Obsessed?

The point about them being higher ranked than you had nothing to do with bowl selection (uh I know that), point is they were higher ranked because they were the better team (even thou you beat them). I understand you beat a top 10 ranked team for the first time in 13 meetings with a top 10 ranked team. I understand you scored no more than 7 after the first Q. I understand they had more first downs and only 100 less yards. I understand they had a 36% 3rd down conversion rate. I understand you guys had an 18% 3rd down conversion rate. I KNOW....................................

. . .

:facepalm:

. . .

scoreboard?

• Fire 1

I can only hope that the average Husker gets a glimpse into the Utopian hawkeye existence through this thread. bigg10 has done an excellent job of encapsulating what it is like to be a DieHard Nebraska fan living in Iowa. We are inundated with this kind of nonsense NONSTOP. Where else can you find and 8-5,(two plays from being 6-7) football team that has so much confidence? Look no further than iowa city my friends.....

The point about them being higher ranked than you had nothing to do with bowl selection (uh I know that), point is they were higher ranked because they were the better team

Nice segue. You are hopeless. No one in this entire thread, including you, has even discussed whether Missouri was better than Nebraska. It's completely off topic, unless you are trying (with your poor English skills) to say that the Insight Bowl picked Missouri because they are better than Nebraska. Bowls couldn't care less about how good a team is when choosing. It's about money, the conference they're aligned with, and whether the team is eligible.

[Missouri] being higher ranked than [Nebraska] had nothing to do with bowl selection
The reason [iowa] played [Missouri] is because they were ranked higher than [Nebraska]

them being higher ranked than you had nothing to do with bowl selection
The reason we played them is because they were ranked higher than you

No fair using bigg10 actual words against him

would have given +1 but I'm out

• Fire 1

WOW, go sit in the driveway for a few hours and look what has happened. My boy Hercules broke everything down so simple even a caveman could get it, and provided a pic to stick the point(careful though we don't need bigg10 to conger up some fourth graders drawing of a trophey and claim it as Iowa's "national title" from 1950-whatever that actual record books outside their state don't even recognize).

then good ol' Moiraine repeats bigg10's said arguements that refute himself as did huKSer and suprise suprise what comes from it all.......nothing. Typical. Seriously I am going to run out of +1 on bigg10 just from the laughs I get from every post.

Even the broadcasters of both the insight and the holiday bowls agreed that the reason why the Huskers weren't in the insight bowl was because Beebe didn't want an all exclusive Big10 commentary during the bowl.

Bigg10, I think you are the only person in the world that thinks and argues this. Why? I haven't a clue.

bigg10 is trolling right? No one is that dense.

;)

Ok, I'll bite.

First, I recall Tom Osborne saying that he would have liked to have had an annual game with Iowa, but they declined. I don't think we have been "ducking" the Hawks. I guess that opinions vary.

The Insight having the 4th pick does not equate to them being required to pick the 4th best team. If that were so, the Cotton Bowl would be required to pick the loser of the CCG.

I have enjoyed some of the comments made by Hawk fans on their boards, and about how rudely Nebraska will get treated in the B1G. A couple of them being, and I will paraphrase:

"You ain't in the Big 12 North anymore!!!"

To combat this, I have had to bring up the historical facts: When the Big 12 was formed, we had 4 teams finish in the Top 10 the previous year. The South was garbage. Also, since the Big 12 was formed, no less than 4 of the 6 North teams have played in BCS games. I also had to remind them, that they conviently forget that we had to play either Oklahoma or Texas every year, sometimes both the same year to win the conference. And those 2 teams regularly played for National Championships, unlike B1G schools. Moreover, I had to remind them that within the last 3 or 4 years, Tech, A&M, and OK State have all finished in the Top 25 at least once, meaning, we had to play 2 to 3 games per year against Top 25 teams from the South.

"How is your little running quarterback gonna make it through the season? Dennard Robinson couldn't, how will Martinez? Martinez got hurt last year, how is gonna make it through a year in a league that plays tough defense?"

I guess I had to point out that this is football, people at all levels, in all leagues get hurt. I know I sprained my ankle pretty bad playing softball a few years back. And the last I checked, the rest of the NCAA Div. 1 isn't playing touch football, to the best of my knowledge.

"Your offense sucked the last 2 years, what happens when you have to play in a league that plays REAL defense."

To which I had to remind them that those REAL defenses gave up an average of 33.5 points per game in the bowl games last year.

I can only hope that the average Husker gets a glimpse into the Utopian hawkeye existence through this thread. bigg10 has done an excellent job of encapsulating what it is like to be a DieHard Nebraska fan living in Iowa. We are inundated with this kind of nonsense NONSTOP. Where else can you find and 8-5,(two plays from being 6-7) football team that has so much confidence? Look no further than iowa city my friends.....

Good god..........you couldn't have hit it anymore on the head than that! All they do is talk, talk, talk. They have no reason to run their mouths like they do. It's fairly annoying and there is no end to it. Iowa fans constantly say, "you guys just live in the past!" Yet they continue to bring up the PAST 10 years! Of course if I was an Iowa fan I wouldn't want to talk about the past either. Winning a heisman is so rare in Iowa City they name a stadium after you. Right now we can claim scoreboard Iowa and there is nothing you can do about it until the day after Thanksgiving. I'm not impressed by your program nor will I ever be. I wish you well as a Big 10 competitor, but come the day after Thanksgiving I want my team to bury your team in the foundation of Memorial Stadium. Until then.........good luck with your season, hope you're undefeated when you step foot in our house!