afternoon- people in this market are damn lucky to have a talent like Kevin Kugler, who is a big red fan, and should enjoy him every second he is still around. The guy is heading for the top, and not likely in local radio, or even radio period. The guy is magic in the booth, and his bigger and more widespread contracts only prove that. (CWS, Westwood 1 NFL broadcasts, etc.)