Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We know he's fast but Taylor needs to improve on the intangibles imo. Having Beck as his position coach now could help. He's got the wheels but I want to see how far he's come this upcoming year as a 'quarterback'. Obviously we'll find out.

Freshman! The man in your sig will have crappy intangibles as well if he starts as a freshman.

What's a full season of film going to do for anyone when he's as fast as he is? Missouri had three years of film on Helu and he beat them like a drum. I get your point, but it's a little obvious, isn't it? Doesn't everything hinge on the OC and O Line? That's not really a caveat to what I wrote.

That's the problem, speed is about all he's got. Speed can be quickly and easily negated by a good defense. Maybe Daniel Davie should try out for QB, he's got a few steps on even Martinez. I'm just not going to jump on the "he's so fast it doesn't matter what the defense does" bandwagon. (don't take offense to that knapplc)

What's a full season of film going to do for anyone when he's as fast as he is? Missouri had three years of film on Helu and he beat them like a drum. I get your point, but it's a little obvious, isn't it? Doesn't everything hinge on the OC and O Line? That's not really a caveat to what I wrote.

That's the problem, speed is about all he's got. Speed can be quickly and easily negated by a good defense. Maybe Daniel Davie should try out for QB, he's got a few steps on even Martinez. I'm just not going to jump on the "he's so fast it doesn't matter what the defense does" bandwagon. (don't take offense to that knapplc)

Oh, I see. You don't get our games in Kansas City. You didn't see the fact that Martinez' QB rating was 139 (39th in the country). You didn't see that he was sixth in the Big XII in Passing Efficiency (37th nationally). You must have missed the fact that Martinez was a couple of holding penalties shy of 1,000 yards rushing last year. You didn't see that he made the Freshman All-American squad (First Team). You didn't catch the fact that he finished 69th in the country in Total Offense (7th in conference). Or that he was 56th in the country in Points Responsible For. As a Freshman. Injured for half the season.

I can understand why someone who's not able to follow the team very closely would think "speed is about all he's has got." Those of us who are able to watch every game were able to see that he has a few other skills aside from speed.

Hopefully you have the Big Ten Network down in KC so you can see him play more often. It's a lot of fun watching him run the offense - when he's not injured.

Yeah, that's about all T. Frazier had too. And E. Crouch. Yeah, they really sucked.

Heh...Thank God you're not Beck, Bo or TO.

Oh, I see. You don't get our games in Kansas City. You didn't see the fact that Martinez' QB rating was 139 (39th in the country). You didn't see that he was sixth in the Big XII in Passing Efficiency (37th nationally). You must have missed the fact that Martinez was a couple of holding penalties shy of 1,000 yards rushing last year. You didn't see that he made the Freshman All-American squad (First Team). You didn't catch the fact that he finished 69th in the country in Total Offense (7th in conference). Or that he was 56th in the country in Points Responsible For. As a Freshman. Injured for half the season.

I can understand why someone who's not able to follow the team very closely would think "speed is about all he's has got." Those of us who are able to watch every game were able to see that he has a few other skills aside from speed.

Hopefully you have the Big Ten Network down in KC so you can see him play more often. It's a lot of fun watching him run the offense - when he's not injured.

:facepalm - I give up, Martinez is God himself. About time to pack up my bouncing boobies and find a new board - once knapplc decides to berate your every post you either dedicate yourself to 10,000 words a day or call it good. later

:facepalm - I give up, Martinez is God himself. About time to pack up my bouncing boobies and find a new board - once knapplc decides to berate your every post you either dedicate yourself to 10,000 words a day or call it good. later

Oh, quit whining. I post stats to back up what I say and you get all butthurt. Whatever. :LOLtartar

I have coached many Olympic level athletes, world class motocross racers and I will tell you this, any injury has its drawbacks no matter the athlete. A toe, a ankle, a wrist has an affect on everything they do. Less aggressive when they are injured, more protective, not as quick to react.

I have no idea if Taylor has the skills to make all of us happy or not, but I do not blame him solely for the pathetic end to our season last year. Coaching or lack of had its fair share, and no matter how you say it, it starts at the top.

Possibly with Beck being more responsible for Taylor and the other QB's we will see improvement in what some are calling for, but the nation thinks our QB is pretty special, when healthy. I think we should.

We know he's fast but Taylor needs to improve on the intangibles imo. Having Beck as his position coach now could help. He's got the wheels but I want to see how far he's come this upcoming year as a 'quarterback'. Obviously we'll find out.

Freshman! The man in your sig will have crappy intangibles as well if he starts as a freshman.

OMG, Nostradamus! You're alive! I can't believe this!1!!!

pic0.jpg

pic0.jpg

And yet it still is a fact lost on some people. Wonder why that is. Oh yes, the backup QB is the most popular. How could I forget?

pic0.jpg

And yet it still is a fact lost on some people. Wonder why that is. Oh yes, the backup QB is the most popular. How could I forget?

Because your job apparently is predicting *cough* not remembering things...