Obsessed?

Alright, bitches, I'll bite, wanna play? Lets see aaahh you all come from a weaker conf., your qb, just plain has no experience. You always ran CB's for LB's and......

Seriously are you all really trolling for a troll??? Come on most B10 fans know alot about each other. If you all cant get down with that, I guess I have been in the wrong place, all this time. If you want to talk Iowa football, do that. Otherwise you are doing nothing, but injecting that "Nebraska spirit", into an other wise, STUPID THREAD. So lighten up, be part of the conf, and enjoy. If you are so much of a rabid fan that you cant look around, well then I have to wonder how you are able to type a post.

Don't troll. We don't tolerate trolls here.

And if you think this is in ANY WAY "playing," you need to spend some time on some Hawkeye sites and see what they say about Nebraska and Nebraska fans. If you think this is worth getting all riled up about, you need to get out more.

If you can't handle pro-Husker talk then don't come to this site. It really is that simple.

Alright, bitches, I'll bite, wanna play? Lets see aaahh you all come from a weaker conf., your qb, just plain has no experience. You always ran CB's for LB's and......

Seriously are you all really trolling for a troll??? Come on most B10 fans know alot about each other. If you all cant get down with that, I guess I have been in the wrong place, all this time. If you want to talk Iowa football, do that. Otherwise you are doing nothing, but injecting that "Nebraska spirit", into an other wise, STUPID THREAD. So lighten up, be part of the conf, and enjoy. If you are so much of a rabid fan that you cant look around, well then I have to wonder how you are able to type a post.

And if you think this is in ANY WAY "playing," you need to spend some time on some Hawkeye sites and see what they say about Nebraska and Nebraska fans. If you think this is worth getting all riled up about, you need to get out more.

If you can't handle pro-Husker talk then don't come to this site. It really is that simple.

Cool.

For those that do live in the state (me included)is the fact that Iowa fans will boast about how great they "have" been the last 10 years compared to NU. I still wonder how they always come to that conclusion when they DIDN'T EVEN PLAY EACH OTHER!!!!!!

But lets see- 2000-2009

Iowa 80-45

NU- 84-44

I'd say looks pretty close to me, but Iowa fans will still claim that they were better during this time.

That isn't the last 10 years.

2001-2010 is. I brought this up about a week ago In the ACTUAL past 10 seasons.

Iowa 85-41

NU- 84-46

I know that Nebraska will probably lose a couple here and there to Iowa, but, it really is a hard concept to grasp.

For those that do live in the state (me included)is the fact that Iowa fans will boast about how great they "have" been the last 10 years compared to NU. I still wonder how they always come to that conclusion when they DIDN'T EVEN PLAY EACH OTHER!!!!!!

But lets see- 2000-2009

Iowa 80-45

NU- 84-44

I'd say looks pretty close to me, but Iowa fans will still claim that they were better during this time.

I am guilty of overlooking Iowa’s football success. Ferentz can coach on game day but is not held accountable for his horrible recruiting. I also think Nebraska will beat Iowa 7 out of every 10. That said Ferentz has produced some solid results.

85-41 Last Ten Years

2 Big 10 Championships

2 BCS Games

But lets see- 2000-2009

Iowa 80-45

NU- 84-44

That isn't the last 10 years.

2001-2010 is. I brought this up about a week ago In the ACTUAL past 10 seasons.

Iowa 85-41

NU- 84-46

I know that Nebraska will probably lose a couple here and there to Iowa, but, it really is a hard concept to grasp.

Glad to know Nebraska's worst ten years in their history is one win behind Iowa's best years. Let's play the reverse of that game and look at Nebraska's best era vs Iowa's record over the same time, 1990-1999.

Iowa: 62-53-2

Nebraska: 108-16-1

Past records are worthless in comparing how these teams will play in the future anyways.

