20 Best College Football HC Jobs

15. Nebraska

The Cornhuskers don't have a natural recruiting base, but they do have money, great facilities and cachet. Nebraska football still means something. The Cornhuskers should have just as much success getting players from California, Texas and Florida to come play in the Big Ten as they did getting them to play in the Big 12. Coach Bo Pelini is smart enough to know that the Cornhuskers can play at a high level provided they don't try to run a pro-style offense. There are plenty of versatile athletes who don't quite fit the mold that the powers in their states seek, and Pelini and his staff can convince those players to come to Nebraska and be rock stars in a state that lives and breathes Big Red football.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/06/03/best-college-football-jobs/1.html

1. Texas

2. Ohio State

3. Oklahoma

4. Florida

5. Georgia

6. LSU

7. Alabama

8. Penn State

9. Auburn

10. Oregon

11. USC

12. Michigan

13. Notre Dame

14. Florida State

15. Nebraska

16. Tennessee

17. Virginia Tech

18. Arizona State

19. Arizona

20. Oklahoma State

I think florida and bama should be a lot higher. Obviously Muschamp thought enough of the Gators to leave his succession to Mack. Florida has just as good of athletes as Texas and the Gators have the benefit of being in the $EC.

Meanwhile, Alabama is one of the most historic teams in the country, they are currently one of the top teams in the $EC and the have top facilities.

Also, if U$C didn't have the sanctions, I think they would be in the top 2 of this list.

I dont agree that Oregon, FSU and even Auburn should be ahead of us.

But, what do I know...

Financial backing(Oregon), recruiting base and recent tradition(FSU), all of the previously mentioned with past tradition as well(Auburn). So I guess what I am getting at is this list is pretty accurate IMO.

This list is absurd. Just because a program has been good lately doesn't mean it is a good job. He is also putting way too much stock into recruiting areas. Notre Dame pulls in 5 stars every year, and they're in Indiana, not necessarily a recruiting hot bed.

Georgia, FSU, Auburn, and Oregon should not be ahead of us.

I do agree that Texas and OSU are the 2 best jobs though. Money, recruiting area, history, fans, facilities, are all the best there.

This list is absurd. Just because a program has been good lately doesn't mean it is a good job. He is also putting way too much stock into recruiting areas. Notre Dame pulls in 5 stars every year, and they're in Indiana, not necessarily a recruiting hot bed.

Georgia, FSU, Auburn, and Oregon should not be ahead of us.

I do agree that Texas and OSU are the 2 best jobs though. Money, recruiting area, history, fans, facilities, are all the best there.

FSU you could maybe make an argument for considering the 80s and 90s era they were a powerhouse and its in the middle of a recruiting hotbed.

I agree though with the rest, especially Auburn. Winning a national championship doesn't change the fact that as a coach you are working for a program who's big booster has more power, has been in the middle of 2 pay for play scandals already by proxy, and pushed out its last two winning coaches that didn't want to go along with it and bought their silence. There's a reason why Gene Chizik is there, and it sure as hell wasn't because he was one of the top 20 sought after coaches in the game or a hot commodity after his stint at ISU.

Oregon is way too high. They got a little excited after a few successful seasons.

Not in my opinion, all the money they get from Mr. Nike is waaaaaay more valuable then a little tradition here and there from 30 years ago. Kids don't give two craps about what happened in the 70's 80's and 90's they just want things from here and now. Oregon's fan base is substantial enough to uphold any "passionate fan" questions. Oregon IS the here and now. They are the trend setters in terms of anything superficial. I think the only thing that holds them back is playing in the Pac10/12.

Its open season, blast away. :):box