Zone Read Against Wisconsin

Wisconsin will make adjustments, they very well could play only 1 true linebacker vs "fast" teams and have 6 DB's out there. Heck, thats what NU does.

This, all the way.

They probably played base the whole game, unless it was passing situations.

If Nebraska wants to get speed on the field, Wisconsin might be able to match it with nickel/dime personnel. What's gonna be really advantageous for the Huskers will be Kyler Reed and a split backfield of Burkhead or Green or Abdullah or a slot like Turner. A personnel grouping that keeps Wiscy in their base or takes them out will be advantage Nebraska.

Ever notice how much quicker a player-team can look when they are reacting and not thinking?

They've got a new defensive coordinator and are doing some new things on defense. Once they get a few games under their belt they will gain speed on defense.

Fair point, however defense is still the weak spot on that team. When we play them, it's most likely going to be a clash of great offense vs great defense, with an okay defense vs an okay offense.

Looked like technique to me on defense. They were not prepared for the Pistol and the outside linebackers got caught inside instead of scrapping off. I believe they will work on this, but that doesn't explain the huge holes up the middle. Or, maybe it does, maybe they know they can't hold the middle of their D-line so the linebackers came to support and got caught. Either way they looked slow and T-Mart and Rexasuarus will eat them up.

September 25th, 2010

UCLA walks into Texas and runs for 264 yards and 3 touchdowns, and 4.7 YPC. They averaged 176 per game for the whole year.

Fast forward 3 weeks

Texas walks into Lincoln and holds Nebraska to 125 yards and no TD's, and 2.8 YPC.

Wisconsin gave up 146 yards and 0 TD's, and 3.8 YPC.

The Blackshirts gave up an average of 153 yards and 3.9 YPC last year. WKU rushed for 179, Texas 209, Washington 175 and 268, so it's not like Wisconsin gave up 200+ or any TD's

• Fire 1

September 25th, 2010

UCLA walks into Texas and runs for 264 yards and 3 touchdowns, and 4.7 YPC. They averaged 176 per game for the whole year.

Fast forward 3 weeks

Texas walks into Lincoln and holds Nebraska to 125 yards and no TD's, and 2.8 YPC.

The Blackshirts gave up an average of 153 yards and 3.9 YPC last year. WKU rushed for 179, Texas 209, Washington 175 and 268, so it's not like Wisconsin gave up 200+ or any TD's

i think people got excited because it seemed to be their only weakness. and hopefully one we could exploit.

Easy folks, I said in the OP that granted, it's only week one. I'm just making an observation. I'm not saying we're gonna slash em and gash em just yet...I'll wait until they play a better team and watch em on a week to week basis before I make that claim. I'm just saying that they don't seem to have a whole lot speed on their front 7.

Looks like your going to be waiting until they play Nebraska to make that claim bc their OOC schedule absolutely sucks!

Easy folks, I said in the OP that granted, it's only week one. I'm just making an observation. I'm not saying we're gonna slash em and gash em just yet...I'll wait until they play a better team and watch em on a week to week basis before I make that claim. I'm just saying that they don't seem to have a whole lot speed on their front 7.

Looks like your going to be waiting until they play Nebraska to make that claim bc their OOC schedule absolutely sucks!

Hey now. They got Oregon State next week.

September 25th, 2010

Fast forward 3 weeks

i think people got excited because it seemed to be their only weakness. and hopefully one we could exploit.

There are several other things I noticed about the game, but it's week one and they were playing UNLV. No use deeply analyzing their performance. Besides, as someone so knowledgeably pointed out earlier, just because team A did well against team B doesn't mean team C is going to do well against B.

Ever notice how much quicker a player-team can look when they are reacting and not thinking?

They've got a new defensive coordinator and are doing some new things on defense. Once they get a few games under their belt they will gain speed on defense.

Ever notice how the 9 and 3 just pop out at you? I'm sorry...what were you saying?