***Rumor*** Looking for info

some of you guys are gonna feel pretty stupid before long.

he didnt break it but as a previous poster said, he did sprain it and it is in a sling and it is his non throwing arm.

not straight from the source but from a player on the team.

Ok so what is his timeline to get practicing? Will he miss any Fall Camp or Games?

he wasnt sure on a timetable but said maybe some camp but not likely any games.

he didnt break it but as a previous poster said, he did sprain it and it is in a sling and it is his non throwing arm.

Ok so what is his timeline to get practicing? Will he miss any Fall Camp or Games?

before now i thought that tmarts injuries were just bad luck, and i have always supported him and thought he is probably the best man for the job, but i am honestly starting to worry about all these injuries he has had and if he will be able to ever make it through a whole season without going down. and i do believe that when healthy he is our best option, but if we cant rely on him to be healthy all year and not end up hurting the team because he has to play through injury maybe it is time to really start considering another qb be the number one guy.

before now i thought that tmarts injuries were just bad luck, and i have always supported him and thought he is probably the best man for the job, but i am honestly starting to worry about all these injuries he has had and if he will be able to ever make it through a whole season without going down. and i do believe that when healthy he is our best option, but if we cant rely on him to be healthy all year and not end up hurting the team because he has to play through injury maybe it is time to really start considering another qb be the number one guy.

LOL'z. Why would you ever take the best guy for the position and sit him because you "think" he might get hurt? You go with the best you have and if he gets hurt you hope the guy behind him prepared like he was going to be the starter.

The correct answer is "He's 100%. He's fine. He'll be ready to go Saturday."

The correct answer is "He's 100%. He's fine. He'll be ready to go Saturday."

I thought it was, "It's just a flesh wound."

Yeah, this isn't even popping up on google yet. The "quit the team" thing took almost a full day though. As of now this is mild, but the brush fire has been lit. We'll see how long it burns.

Coach Bo Pelini refuted a rumor gone viral that injured quarterback Taylor Martinez had quit the football team. Meanwhile, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman expressed displeasure over Pelini's sideline temperament in College Station, Texas.

Word began to spread Sunday evening of a Martinez-Nebraska split. By 9 p.m., the quarterback's name ranked as the No. 1 trending search topic nationally on Google.com.

Pelini, reached by phone, said Martinez remained a part of the team. Asked if any issues might jeopardize Martinez's status for the Huskers' regular-season finale, Friday at Memorial Stadium against Colorado, Pelini only reiterated his initial comment.

“He's still on the team,” Pelini said

Yeah, this isn't even popping up on google yet. The "quit the team" thing took almost a full day though. As of now this is mild, but the brush fire has been lit. We'll see how long it burns.

Coach Bo Pelini refuted a rumor gone viral that injured quarterback Taylor Martinez had quit the football team. Meanwhile, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman expressed displeasure over Pelini's sideline temperament in College Station, Texas.

Word began to spread Sunday evening of a Martinez-Nebraska split. By 9 p.m., the quarterback's name ranked as the No. 1 trending search topic nationally on Google.com.

Pelini, reached by phone, said Martinez remained a part of the team. Asked if any issues might jeopardize Martinez's status for the Huskers' regular-season finale, Friday at Memorial Stadium against Colorado, Pelini only reiterated his initial comment.

“He's still on the team,” Pelini said

That is probably because the media members that would be the ones to investigate this and report this are in Chicago right now.

That is probably because the media members that would be the ones to investigate this and report this are in Chicago right now.

I bet he purposely broke it now for that very reason. The timing is suspect.

A buddy of mine, Joe Rogan, told me that he has it on good authority that Martinez broke his orbital bone in a underground cage fighting league. He defeated Santino Panico in the process, but will be out for the first month of the season.

Bo has been asked about Martinez several times today in several different venues, both on and off camera, and has mentioned nothing about an injury. With Fan Day being eight days away, it'll be pretty hard to hide something like Taylor's arm being in a sling/banged up.

So hacking through the jungle of sarcasm, I've counted (at least) five versions of the story so far, which has been reported nowhere else, by anyone else, with any confirmation of any kind from any reliable source, or any details on what, when, or where it might have happened...

#1. Taylor broke his elbow and presumably will not practice or play.

#2. Taylor broke his elbow and will play, but will miss fall camp.

#3. Taylor sprained his elbow but will not miss fall camp or any games.

#4. Taylor sprained his elbow and could miss some of fall camp, but not any games.

#5. Taylor did not sprain or break his elbow and will not miss fall camp or any games.

Yeah, send in a reporter.