Official HB Good Beer Thread

I'll be trying Shock Top's Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat tonight. I also be having some of my Black Lager and some of my Pumpkin beer that's left over from the fall/winter.

It's just ok

Let's be honest here, it's fing terrible! Hard to get even one of those down. Blah!

I'll be trying Shock Top's Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat tonight. I also be having some of my Black Lager and some of my Pumpkin beer that's left over from the fall/winter.

It's just ok

Let's be honest here, it's fing terrible! Hard to get even one of those down. Blah!

I had really high hopes for it but yeah, it really didn't do anything for me. I am not sure if it is the aftertaste or the smell...but something just doesn't do it for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fresh Squeezed IPA. Available on tap at the Crescent Moon and in bottles at most well stocked stores in Omaha. If you're an IPA fan you have to drink this one.

deschutes-fresh-squeezed.jpg

Deschutes is one of my favorite breweries and there's no better time than summer to try another ultra hoppy IPA.

the two ipa's i had in texas were:

Hopadillo.bmpSaint_Arnold_Elissa_IPA_200.jpg

both were exceptional. the hopadillo had plenty of hops (believe it or not), but was still pretty smooth with great taste. really enjoyed the mouth feel, you guys. elissa was much more mild and smooth, but very good flavor.

also been sampling the alaskan brewing offerings here in town. those have been good, but probably not going to become regulars in the line up.

My answers:

Best beer on a warm day? Current leaders would be that Fresh Squeezed IPA pictured above or Zipline Copper Alt
Best beer on a cold day? Old Rasputin Imperial Stout or Claymore Scotch Ale
Best beer cruising on the back roads? Busch Light
Best beer to celebrate a husker win? Any.
Best beer to mourn a husker loss? St. Bernardus ABT 12 alternating with double gin and tonics.
Best beer to pour all over a strippers _____? Whatever she requests I suppose. Gotta respect the ladies, right? Oh, who am I kidding. Whatever is cheapest.

Best beer on a warm day? my standard would be boulevard wheat. at least this summer. maybe 80 acre. i just love boulevard in the summer for some reason. at least this summer.

Best beer on a cold day? deshutes black butte porter or claymore scotch ale (thank you, carl)
Best beer cruising on the back roads? bud
Best beer to celebrate a husker win? new belgium giddy up. it feels like it is a special occasion beer and i drank a bit of it last season during my daughter's first season, so it holds a special place with me. otherwise maybe high life. i do not know. so many good fall beers that taste better after a husker win. i am fickle though. the year before i probably would have said shiner cheer, but last season i did not care for it.
Best beer to mourn a husker loss? whiskey.
Best beer to pour all over a strippers _____? i think carlfense said it best.
  • 2 weeks later...

wife got me a 6 pack of blue moon honey wheat beer. it was not good.

but then she got me a sampler with some good beers. she picked these all out, so i am pretty proud. she got me a lost continent double ipa, which was very good. then a brau brothers sheephead ale, which i liked quite a bit. also had an odells 90 shilling that i recommend. and finally a wells sticky toffee pudding ale, which i would not recommend, but i appreciate the effort.

i still have a deschutes fresh squeezed ipa, which i already know i like. and an inversion ipa, which should be pretty good.