SIGNED LB Jared Afalava

This kid would have had offers from everyone in the nation had his grades been there the whole time. Great that we got him here, lets let him play some special teams.

Absolutely...athletic ability was never in doubt when it came to Afalava. What a huge break for us. This kid could play an integral role for us over the next four/five years. (You see a redshirt in this kid's future EZ/Paul/Speed/any other recruitnik?)

This kid would have had offers from everyone in the nation had his grades been there the whole time. Great that we got him here, lets let him play some special teams.

Absolutely...athletic ability was never in doubt when it came to Afalava. What a huge break for us. This kid could play an integral role for us over the next four/five years. (You see a redshirt in this kid's future EZ/Paul/Speed/any other recruitnik?)

Said when he committed that he could redshirt, but probably wouldn't. As EZ said Jared very very easily would be an Eric Martin type spark plug on Special Teams. Also if he can pick up the defense somewhat soundly he WOULD play. His play recognition and explosion through the ball carries and blockers was the best IMO of all the LB recruits last year. Including Zaire

Said when he committed that he could redshirt, but probably wouldn't. As EZ said Jared very very easily would be an Eric Martin type spark plug on Special Teams. Also if he can pick up the defense somewhat soundly he WOULD play. His play recognition and explosion through the ball carries and blockers was the best IMO of all the LB recruits last year. Including Zaire

I agree. Stupidly underrated player.

I agree. Stupidly underrated player.

As was Eric Martin. Pete Carroll at one of the California Shrine Bowl games saw Eric and told Carl he was the best player on the field.

Goes to show you that grades do matter. Both were in the same boat.

This kids film reminds me alot of Rey Maualuga, he will rip your head off if he gets the chance. He seems to be a bit more on the leaner side, but thats something Dobson can take care of. I think a perfect playing weight for him would be around 230-240 since he's 6'3"

Just watched his film again, and guys..... I can't stress or emphasize this enough, this kid could have played at any school in the nation had his grades been in tact the full year. Had he been a 3.0 student he would have had every d1 school calling him.

• 2 months later...