The Bubba Starling Thread

I will wish Bubba well with whatever his decision is. If he comes to Nebraska at least he will have a Baseball coach that played football at Nebraska and went on to be a pretty good ball player in Baseball. If he goes baseball more power to him and at least we had a shot at getting him. That alone may have been a factor in T-Mart trying to improve a little harder over the off season.

We will find out soon enough and I will be happy for him either way.

GBR

Bubba is going to make the choice that will make him happy. I don't believe he was using us as a bargaining chip for baseball, he was making his choice on what he thought was best in case the baseball thing didn't come through right away. I am happy the kid did what he had to do and he's making his choice to further his career. He may go baseball, he may play for the Huskers, none of us know. I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does. I'd take the money to play a sport with very little physical contact and make all the money I could playing a sport I love to play. Any of us would make that same choice given the chance. What could be better, working 6 months out of the year and making a boatload of cash while doing something you actually enjoy. Those of you calling him out for running this out for so long have no clue, it's not really in his hands right now, his agent will posture and if Bubba likes what he see's then he accepts the offer, if not, he goes to NU and gets a degree.

It is sadly pathetic all the Bubba bashing and whining that has gone on in this thread. :facepalm:

Who is bashing him?

There are a few here and there bashing him because he has a choice. They want Bubba to choose NU and get practicing rather than holding out to see if he goes for the MLB contract. I support the kids actions 100%.

I went back over the last three pages thinking maybe I'd missed something. There were two posts that were "negative" about Starling back on page 17 (from a week ago). The rest were supportive of him, or talking about the decision. I really don't see "all the Bubba bashing and whining" that people post about here every other day.

Maybe BIGREDFAN_in_OMAHA has his crystal ball out and is preemptively discussing the negativity that'll flow from some when Bubba signs with the Royals. :dunno

• Fire 2

I went back over the last three pages thinking maybe I'd missed something. There were two posts that were "negative" about Starling back on page 17 (from a week ago). The rest were supportive of him, or talking about the decision. I really don't see "all the Bubba bashing and whining" that people post about here every other day.

Maybe BIGREDFAN_in_OMAHA has his crystal ball out and is preemptively discussing the negativity that'll flow from some when Bubba signs with the Royals. :dunno

I think he was talking about this...

Tomorrow is my birthday, and Bubba is going to give me the most wonderful birthday present a Husker fan could ask for: closure to this distraction

One way or another, it is done. Frankly, I think the guy would cause more problems than he'd solve if he were to sign with us. Carnes is going to be a good backup and is going to push Martinez as it is. Adding Bubba to the mix would probably just mess with the chemistry that the team has been building this year. Nebraska doesn't need a QB that always has his future professional career in the back of his mind when making a decision to run or pass (or even get that extra yard). I'd rather stick with the guys that we have, tyvm.

And how do you have 17 pages - I only see 15.

And how do you have 17 pages - I only see 15.

I'm sure we have different settings on number of posts per page. I think mine is set at 40 or something, and I show 19 pages in this thread. I should bump that up to max...

Edit - just checked, and I have it set to the max, which is 40. Maybe you're using a different skin than I am, which allows more posts per page?