Official HB Good Beer Thread

with this cool weather, i have really been looking forward to the fall seasonal brews. i enjoy a lot to the pumpkin ones, but i am particularly looking forward to shiner's cheer.

I got some of that last year. Pretty tasty stuff

Odell Brewing out of Fort Collins, CO...90 Schilling and 5 Barrel are wonderful.

Nearly every Odell beer is good . . .

I have only tried these 2 because that is all the liquor store carries. They said if I wanted any other kind that they will order it for me. What are some other ones?

Arrogant Bastard Ale. I have not tried it but a couple buddies say it is good. However I did want to share what is written on the ABA pint glass that I purchased.

Arrogant Bastard Ale: This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory--- maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it's made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you're mouthing your words as you read this.

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/the-best-booze-made-by-mother-nature

Produced by BrewDog -- the same people that brought you Tactical Nuclear Penguin -- Sunk Punk is an IPA made with lager yeasts, buckthorn berries, distilled sea salt, and rum. It's actually brewed nearly 60ft below the surface; that's it getting sunk up above, in a specially designed tank with everything from pressurized gas release valves to a Jolly Roger, just in case someone tries to steal the treasure within. They've got a pretty awesome video explaining the whole thing, and don't worry -- it's got subtitles if you don't speak Scots. Check it out

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/the-best-booze-made-by-mother-nature

Produced by BrewDog -- the same people that brought you Tactical Nuclear Penguin -- Sunk Punk is an IPA made with lager yeasts, buckthorn berries, distilled sea salt, and rum. It's actually brewed nearly 60ft below the surface; that's it getting sunk up above, in a specially designed tank with everything from pressurized gas release valves to a Jolly Roger, just in case someone tries to steal the treasure within. They've got a pretty awesome video explaining the whole thing, and don't worry -- it's got subtitles if you don't speak Scots. Check it out

Interesting. I'm wondering how they got it to ferment in only 2 weeks with a lager yeast. Lagers typically take a minimum of 6 weeks and that's at fridge temp of 40-50F. Maybe the rum helps speed it up. *mental note-try adding hard liquor directly into next batch of homebrew*