Cody Green to transfer?

You're right. . I'm not in the locker room but I've talked to the coaches who are and on more than one occasion the concern has been brought up in conversations as well as those with Tom. They are pretty frank people when you're face to face with them at events and have relationships with them. I think anyone who's actually spent time with them or heard them talk about the status of the team would agree. I think the last place they were at that was pretty publicly addressed was in Texas at a booster dinner. On more than one occasion the coaches (multiple coaches) expressed their confidence in TMart, the confidence the team had in him and the things he was doing. They said (paraphrasing) that there is a huge misconception about TMart among the fans and media it needs to stop. The fans need to back off.

I've had enough contact with people that yeah. . I can get a sense of what they are feeling. I don't speak for them, I'm sure not all of them feel that way, but I know there is a core (important core calling the shots and leading the team) that do.

Now. . you're welcome to believe me or feel free to think I'm making sh#t up. I don't care either way. I have more to risk by publicly discussing things I know about the program than I could ever gain from some internet message board popularity contest.

da skers, while I don't take anyone's word as gospel, I do put a lot of stock in what you have (and some others as well) to say. As I said, I don't doubt what you've said at all. But the general consensus here has been to view any "inside" information with the utmost distrust, using similar language as I mocking posted above...unless it's positive. There's nothing wrong with hoping for the best, but it appears to be a double standard to me.

Appreciate what you have to share.

The difference is, da skers at leash fleshes his out, and provides a compelling argument for his posts. It's much different than:

"Taylor is a jackass and a poor leader."

"Based on what?"

"He pouts on the sidelines when he's not in the game."

"Really? Because I've never seen that."

"I saw it on TV."

"Hmm, I just watched the whole season, and didn't see it at all. Care to point out an example?"

*Starts new thread*

"Taylor is a jackass and a poor leader...."

This is what has been happening for 4 months. So far, we have one side throwing all this stuff out there, without a shred of evidence. When asked to provide something to back their claims, the request is ignored. At least Da Skers converses back without accuse his detractors of being Martinez lovers.

and you would be fired from Hunter's company. Perception is huge in the hiring/promotion process. Is it the end all be all, no but its a bigger factor than you think. They look at your body language, how you carry yourself, how you speak. Do you have a firm handshake, make eye contact, dress nice for the interview. You could have the most outstanding resume and work history out there. But if your not Socialable, dress like a slob and lack confidence, you definately wouldnt be hired.

Oh, come on. We're talking about something ten spots down on the list of reasons a person wouldn't be hired. REAL candidates all walk in wearing interview-appropriate clothing, are groomed, smell clean, etc. These things are important, sure, but they're not the MOST important thing. Visual perception is among the least important things when hiring the most qualified candidate, and someone who hires based on looks foremost is going to get fired from Hunter's company so fast their head will spin. Hunter doesn't do that himself. He wouldn't have a job if he made his conclusions based on looks.

Oh come on you didnt even read the whole post. Did I say a person would solely get hired based on looks???? No I didnt. I never said one outweighed the other, but to say that hiring someone based on a resume alone is crap. Just like saying hiring someone based "only" how they look is crap also. Its the whole package knap, you know that. A killer first impression doesnt hurt either.

We can take this tangent out to the nth degree and nail down exactly what a hiring process entails, but that won't help us in this discussion. The reality is, whether we're talking about hiring or gauging the character of a quarterback we've never met, basing your decision solely on visual cues is foolish. Are you really arguing that it isn't?

Im basically saying that judging somebody solely by a piece of paper is "foolish."

What it comes down to is Cody Green deciding that if he didn't get the starting job, he wasn't sticking around. What he's probably going to find out is that he's not going to start for any Top 25 caliber team. If you're a team looking for a star QB, what is there on any his NU film to give you the impression that that's Cody Green?

Im basically saying that judging somebody solely by a piece of paper is "foolish."

There isn't a person in this thread who's arguing for that. What we're saying is, you cannot gauge a person's character by what you see on TV.

To continue the tangent, there isn't a successful business who hires someone solely based on a piece of paper. Or based on their appearance. Everyone agrees with this. It's a ridiculous tangent. The fact that Hunter works for a Fortune 500 company does not in any way mean that you can accurately make character assessments on Taylor Martinez based on what you see on TV.

