Turn Wisconsin's stadium what color???

How about we just make a hell of a lot of noise? We can't do anything about the fact that Barry Alvarez tried to turn Wiscy into the Big Red of the Big Ten, but now that the real Big Red is on the scene, we'll just have to be louder than their fans in their own house.

Kinda like we did every other year in Manhattan, Lawrence, Ames, Boulder, etc. We dominated those stadiums for years.

The problem is you mentioned the bottom dwellers in terms of football and their interest for your examples. Wisconsin doesn't fit that category. Now had you done that at Austin, then you'd have something.

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/ncf/s/2000/0909/732611.html

I said someone good.

As far as selling out their stadium goes, Notre Dame is leagues above Wisconsin.

• Fire 1

I sent a link to all my Facebook friends. So when those two people tell two other people and then they each tell two people we'll have like 100 people already...

You only have 2 Facebook friends? :P

I can't believe it took 30 posts for someone to smash that one!

How about we just make a hell of a lot of noise? We can't do anything about the fact that Barry Alvarez tried to turn Wiscy into the Big Red of the Big Ten, but now that the real Big Red is on the scene, we'll just have to be louder than their fans in their own house.

Kinda like we did every other year in Manhattan, Lawrence, Ames, Boulder, etc. We dominated those stadiums for years.

The problem is you mentioned the bottom dwellers in terms of football and their interest for your examples. Wisconsin doesn't fit that category. Now had you done that at Austin, then you'd have something.

I said someone good.

As far as selling out their stadium goes, Notre Dame is leagues above Wisconsin.

Agreed. Whether the team is "good" or not is irrelevant. The question is the strength of the fanbase. And the two don't have to go hand in hand. For example, you will notice that we continued our sellout streak during the Callahan years where losing seasons were commonplace.

Invading Notre Dame's stadium is about as impressive as it gets, IMO.

It happened once, but I doubt it ever happens again. Too much pride. And the opposition becomes organized to keep it from happening. Penn State limited us to small number in their stadium, I think it was less than 8000 that actually got into the game. Their slogan was something to do with Visine, Keep the Red out.

The Big Ten is far more about traditions and rivalries than the Big 12 is, at least that is what I think. If the game is close at Wisconsin, my guess is we will hardly be heard. My guess is we will have less than 7500 in the stands when it starts. Hope I am wrong, but the cost of the tickets this early indicates they want to see the game and no how bad we want tickets. They have been a pretty loyal fan base, I think they have 75% of the Rose Bowl attendance., comparative to us and Miami. They are the new kids on the block and all their fans will want to see them knock off the new bully in town. Going to be a great game to go to. I just hope a lot of us get to.

To our Big ten friends, am I off on this? I have heard that Madison is the top game atmosphere in the Big Ten, even better than Ohio State. Of course that came from a Wisconsin fan!!!!

I said someone good.

Agreed. Whether the team is "good" or not is irrelevant. The question is the strength of the fanbase. And the two don't have to go hand in hand. For example, you will notice that we continued our sellout streak during the Callahan years where losing seasons were commonplace.

Notre Dame's Stadium holds 80,795

The largest stadium in the US, Michigan Stadium holds 109,901

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E5gPKBD_tM

Don't tell me quality of the team that given year doesn't matter, otherwise nothing is more impressive than that video.

It happened once, but I doubt it ever happens again. Too much pride. And the opposition becomes organized to keep it from happening. Penn State limited us to small number in their stadium, I think it was less than 8000 that actually got into the game. Their slogan was something to do with Visine, Keep the Red out.

The Big Ten is far more about traditions and rivalries than the Big 12 is, at least that is what I think. If the game is close at Wisconsin, my guess is we will hardly be heard. My guess is we will have less than 7500 in the stands when it starts. Hope I am wrong, but the cost of the tickets this early indicates they want to see the game and no how bad we want tickets. They have been a pretty loyal fan base, I think they have 75% of the Rose Bowl attendance., comparative to us and Miami. They are the new kids on the block and all their fans will want to see them knock off the new bully in town. Going to be a great game to go to. I just hope a lot of us get to.

To our Big ten friends, am I off on this? I have heard that Madison is the top game atmosphere in the Big Ten, even better than Ohio State. Of course that came from a Wisconsin fan!!!!

