Official HB Good Beer Thread

Well, this is upsetting.

Don Gaetz, the Republican President of the Florida Senate, has found at least one exception to the free market ideology that generally prevails in the GOP. He thinks it's important to keep regulations in place thatprevent Florida breweries from selling half-gallon growlers of beer. He's even supporting a new bill that would force breweries to buy their own beer back from beer distributors at a markup before selling it back to customers. Conveniently enough for Anheuser-Bush InBev Distributors — a politically powerful business in the state — this is also the position that they lobby for as most likely to make it difficult for Sunshine State craft brewers to compete with mass market swill.

http://www.vox.com/2014/4/21/5635872/the-crazy-regulations-that-keep-american-beer-bad

Fresh off Capital City Beerfest and found a couple of beers I have been missing plus several usual suspects already listed throughout here.

A solid North Coast Beer

Rasputin-XIV-v4-body.png

Zipline Oatmeal Porter: Very smooth

upload_l7plYd-medium.png

My favorite from Beerfest and another stud from Wasatch

HopRising.png

Old Rasputin XIV was the best beer there (I have no idea what the official voting results were, nor do I give a sh#t). Modern Monks Dublin Size Irish Ale was the second best. If you haven't tried either, I strongly recommend them.

Old-Rasputin-XIV.png$_35.JPG

Edit - Oops, I'm not sure what version of the Barrel Aged they're on now. It might be XVI. Whateva!

There are Nebraskans who don't love Busch Light? You learn something new everyday.

Not Real Nebraskans.

f#*k you guys! :)

I dont mind it. It is just not my first domestic of choice. I've drank plenty of it, that's for sure.

Rolling Rock on the other hand, that's not even good enough for the K9.

Proof:

Screen_Shot_2014-05-06_at_2.47.01_PM.png

Sam Adams Porch Rocker...really good stuff if you like sweet/fruity beers

I really like the Sam's Summer variety pack. My girlfriend really likes the White Lantern and Belgian Session. I like them all :thumbs