More revisionist derp from Barry Tramel on Nebraska leaving the Big XII

Linky link link.

Of note:

Not to pick at scabs, but the Big 12 has been all lovey-dovey since Nebraska left. I know the Cornhuskers tried to paint Texas as the troublemaker in the Big 12 firestorm, and it's always fun to throw stones at the Longhorns.

So it's not a stretch to imagine a stress-free meeting room when Big 12 athletic directors meet. Did you ever lose a cantankerous co-worker? Makes going to work a whole lot more enjoyable.

For years, some Big 12 leaders — Oklahoma State's Mike Holder, Beebe himself — fought for equitable revenue sharing. Holder's mantra was echoed by Baylor's McCaw: “I feel that you're only as strong as your weakest link.”

Sure, it all means more money for Texas. But it means more money for everyone, and the Longhorns always are going to grow money on trees, so why get upset about it? That school that left the Big 12 did get upset about it. The schools that remain did not. And now everyone in the league smiles on their brother.

This is why Barfy of the OWH can go f**k himself about stopping the hate parade on Texas, et al--frankly, if we do stop, then Dodd's minions of Beebe, Tramel, et al will deluge us with so much revisionist derp that people are going to take their account of events as gospel. And since we're a hair's breadth away from living in an idiocracy, any misinformation repeated enough times will be taken as gospel by the lay man--in this case, that Nebraska was a curmudgeon that wanted the other ten whipper-snappers off it's lawn.

Nebraska isn't Texas--Nebraska simply can't buy their way out of bad press (a la their ESPN deal). And since Nebraska did everything for the right reasons, no one within the confines of the state that is a sports journalist should take a powder on this.

Just remember that Brawndo's got electrolytes, and this message is brought to you by Carl's Jr.

What Tramel fails to bring up is this. Texas, OU and to lesser degrees A&M and OSU benefit from the new setup, so they have no reason to complain. And the rest of the conference, ISU, KU, KSU,BU and so onare just happy to still have a BCS league to be a member of, if the Big XII had dissolved they would be looking at the MAC or CUSA, so the 'beggars can't be choosers' line applies. They will take any abuse to keep from dropping down to the bottom of D-1 conferences.

• Fire 2
Sure, it all means more money for Texas ... so why get upset about it? That school that left the Big 12 did get upset about it. The schools that remain did not.

THIS is revisionist history bullsh#t. At the time NU announced we were leaving for the B1G at least half of other B12 schools were courting other conferences to bail out to. The difference is NU had the cajones to follow through and upgrade to a better conference. The others didn't. I should point out that the 10 remaining Big 12 schools fall into two categories. The ones who got a sweetheart deal to stay. And the remainder who couldn't manage to land a spot in another conference. In other words, the haves. And the have-nots.

There are going to be dozens of these articles written over the next year or two. Every sports writer, radio show guy and TV sportscaster in the Big XII footprint will have their own take on how much better off the conference is without Nebraska. They likely won't mention Colorado, nor will they mention the catalyst for the events of the past year (Texas' near departure with five of their Chosen Ones).

Of course everyone is everyone's friend right now. What choice do they have? Like strigori said, the have-nots left in the Big XII are staring down the barrel of irrelevance if Texas decides to be done with them. It is in their best interest to kiss Texas' ass as much as possible. Without Texas, at this point, they're screwed.

If you guys want to keep linking to these stories, fine, but all we're doing is giving them clicks for talking sh#t about us. Most likely we're going to start merging all of these stories into one great big thread of Derp as the season starts. It gets pretty repetitive after a while.

There are going to be dozens of these articles written over the next year or two. Every sports writer, radio show guy and TV sportscaster in the Big XII footprint will have their own take on how much better off the conference is without Nebraska. They likely won't mention Colorado, nor will they mention the catalyst for the events of the past year (Texas' near departure with five of their Chosen Ones).

There's been a rash of them in the last couple of weeks. I assume it's because Nebraska's official move to the Big Ten is coming in a few days and the Big-12 and its media mouthpieces want to ambush the narrative with "their" version so it doesn't become a Nebraska love fest. There will be a lot of these types of articles this week, I suspect.

I'm betting none of the B12-2 writers ever mention half the conference nearly bolting, Colorado actually leaving, and most especially Mizzou doing everything in its power to get to the B1G. Sounds totally harmonious to me.

But regardless of any of that, we're happy going to the B1G, and I don't give a lick if the left behinds like the new conference affiliation or not. If they really are all happy and kumbaya, then good for them.

The fact that the article was written simply gives us more proof that the Big 12 still isn't over us breaking up with them.

Conversely, the fact that we need to talk about it is proof that we still aren't over them. As to the original poster, what exactly are the 'right' reasons? I don't disagree with you, but let's not fool ourselves - they were the right reasons for us only. They were our own selfish reasons in the best interest of our university. The reason the OWH article aims to claim a truce isn't because all these writers aren't douchebags - they are - but because there's frankly no reason for us to care at all. The grass is green where we're at, no use looking back at where we were :)

• Fire 1

If Nebraska is a bad apple who were the worms?

This is a stupid article. Nebraska left because of concerns about stability. If UT hadn't been shopping around AND talking about bringing 5 other teams with them, then there would be no talk of bad apples, life would be the same. The fact is though UT was shopping around and MU was showing interest in the big 10. I wonder what Barry would of wrote if Texas went to the Pac-10 along with 5 other teams? Probably would still blame it on Nebraska and Osborne, because he's a hater.

There's been a rash of them in the last couple of weeks. I assume it's because Nebraska's official move to the Big Ten is coming in a few days and the Big-12 and its media mouthpieces want to ambush the narrative with "their" version so it doesn't become a Nebraska love fest. There will be a lot of these types of articles this week, I suspect.

Another reason these articles are all showing up now, is there is nothing to talk about, unless you count MLB...

Makes me wonder how many more of these articles are going to be written this week, in lieu of our official joining of the B1G. "Its Nebraska's fault, but we're all so much happier now that their gone, our conference is 100 times better, the book club has improved greatly without the Pelini brothers, and we can take them off our Christmas lists"

It's obvious that there are some serious butthurt individuals.