"Time for a Truce on Texas" Lee Barfnecht

Why do we even care enough about Texas to write an article like that? They're getting smaller and smaller in the rear-view mirror. We've crossed that bridge and we aren't going back.

I agree with Barfnectht for the reason you stated Knapp. Texas is getting further and further in the rear-view mirror. Texas and Nebraska should not care what the other program is doing/saying because they are irrelevant to each other. This also goes for Dan Beebe and the Big 12.

I think what Lee is trying to say to a small group of ignorant people is "please don't act like a jackass at the CWS because you feel slighted by a team/conference that doesn't matter to us anymore."

I've been to the CWS several times. Knowing the atmosphere I don't think people honestly give a rats ass who is there playing. Its more about the tailgating, talking to people from around the country who enjoy ball and if you remember to stop drinking long enough. . .going into the stadium to watch a game. I think the crowds are respectful to who ever is playing and of course Omaha always chooses a team to root for through the series which is cool. I don't think people would go out of their way to disrespect any team there or boo or be intentionally rude to any participant even one that we've competed against spiritedly (who I've never considered a rival ever). I think its more a reflection on the type of individual that Barfy is that he automatically assumes this type of thing would happen. I guess he has no class.

I've been to the CWS several times. Knowing the atmosphere I don't think people honestly give a rats ass who is there playing. Its more about the tailgating, talking to people from around the country who enjoy ball and if you remember to stop drinking long enough. . .going into the stadium to watch a game. I think the crowds are respectful to who ever is playing and of course Omaha always chooses a team to root for through the series which is cool. I don't think people would go out of their way to disrespect any team there or boo or be intentionally rude to any participant even one that we've competed against spiritedly (who I've never considered a rival ever). I think its more a reflection on the type of individual that Barfy is that he automatically assumes this type of thing would happen. I guess he has no class.

Exactly. The Nebraskans he's writing that article to are the same Nebraskans who applauded Texas off the field last October after breaking our hearts once again.

It's a pretty common thing for the Weird Herald writers to characterize Nebraska fans in a bad light, while their hometown Creighton fans can do no wrong. Not sure why they have this "us vs. them" attitude, but it comes out in their writing a lot.

Do you sit in the ga section? Ive been the past 2 years and seen some crazy sh#t talking. Between fans of many different teams.

Do you sit in the ga section? Ive been the past 2 years and seen some crazy sh#t talking. Between fans of many different teams.

What Barf is specifically talking about is Nebraskans treating the Longhorns with class. Overall we'll be fine. Yes there will be some idiots, but for the most part there will be no problem.

Exactly. The Nebraskans he's writing that article to are the same Nebraskans who applauded Texas off the field last October after breaking our hearts once again.

It's a pretty common thing for the Weird Herald writers to characterize Nebraska fans in a bad light, while their hometown Creighton fans can do no wrong. Not sure why they have this "us vs. them" attitude, but it comes out in their writing a lot.

Um... Didn't Texas get booed last night when they were introduced? ...Must have been those damned Florida fans.