Jason Phillips/ Scott Frost?

Vince R.

I saw some article recently that gave numbers on their new Academic center at Oregon. They were comparing 3 regular schools (Mighigan was 1 of them, I think Nebraska was another) and Oregon's. All 3 buildings were somewhere around 40,000 square feet, but Michigan/Nebraska's ran somewhere right around 16-17 million to construct. Oregon's was almost 45 million. It was like 2-3 times as much, yet they building was same size. They have designers come in, use marble/granite instead of ceramic, etc. It's stuff like that - if we spend 15 million to build a weight room - Oregon's similar sized weight room has around 50 million spent on it. Basically the difference between the finish work on a 250k home, and a 3 million dollar home.

So you're saying that those recruits with an eye for interior design will be drawn to Oregon? That's just FABulous!

jacquacenterexteriorjpg-9ea937ee61446325_large.jpg

Nothing says "strength" more than a house built of glass. Kudos, Ducks. :thumbs

I saw some article recently that gave numbers on their new Academic center at Oregon. They were comparing 3 regular schools (Mighigan was 1 of them, I think Nebraska was another) and Oregon's. All 3 buildings were somewhere around 40,000 square feet, but Michigan/Nebraska's ran somewhere right around 16-17 million to construct. Oregon's was almost 45 million. It was like 2-3 times as much, yet they building was same size. They have designers come in, use marble/granite instead of ceramic, etc. It's stuff like that - if we spend 15 million to build a weight room - Oregon's similar sized weight room has around 50 million spent on it. Basically the difference between the finish work on a 250k home, and a 3 million dollar home.

So you're saying that those recruits with an eye for interior design will be drawn to Oregon? That's just FABulous!

jacquacenterexteriorjpg-9ea937ee61446325_large.jpg

How many pre-teen Chinese workers did it take to build that?

Dont Oregon players have XBox 360s in their lockers or something.

IPads still arent as cool as XBox 360s.

With what, a 6 inch TV screen to play it on? That's worthless. I'd rather have an Ipad in my locker and a couple of 360's with some big ol' flat screens in the player's lounge, which we do.

You could easily fit a 19 inch in a locker, especially since Oregon spent 26,000 dollars per locker. As a player which would you rather want, a XBox to play after practice in your own locker or answer emails from coaches about meetings and scouting reports on the IPad.

Not saying I would refer one or the other. But Im not a 17 year old kid anymore either.

The thing that is shocking about Oregon's facilities isn't how nice they are, it's how fast they've caught up to everyone else. That, plus the reason that it's almost entirely funded by one guy, Phil Knight, is the only reason anybody talks about their facilities compared to places like Nebraska, Alabama, Florida, etc.

The arms race with facilities will continue, but there are really a finite number of things you can do that have any real impact on recruiting or on conditioning, and all of the elite level schools are just going to continue copying each other and until they're all about the same. It's not like when the race started, and Nebraska was way out in front of everyone else for about 10-15 years or so.

The thing that is shocking about Oregon's facilities isn't how nice they are, it's how fast they've caught up to everyone else. That, plus the reason that it's almost entirely funded by one guy, Phil Knight, is the only reason anybody talks about their facilities compared to places like Nebraska, Alabama, Florida, etc.

The arms race with facilities will continue, but there are really a finite number of things you can do that have any real impact on recruiting or on conditioning.

Yep.... Phil Knight is the only reason Oregon is where its at. I just read an article from 2004 about they took recruits out for steak dinner and shrimp, drove them around in a limo the whole weekend. They had jerseys and lockers with their names on them already. Basically waited on them like they were all little princes and just feed those kids already big egos. Which is why Oregon is the perfect fit for them.

Each signed recruit cost the school about 15K of a 600K recruiting budget.

With what, a 6 inch TV screen to play it on? That's worthless. I'd rather have an Ipad in my locker and a couple of 360's with some big ol' flat screens in the player's lounge, which we do.

You could easily fit a 19 inch in a locker, especially since Oregon spent 26,000 dollars per locker. As a player which would you rather want, a XBox to play after practice in your own locker or answer emails from coaches about meetings and scouting reports on the IPad.

Not saying I would refer one or the other. But Im not a 17 year old kid anymore either.

Playing xbox in the locker room doesn't exactly sound appealing.

Any player who makes his college decision based on the locker accessories should not be wearing an N on their helmet

• Fire 1

Any player who makes his college decision based on the locker accessories should not be wearing an N on their helmet

I agree, and I doubt many recruits base their decision on locker room accessories. However, you can't deny that it doesn't play a slight role in their decision-making process.

The biggest issue they have is ........... They are Oregon ......... Kinda like lipstick on a pig. The thing money could not buy was USC getting the hammer. I think the ducks will not sustain what they have. FWIW I live in Oregon and I would tend to look for some Kool aid in the program and I still think that they will not have sustained success.