Nah you are not wrong. Your first game in the B10, first B10 conf game, at night, going up against a team that came off an ok season and fully expects to repeat, add in all the exposure they are getting this year. You add it up. Since B10 did not play many night games, they tend to be very well attended. 3,000 tickets is all they have to give you, so if another 3,000 get in thru other means, you will have 6 to lets say 10,000 people there. That only puts you at a 7 to 1 ratio, in their favor. I know if you were playing in Iowa at nite, you would never get more than the allotted 3,000.

http://thegazette.com/2010/10/04/a-terrific-photo-of-kinnick-stadium-from-the-penn-state-iowa-game-can-be-yours/

I would say let's have a corn out... Wear yellow, but don't they have Wear the yellow cheese heads like the packers?

No. I don't think the Badger fans wear cheese heads.

Nah you are not wrong. Your first game in the B10, first B10 conf game, at night, going up against a team that came off an ok season and fully expects to repeat, add in all the exposure they are getting this year. You add it up. Since B10 did not play many night games, they tend to be very well attended. 3,000 tickets is all they have to give you, so if another 3,000 get in thru other means, you will have 6 to lets say 10,000 people there. That only puts you at a 7 to 1 ratio, in their favor. I know if you were playing in Iowa at nite, you would never get more than the allotted 3,000.

http://thegazette.com/2010/10/04/a-terrific-photo-of-kinnick-stadium-from-the-penn-state-iowa-game-can-be-yours/

That picture is pretty awesome...even if it is from Iowa.

And to add my 2 cents: Wearing black would probably make us the most noticeable. Wisconsin is crazy from what I've heard and I'm sure they'll all be wearing red. But if we start to blow them out, then our numbers will be heard.

I said someone good.

Don't tell me quality of the team that given year doesn't matter, otherwise nothing is more impressive than that video.

Not sure what you're arguing. I never claimed that Nebraska was the only team, or even the best team, at taking over other schools' stadiums. Hell yes that video is impressive. But why does that detract from what Nebraska did at Notre Dame?

I was responding to your insinuation that we had not done anything impressive in that regard. Dominating Notre Dame's stadium suggests otherwise; their fan base is rabid regardless of how the team is doing.

Also, your comment about the quality of the opponent who's stadium is being dominated cuts both ways. Are we really surprised that Ohio State fans would turn up in droves at Michigan, their arch rival? Is that really THAT much to ask? What is surprising is tens of thousands of Nebraska fans making the trek to see their guys take on a relatively mediocre team with whom they have no rivalry.

Any fanbase can get up for a game against their archrival; it takes a special fanbase to get up for a game against a nobody.

Not sure what you're arguing. I never claimed that Nebraska was the only team, or even the best team, at taking over other schools' stadiums. Hell yes that video is impressive. But why does that detract from what Nebraska did at Notre Dame?

I was responding to your insinuation that we had not done anything impressive in that regard. Dominating Notre Dame's stadium suggests otherwise; their fan base is rabid regardless of how the team is doing.

Also, your comment about the quality of the opponent who's stadium is being dominated cuts both ways. Are we really surprised that Ohio State fans would turn up in droves at Michigan, their arch rival? Is that really THAT much to ask? What is surprising is tens of thousands of Nebraska fans making the trek to see their guys take on a relatively mediocre team with whom they have no rivalry.

Any fanbase can get up for a game against their archrival; it takes a special fanbase to get up for a game against a nobody.

Notre Dame fans may be die hard fans, but they are not loud. I've personally, and I may be incorrect, have never heard of people being intimidated playing at South Bend. Regarding getting up for mediocre teams?

I said someone good.

He's arguing that you said that our invasion of South Bend was about as impressive as it gets, while his video is clearly more impressive.

It was impressive but more so if you took over a Penn St or Columbus. The ND fanbase is spread nationwide and not drawn NW Indiana. Columbus has an entire state full of people who never attended clamoring for tickets.

Also I don't think the ushers in other schools are banning their own fans for the crime of taunting the other team.

I said someone good.

He's arguing that you said that our invasion of South Bend was about as impressive as it gets, while his video is clearly more impressive.

Show me where I said that. You can't because I didn't. Go back and read the exchange. Coqui was basically saying, "Taking over Lawrence, Manhattan, or Ames is not very impressive. Talk to me when you guys take over a place like Austin," to which I responded with evidence of our take over of South Bend, which is far more impressive than Lawrence, Manhattan, or Ames, and is more akin to (but not exactly like) taking over Darrell K. Royal Stadium.

Show me where I said that. You can't because I didn't.

There you go.