Top 10 program to be 'outed' for major recruiting violations

Via Twitter:

@schadjoe "...If Willie Lyles collected $25,000 off my son he needs to be held accountable. The NCAA must find out for me..."

She better watch out what she wishes for, because I'm guessing if this is true that her son probably saw some of that money too!!

Oregon contends the payment to Houston-based Will Lyles was for legitimate recruiting video services through his company, Complete Scouting Services. "This is no different than services purchased by a number of colleges and universities throughout the country," a statement released by the school said. But a longtime provider of recruiting video services -- who counted Oregon as a client before his company was absorbed by video giant XOS Digital -- said the $25,000 payment seems high. "For $25,000, it better provide a hell of a lot," Scouting Evaluation Association founder Dick Lascola told SI.com late Thursday. "That's an exorbitant amount of money to pay for something."

SI Article Posted this morning

I doubt anything happens to Oregon. This is a gray area in the rules whether these "third parties" are affiliated with the university or not. Most likely the NCAA makes new rules to cover these situations, and any school who does or did these activities will only be required to follow the rules moving forward.

I REMEMBER reading something on a Texas board last year saying the reason that they had no interest in Lache was that Mack Brown does not deal with street agents. That was way before this story even broke. So in my opinion, this has some major legs. This bullsh#t needs to be cleaned up.

Frosty, sorry buddy. You shouldn't have given us the cold shoulder for the second time.

I REMEMBER reading something on a Texas board last year saying the reason that they had no interest in Lache was that Mack Brown does not deal with street agents. That was way before this story even broke. So in my opinion, this has some major legs. This bullsh#t needs to be cleaned up.

Frosty, sorry buddy. You shouldn't have given us the cold shoulder for the second time.

Tacoi Sumler, one of Frost's recruits, was named in the rivals article. That doesn't mean Scott had anything to do with this. But he might be close enough to the sh#tstorm to get some stink on him.

We might have to add Auburn into this disucssion....

Radio host says a tape exists that implicates Cam Newton

The host of a Huntsville, Ala., sports talk radio show says he has heard audio tapes from former Mississippi State player John Bond that implicate the dual-threat signal-caller in his father, Cecil’s, pay-for-play scheme that was investigated by the NCAA.

Not sure if it valid at all but I sure get a "if there's smoke, there's fire" feeling.

Eh, just claim that the kid didn't know any of it...and they're good.

And if the accusation of this guy sending recruits to Auburn, Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma St, USC and Texas A&M then those schools need to be punished if Oregon gets punished, they can't just make an example of one to make it look "fair"

I suppose they're cracking down on Oregon because they came to close to ruining tSEC's consecutive MNC victories