My point is (besides my poor stat reference) is that how can you compare teams when they never played each other, I get sick of hearing that. And like HuskerJock stated, when you are surrounded by Hawkeye fans they will be the first to rub it in when the Huskers lose, and EVERY Hawk fan in this area will do that. I never understood why they cared, they would lose to NW (or whoever) but still rub it in if the Huskers lost :facepalm:

Iowa fans have been obsessed and envious with Nebraska for as long as I can remember and that was when we weren't in same conference and rarely played. It's only going to get worse. Hawkeye fans are going to make Missouri fans of late seem tame.

Missouri fans in general are pretty tame. Sure we defend our tigers with vitriol and passion, but most are just normal guys who you could easily be friends with. We do have some awful trolls that fly our flag, but the majority of MU fans are pretty laid back.

I will say this though, there has been alot of hate/jealousy/anger/envy directed from Iowa fans toward NE. Not all...but alot. And Blackshirt316 is right about one thing. If you ever thought MU fans were awful and annoying, just give this time. Look at how much they talk and you havnt played in over 10 years. Atleast the few really mouthy MU fans had some wins/blowouts/division wins over NE when they got diarrhea mouth. If they talk this much, if you fill their board this much, if they hate this much already.....what happens when/if they beat you once/multiple times??

I have a feeling that over time; you will grow fond of those old tame tiger fans. ;)

• Fire 1

Thing is, that obsession seems to go both ways with a few Husker fans. We've just joined a conference that already has three of the top seven all-time winningest football teams, yet I see five times more threads about Iowa than about Ohio State, Michigan and/or Penn State combined.

There's a small section of Husker fans, notably those who live either in Iowa itself or along the Nebraska/Iowa border, for whom hating on Iowa is an obsession. For the most part, those of us who live outside those areas don't care. All this focus on Iowa is mind-boggling, especially when we're in a division with Michigan. And yet nobody wants to talk about Michigan.

My thing with Iowa is their fans. I live on the Nebraska/Iowa border and they talk so much smack like Iowa is so much better than Nebraska like their football program is light years ahead of Nebraska. They rub in a Husker loss and it's always like "How bout them Huskers" as they're laughing. I don't talk about or even think about Iowa but I can't say the same thing about Iowa fans. I don't talk to Iowa fans or even bring up a Iowa loss but once Nebraska losses I'm the first person to hear about it. All throughout the season and offseason I hear nothing but trash talk about Nebraska from my Iowa friends and coworkers and it's mind boggling because they haven't beat us since 1982 and they have nothing to backup their smack talk.

It's like a kid (Nebraska fan) getting bullied and picked on (Iowa fan talking smack and rubbing in a Husker loss) that the kid gets sick of being bullied that he retaliates and beats up the bully (Nebraska fan provided facts to Iowa fan on why they shouldn't be talking smack and how much better Nebraska is)

See for me, living in Lincoln that statement would read as follows:

They rub in an Iowa loss and it's always like "How bout them Hawkeyes" as they're laughing.

And it is really really annoying. My entire family is Husker fans (they are not the problem) and have Husker season tickets so I try really really hard to cheer for the Huskers but there are just so many fans that are dicks to me because I live in Lincoln and cheer for the Hawkeyes that it makes it really hard. The really funny thing is when I went to the Nebraska/Texas game last year with my father in law, I was wearing my Hawkeye stuff and the Nebraska fans were so rude to me that my father in law was tempted to start cheering for Texas just because he was so embarrassed by how the new younger generation of Husker fans were behaving. In the end he cheered for Nebraska and I just enjoyed being at an epic game.

The problem Knappic, is that this thread was not created as a pro-Husker thread. It was started with - or at least rather quickly devolved into - bashing Iowa, and as such the Hawkeye posters on your forum are getting defensive. I don't know about the others, but I come to this site because I am trying like hell to embrace Nebraska as my second team given my family and location but for all of the good conversations, pro-Husker stuff on this board all it takes is some of the ignorant comments to undo a lot of it.

