The Bubba Starling Thread

Unless he's decided on Nebraska (or will decide before the draft), there's no reason to announce early. Even if he's decided on pro baseball, he ought to use the possibility of college as leverage.

I don't think he necessarily waits until Aug 15. If the team offers him the right amount of money, he might as well grab it then and get started on baseball.

Being a Nebraskan formerly stationed in New York (state) and California...NE is already regarded as backwater. My advice to Derek Starling is be Derek Starling, not "Bubba." That way you'll be a headline, not a punchline.

Says the Washington Huskies fan. Give it a rest, champ.

According to ESPN's new mock draft, they have him going 6th to the Nationals. If he gets drafted here I think he goes the college route. Why would he go to a team that can't spell?

natinals-washington.jpg

Washington would be a great place for Bubba to be. He'd get to be with fellow teenage phenom Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg, Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth. The Nationals have some excellent young talent, by the time Bubba gets to the MLB the Nats could very well be a playoff team. And D.C. is a great city.

According to ESPN's new mock draft, they have him going 6th to the Nationals. If he gets drafted here I think he goes the college route. Why would he go to a team that can't spell?

natinals-washington.jpg

Washington would be a great place for Bubba to be. He'd get to be with fellow teenage phenom Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg, Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth. The Nationals have some excellent young talent, by the time Bubba gets to the MLB the Nats could very well be a playoff team. And D.C. is a great city.

Yeah I think it would be a good fit for him too. I'm a Braves fan, so I like to make fun of the Natinals.

We should get a little bit of clarity tonight in the first round. Bubba is scheduled to have a conference call tonight. It's likely he won't say anything, but it'll be interesting to see where he's drafted.

Most draft projections have him going no lower than #9 to the Cubs. I just don't see the kid turning down top-ten money.

I don't think DC would be a good fit for Bubba. Talking about the city and not the team. DC is a very busy place and IMO Bubba likes the laid back west style.

Also, IMO, as I interpreted it in the article, if he goes as a red shirt and doesn't get playing time, he will be gone.

Starling plans to arrive at Nebraska in July and train with the football team. When preseason camp opens in early August, he expects to participate without restrictions.

natinals-washington.jpg

Yeah I think it would be a good fit for him too. I'm a Braves fan, so I like to make fun of the Natinals.

I am a long time Braves fan as well. Tell you what if Bubba landed in Atlanta he would be in the majors in two years. Don't mind my arrogance but the Atlanta Braves do the best job of developing young talent. To claim that it is another franchise is simply incorrect.

natinals-washington.jpg

I am a long time Braves fan as well. Tell you what if Bubba landed in Atlanta he would be in the majors in two years. Don't mind my arrogance but the Atlanta Braves do the best job of developing young talent. To claim that it is another franchise is simply incorrect.

Hell yeah they do. There was a reason they won 14 consecutive division titles.