Orange Bowl vs. Tenn

Aww, here I was taking a moment surfing the net, planning for a productive Saturday morning. And now you have to go and say that.

Gonna have to go open a beer and pop in the dvd right now.

Actually, a little Trippel and Frost sounds pretty good right now. :cheers:thumbs

Aww, here I was taking a moment surfing the net, planning for a productive Saturday morning. And now you have to go and say that.

Gonna have to go open a beer and pop in the dvd right now.

Actually, a little Trippel and Frost sounds pretty good right now. :cheers:thumbs

That sounds excellent!! Which trippel?

I had Boulevard's quadruple The Sixth Glass a while back. That might be the best beer I've ever had. I've avoided looking to see where I can buy some more because it'd be too addictive and expensive.

I don't get why the Big 10 network isn't showing the '96 Fiesta Bowl. I would rather watch that one over the '98 Orange Bowl.

CBS still owns the rights to that game, and won't let that game go to another network without making bank. . . IDK if ESPN-classic can even get it.

I don't get why the Big 10 network isn't showing the '96 Fiesta Bowl. I would rather watch that one over the '98 Orange Bowl.

CBS still owns the rights to that game, and won't let that game go to another network without making bank. . . IDK if ESPN-classic can even get it.

The BTN is airing a show titled "Reflection of Perfection." Info says, "The Nebraska Cornhuskers celebrate their third-straight perfect regular season with a win in the Fiesta Bowl over Florida."

This airs tonight (Saturday) at 9 PM.

Yeah I watched that show, that was season end special produced by NU. It is cool because they show highlights from each game, or most of them anyway, and did hit the bowl game pretty good. I just would like to watch the whole Fiesta Bowl and dismantling happen play by play. Watch as Florida becomes demoralized in the 2nd quarter then helplessly watch for the rest of the game.

Anyone catch the replay of last seasons Missouri game? I was at work when it came on.

Ya. I had forgotten how awesome the defense played. I remembered Gabbert getting spun around at the one yard line, but Missouri's drive at the end of the first quarter was amazing. They had so many third downs, and then Nebraska would stop them but get called for a penalty, and then make them go all three downs again.

The Organge Bowl game vs Tenn was the game that made me like the Cornhuskers as one my "next favorite" teams behind OSU, mainly because me and my roomate at the time hated Tenn and Peyton Manning and the Cornhuskers totally dominated that game. Also, I think the Nebraska helmets are one of the coolest in CFB.

Some thoughts as I watched the game over the weekend.

The announcers were still spewing over Peyton Manning, even as he did nothing against the Neb D.

I forgot about the "Super Alliance" - which I guess was the predecessor to the BCS.

The TV graphics sure have changed since then. It doesn't seem that long ago but the graphics looked really dated.

The "mesh" jerseys were still around then but the "half" or "belly" jerseys (see game 1994 Organe Bowl).

The BTN is airing a show titled "Reflection of Perfection." Info says, "The Nebraska Cornhuskers celebrate their third-straight perfect regular season with a win in the Fiesta Bowl over Florida."

This airs tonight (Saturday) at 9 PM.

The '96 Fiesta Bowl was aired. Maybe Friday night--can't remember. My only gripe is they cut out the close-ups of Steve Spurrier taking off his visor and rubbing his hand over his face during the game. I think he was trying to wake himself up from the nightmare.

The '96 Fiesta Bowl was aired. Maybe Friday night--can't remember. My only gripe is they cut out the close-ups of Steve Spurrier taking off his visor and rubbing his hand over his face during the game. I think he was trying to wake himself up from the nightmare.

Not on BTN. I would have recorded it.