I'm bringing this thread back to it's roots, fellas. If we're going to continue to discuss what constitutes as good interviewing techniques and why judging people on perception is foolish, we should start another thread.

That said...

What it comes down to is Cody Green deciding that if he didn't get the starting job, he wasn't sticking around. What he's probably going to find out is that he's not going to start for any Top 25 caliber team. If you're a team looking for a star QB, what is there on any his NU film to give you the impression that that's Cody Green?

In a nut shell, yes, that is what Cody is doing. But honestly the kid is no fool. In the last two years here he hasn't progressed the way we would have liked him to. He doesn't throw a clean ball half the time (in reference to accuracy), he's never looked overly comfortable in the pocket and he does not fit the athletic mold the coaches want for the current offense. Green was brought here as a dual threat but I have to agree with Lane Grindle - he really isn't a dual threat guy anymore. Sure he's got some speed, but he definitely does not have what Martinez or Carnes has with their feet. How many times have we seen Green run an option or tuck it and run only to pick up a couple of yards or get nailed in the backfield? The first called option Green had in the spring game was a TFL by Eric Martin. I think Green saw that what's going on at Nebraska offensively isn't something he will become the starter in.

As far as places he is going to go, I doubt he goes to a top 25 school. I've seen a couple of different places that Boise State has contemplated him to some capacity, whether they've actually expressed interest I don't know. He'll probably go to a division two school or head to a lower tier BCS school in need of a quarterback. Again, if Green is at a top 25 school I will be very, very surprised. The chances are extremely slim.

I don't think this is just him leaving because he wasn't going to be the starter. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on his way to becoming a 3rd stringer and never seeing the field. The OC/QB coach who recruited him is now gone, and there's a different system in place. I don't think we should be too shocked or surprised that a player decides his career will be better off elsewhere at this point in time. You have 4 years to play in college and then you're done. Honestly, who gives a sh#t if he's going somewhere else.

I'm sure he can have success elsewhere, but I also doubt it'll be at a top 25 school. I'm sure as long as he gets a better shot at playing and succeeding, he won't mind too much.

and you would be fired from Hunter's company. Perception is huge in the hiring/promotion process. Is it the end all be all, no but its a bigger factor than you think. They look at your body language, how you carry yourself, how you speak. Do you have a firm handshake, make eye contact, dress nice for the interview. You could have the most outstanding resume and work history out there. But if your not Socialable, dress like a slob and lack confidence, you definately wouldnt be hired.

Oh, come on. We're talking about something ten spots down on the list of reasons a person wouldn't be hired. REAL candidates all walk in wearing interview-appropriate clothing, are groomed, smell clean, etc. These things are important, sure, but they're not the MOST important thing. Visual perception is among the least important things when hiring the most qualified candidate, and someone who hires based on looks foremost is going to get fired from Hunter's company so fast their head will spin. Hunter doesn't do that himself. He wouldn't have a job if he made his conclusions based on looks.

Oh come on you didnt even read the whole post. Did I say a person would solely get hired based on looks???? No I didnt. I never said one outweighed the other, but to say that hiring someone based on a resume alone is crap. Just like saying hiring someone based "only" how they look is crap also. Its the whole package knap, you know that. A killer first impression doesnt hurt either.

We can take this tangent out to the nth degree and nail down exactly what a hiring process entails, but that won't help us in this discussion. The reality is, whether we're talking about hiring or gauging the character of a quarterback we've never met, basing your decision solely on visual cues is foolish. Are you really arguing that it isn't?

:facepalm:

Go sit in the corner.

I'm sure he can have success elsewhere, but I also doubt it'll be at a top 25 school. I'm sure as long as he gets a better shot at playing and succeeding, he won't mind too much.

Agreed. At this point I think he just wants to play, and he probably knows this means it may not be anywhere the caliber of Nebraska or better.

if green goes to boise state, i doubt he would start this year with a good qb starting there now,,,green might get one yr there as a starter..

I'm pretty sure he would redshirt his first year at any D1 program.

Agreed.

I think the Division 2 route is more likely in this case.