Prince Blaaaaazing

As many half-seasons as Kyle has been putting in, I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire soon.

2011 NFL Combine Results: Prince Amukamara Runs Unofficial 4.37 40-Yard Dash

Mar 01

9:34a

by Joel Thorman

We noted that the top two corners in the 2011 NFL draft would be facing off on Tuesday, the final day of the 2011 NFL Combine. LSU's Patrick Peterson is expected to be the top cornerback taken (for now) while Nebraska's Prince Amukamara is expected to be the second cornerback taken.

We're not saying that will change but my ears perked up when I heard Amukamara ran a 4.37 40-yard dash. Clearly, speed isn't a question for him.

So how will Peterson do in the 40-yard dash? According to SB Nation's Mocking The Draft, the 6'0", 219-pound cornerback said over the weekend he plans to beat 4.37 seconds.

Peterson said he feels fluid at that weight. So fluid that last week he said he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.29 seconds. He intends to run in the 4.2-second range during defensive back workouts on Tuesday.

Amukamara said over the weekend that he feels he's the better cornerback of the two. It's a nice rivalry developing between these two, who should be the first two cornerbacks off the board in April.

Sweet!

Has Prince done a vertical yet?

I'm pretty sure I saw he did 38, same as Petersen.

I'm trying to remember, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Prince and Petersen both did 38 vert and Prince did 10'8" broad while Petersen did 10'6"

I think you may have the broad jumps switched around..but I'm not positive.

Nope he's correct. Prince posted a 10'8" Broad jump

When does Peterson run? If he has what was his time?

Peterson ran a 4.32. Fastest at the combine, I think. Really impressive, these 2 guys.

No doubt both are impressive. And... I think both will be great pro players. It may come to pass that they will have similar careers or one might be slightly better than the other. Most would suggest that if there is going to be a difference between the two, and one is slightly better than the other, the better of the two is likely to be Peterson. Fair enough... if a Husker is the second best CB coming out... that is great!

I hope Prince ends up a Lion so that he and Suh are teammates again. The Lions are coming on and it would be fun to have not one, but two Huskers, playing central roles in the Lions march from the dregs of the league onto respectability. Just don't let him go to the Cowboys.... I would hate to have to cheer for them.

And, if Peterson ends up better... so be it. That is one CB. Prince will ride above all the others.

I don't see Prince going to the Lions because they pick 13th and I don't see him still being there when the Lions pick. It looked like earlier in season that he would have a chance to get picked by Lions but they won a few late in year and moved themselves father down the sdraft order.

Eh Idk, Peterson can really lower the boom, which scouts like. Prince isn't to physical, or at least he hasn't had the opportunity to show it

Which is why Peterson will be moved to safety. He is already at 221 pounds, and some team will fall in love with the thought of him roaming around in a two deep zone.

if either one of them does move to safety, Id lay my money on Prince ending up there first.

Eh Idk, Peterson can really lower the boom, which scouts like. Prince isn't to physical, or at least he hasn't had the opportunity to show it

Which is why Peterson will be moved to safety. He is already at 221 pounds, and some team will fall in love with the thought of him roaming around in a two deep zone.

if either one of them does move to safety, Id lay my money on Prince ending up there first.

Watch Jerry "hugh hefner" Jones pick Prince and move him to Safety... Jones is notorious for wasting draft picks or wasting talent. The Cowboys desperately needed DB's and OL last year but they took a WR and a LB with their first 2 picks, these were the areas they were some of the deepest at. The cowboys greatest needs this year are at OL, DB, and DL. However, Jerry Jones has already been talking to Criminal Cameron Newton... IF they get Prince, don't be surprised if they waste him. :facepalm: