Husky fan requesting ideas for game weekend in Lincoln

husky pup

Several of us are looking forward to the game this upcoming weekend in Lincoln. Any ideas you might have for us to get the full Husker game experience while in Lincoln would be extremely helpful. We will be staying within walking distance of Memorial Stadium.

We will have Friday night open for dinner. Any ideas? Somewhere we can get a reservation we would enjoy? Somewhere early Saturday morning for a small hike maybe on campus? Maybe a alternative idea? Should we get to our seats early (I have heard most Husker fans sit in their seats an hour early)? Assuming the game ends around 6:00 pm, where should we go? Any idea(s) for dinner Saturday after the game?

Unfortunately, it is a very short trip but we can't wait to soak up the experience as much as possible while visiting. While rooting hard for our Huskies, we recognize that this is going to be a special trip to visit the Husker Nation! Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

I've enjoyed Lazlo's when I go to Lincoln, local brew pub with pretty decent food. I'd suggest touring the trophy area under the stadium, no smarta** intended. You can actually go into the Heisman room and touch the Heisman trophys and watch a short presentation about the Heisman trophy winners that played at NU. If you get to the stadium early enough you can walk around inside the stadium when it's mostly empty, 2 to 3 hours before the game. Might even be able to stand on the field if you're lucky and security doesn't mess with you. Enjoy your time in Lincoln.

Lazlo's is a great local place, as is Misty's. For sure try to get to the stadium to check out the trophy room and all-around great atmosphere there (Not trying to by pompous, but even I stand in awe before national title and heisman trophies, and I'd never pass up an opportunity to see them).

As far as bar hopping goes, Single Barrel is very close to the game, and boasts one of Lincoln's oldest tailgate traditions: The Sidetrak band, which plays parody covers with football/Husker/B1G/F***the Big 12 themes, haha. Other than that, Brewsky's is a great local chain of sports bars.

You might want to start your weekend by enjoying a lovely evening of cow tipping. After that, make sure to attend one of the local shindigs. If shindigs are too fancy for you, you can always hit up one of many area hoedowns or hootenannies. Make sure you and the kids take in a tractor pull before enjoying a gourmet meal at Lee's Chicken.

• Fire 1

You might want to start your weekend by enjoying a lovely evening of cow tipping. After that, make sure to attend one of the local shindigs. If shindigs are too fancy for you, you can always hit up one of many area hoedowns or hootenannies. Make sure you and the kids take in a tractor pull before enjoying a gourmet meal at Lee's Chicken.

Dude, you forgot to mention our brand new water closet. It's at the mayor's house, and it costs 6 wooden nickles to use.

If you aren't on a budget, hit up Misty's the night before. If you've got a car hit up the one away from downtown on Havelock otherwise the downtown location will do. Order the Prime Rib. You won't regret it. The location on Havelock (bring your smartphone and just put Misty's Havelock into your navigation application) has a decent amount of memorabilia you can look through. They have some of their own beers which aren't terrible but you won't write home about. There is nothing like a good midwestern Prime Rib though. Misty's ranks up there with some of the best.

Hit Misty's Havelock on Friday night and catch the Big Red band pep rally. You won't regret it.

The Original Misty's Restaurant & Lounge since 1964

6235 Havelock Ave

Lincoln, NE 68507

402-466-8424

Hours: 11-10 Mon-Thurs, 11-11 Fri & Sat, 4-9 Sun

Close to Lancaster Event Center and Abbott Sports Complex

Close to lodging

Home of the Friday Night Big Red Pep Rally

Banquet facilities for 10 to 200 people with complimentary room rental

Professional off-site catering from 20 to 5000 people

Dude, you forgot to mention our brand new water closet. It's at the mayor's house, and it costs 6 wooden nickles to use.

Ah yes, how could I forget? Thank you.

Also, if you're looking to bring home some souvenirs for the loved ones, you can choose from the world's finest selection of historic hay from the Historic Haymarket.

• Fire 1

Several of us are looking forward to the game this upcoming weekend in Lincoln. Any ideas you might have for us to get the full Husker game experience while in Lincoln would be extremely helpful. We will be staying within walking distance of Memorial Stadium.

We will have Friday night open for dinner. Any ideas? Somewhere we can get a reservation we would enjoy? Somewhere early Saturday morning for a small hike maybe on campus? Maybe a alternative idea? Should we get to our seats early (I have heard most Husker fans sit in their seats an hour early)? Assuming the game ends around 6:00 pm, where should we go? Any idea(s) for dinner Saturday after the game?

Unfortunately, it is a very short trip but we can't wait to soak up the experience as much as possible while visiting. While rooting hard for our Huskies, we recognize that this is going to be a special trip to visit the Husker Nation! Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

Since you're staying downtown I'd spend my time in the Haymarket. Lots of different food places. Brewski's is a sports bar with probably the best Spicy BBQ'd wings you'll find or even try it in the sandwich. I like Lazlo's (and it was mentioned by others) for both lunch and supper. Lunch. . .do like a french dip and fries and get their homemade creamy garlic dressing to dip your fried in. At night they serve an above average steak or the Vooodo chicken is good. (Thats what my wife always has.) Tail gating. . .you're probably better off than most Husker fans. Wear your team colors several people will offer you a beer or brawt. There are good places behind the Journal Star plant for you guys or if you don't feel that adventurous... hit the back side of the Embassy Suits. They have a good party with big beers and very stiff drinks. There is also a band that plays before and after the game. It will be packed, but I always stop there for at least 1 beer.

There are several other good places to grab food and honestly about anyone of them has a good vibe. If you see it packed. . .its a good place. The college kids hit O street if you're that age and lots of good bars and dives to hang in.

I would get to the game earlier. I assume you'll be in the visitor areas so your seats won't be bothered by the construction. 30 minutes will get you in. But don't miss the pre game crowd.