As for the idiots on the Hawkeye forums - HawkeyeNation is by far the best Iowa board that I have found as far as limiting the stupid, but there is still WAY too much stupid. If you want a laugh at Iowa AND Iowa State fans just go into the Rivalry forum over there and start reading some of the threads. The way they go at each other is just funny. Granted you might find a thread where I had just had enough and jumped into it and then you can laugh at me as well.

Was at an Iowa bar here in KC last night - and the Tanqueray girls were there w/ a radio station doing a live broadcast and promo. The radio guy caught on that it was an Iowa bar after a while, and starting jabbing at a few Iowa fans on air. It was pretty humorous.

Iowa fans get dogged on constantly - probably because they've got a reputation. Same reason why Nebraska fans get hated on so much - because we have a reputation. Only diff is that our's is positive, their's is negative.

Thing is, that obsession seems to go both ways with a few Husker fans. We've just joined a conference that already has three of the top seven all-time winningest football teams, yet I see five times more threads about Iowa than about Ohio State, Michigan and/or Penn State combined.

There's a small section of Husker fans, notably those who live either in Iowa itself or along the Nebraska/Iowa border, for whom hating on Iowa is an obsession. For the most part, those of us who live outside those areas don't care. All this focus on Iowa is mind-boggling, especially when we're in a division with Michigan. And yet nobody wants to talk about Michigan.

Because we've listened to years of "smack" from Iowa. It's an Obsession that stems from wanting to pound their program into the ground like the missouri/iowa state/kansas/kansas state/colorado we know they really are.

Just curious. When was the last time missouri/iowa state/kansas/kansas state/colorado won their conference or went to a BCS game? For that matter, when was the last time that Nebraska won the conference or went to a BCS game?

I will grant you the fact that the last BCS game you went to was indeed the MNC game, but come on - you didn't even win your division that year.

]

The problem Knappic, is that this thread was not created as a pro-Husker thread. It was started with - or at least rather quickly devolved into - bashing Iowa, and as such the Hawkeye posters on your forum are getting defensive. I don't know about the others, but I come to this site because I am trying like hell to embrace Nebraska as my second team given my family and location but for all of the good conversations, pro-Husker stuff on this board all it takes is some of the ignorant comments to undo a lot of it.

Thats it. We are all big 10 now. We have all been playing each other long enough to know what to expect and look for. I guess if you want to call it an obsession, go ahead. Just try not to let it go to your head, it is a B10 or even a college football obsession. I bet you have many Bucky and fOSU fans over here as well, just fans checking out the new addition. Like I said you have to look at the B10 as a bunch of old guys sitting on the porch in a town where it's same same, then all the sudden a new family moves into town. All teams have fans that are..., well they just are. I dont like the bashing threads no matter what board they are on. Yes I like to banter back and fourth and give a little ribbing, but some people and boards take it way to far and they make themselves look like retards in the process. Me, I like the game. I like good games. I hope Nebraska has many good games in the B10.

As for the idiots on the Hawkeye forums - HawkeyeNation is by far the best Iowa board that I have found as far as limiting the stupid, but there is still WAY too much stupid. If you want a laugh at Iowa AND Iowa State fans just go into the Rivalry forum over there and start reading some of the threads. The way they go at each other is just funny. Granted you might find a thread where I had just had enough and jumped into it and then you can laugh at me as well.

I did not start this thread to bash Iowa. I do not live near the border (100 miles +/-), but I do have a lot of friends that are Iowa fans (lived in Sioux City for a few years). They are all very realistic when it comes to the two programs, as am I. They are all very excited to have Nebraska joining the conference, and feel like the conference, as a whole, just got a lot better. So when I was directed to a Hawkeye forum for some light reading, I was somewhat surprised by all the Nebraska topics on it. I obviously get the good natured calls/texts/emails from the Iowa boys when Nebraska loses, but it's all in good fun. I guess I didn't really realize the hatred that a number of Iowa fans have towards the University of Nebraska, and the state of Nebraska.

• Fire 1