Was Coach Sanders just that good?

Three guys went to the NFL. Hagg, Gomes and Prince. When is the last time Nebraska had three DB's go to the NFL in one year? Pass rush is suspect in my opinion. Our corners look a slow in their back peddle and turns, but I don't think they are doing that bad. Our corners need a pass rush and some safety help on the long ball. I'm not putting it all on Raymond.

+1

• Fire 1

How big is green? He looks like he really has trouble jamming at the line. Receivers seem to out muscle him without being held up, and then he's always playing catch up. Wasn't he the corner in the Chattanooga game that locked up at the line of scrimmage and kind of got pushed backwards and fell over?Prince was so strong at the line he could really prevent them from getting into their route, with how big and strong some of these receivers are now Green really looks mismatched at times when he's jamming.

How big is green? He looks like he really has trouble jamming at the line. Receivers seem to out muscle him without being held up, and then he's always playing catch up. Wasn't he the corner in the Chattanooga game that locked up at the line of scrimmage and kind of got pushed backwards and fell over?Prince was so strong at the line he could really prevent them from getting into their route, with how big and strong some of these receivers are now Green really looks mismatched at times when he's jamming.

Think they said 5'11" 185. I mean that being said a lot of 20 something year olds are going to be able to out muscle a true fresh. It'll come to him, just going to take some time.

Yes, Coach Sanders was that good of a coach. But that doesn't mean Raymond wont be. I am a firm believerthat getting Dennard back will make a world of a difference with the entire defense. Having that lock down corner is something that Bo has always had and his defensive scheme is kind of built around having that shutdown guy. I have faith in both Bo and Raymond to get things together.

the thing watching it in person that you don't see much of on TV is after big or small plays the LBs and the DBs barking at each other about a communication break down. there were multiple times, like the fade route for a TD in the N. endzone against Evans, that David would run back and show him hand signals and pointing to where he was supposed to be in the coverage.

the thing that had me worried coming out of fall camp was the players saying that all new 'footwork' and 'technique' were the new norm under Raymond; meaning they were now 'thinking' about where there feet need to be instead of jamming and running and playing instinctually. Youth and gaining experience in games are one thing, but utter breakdowns in coverage a plain getting beat seem to be a little more scary.

I know Dennard won't have as big an issue getting into the right coverage or locking onto his man, but moving forward, i feel like Raymond needs to get these kids thinking less and reacting and just playing more.

Take this as either a, Andrew Green is thinking too much on the field OR b. NU's receivers are weak, but it was said all spring and fall camp and even mentioned some last year that Andrew Green was the toughest DB to get off of the line for receivers. Supposedly was the best at jamming them.

Anyways, Zo gets back and that allows one of the safeties to drop down into the box to shore up the run defense. Right there are TWO huge benefits of having ZO back. Shut down corner, allows for help in the run game. Secondly, it is time for PJ Smith to start. Too many times the last two games I saw LBs(David and Compton) yelling at Austin for blowing coverage assignments.

Things will get worked out, but the biggest change this defense and secondary will see that will help performance is just Zo getting back on the field.

• Fire 1

Aaron Green is obviously having his share of struggles, but come on. People are calling him a garbage player but you know that isn't true. He is clearly talented and has potential, but is making a ton of rookie mistakes out there. If he's thinking too much on the field, it's because he hasn't had enough game reps under his belt. If he's biting on double moves every time, then that is a facet of his game that he hasn't developed yet.

Maybe he'll need to sit some and watch, but the ripping of Aaron Green is a little over the top. It is fine to note that he is struggling, but to treat him as a failed, bad player...

I wonder though if Bell, Mitchell, and Evans are all ahead of him at this point.

• Fire 1

I saw some flashes from Andrew Green out there against Washington. Example would be, after he bit on the fake inside to give up the long pass on Washington's first touchdown, he came on the next series and glued to the receivers hip and reached around to knock the ball away. So i agree with the comments that its mental for him. He tends to bit a lot of the fake routes or over thinks when he is playing zone. Like Bo said, the problem is consistency.