Black Jersey?

kreutz35

The uniforms are fine.

We aren't Oregon.

This times a million.

You're right, Oregon has played for the MNC recently, so we aren't Oregon.

Do you have a point you want to make?

We also aren't Maryland, Arizona State, or Oklahoma State. Or Wyoming.

Yeah my point is, who gives a sh#t what a team wears as long as they win. Oregon may have the ugliest uniforms in the nation, but they also have one of the best offenses and thats what most people care about when it comes to organized sports. And Oklahoma St. has a great shot of running the Big 12 this year FWIW.

P.S. Maryland played great that first game against Miami. I wonder what caused them to come out so hyped? Hmm...

I'm convinced, ugly, non traditional uniforms ARE MAGIC!!!!

-this is so stupid.

And the fact they have one of the most prolific offenses in the naton. And the fact they have one of the best coaches in the nation. And the fact they have played in MNC more recently than any of the "storied" programs you have mentioned. And the fact they might have a heisman trophy winner this year. So I guess they have a lot more than their uniforms, afterall.

I think you missed my point. Oregon got to where they are today because of their Nike money and uniforms, in a large part. They had NOTHING before resorting to a gimmick to try to attract recruits. We don't need that. In fact, we need the opposite of that. Also, a program's "identity" imo has little to do with the current team or current coach (unless your coach is JoePa or Bowden or Osborne - type.) When people think "Oregon" they think first of the jerseys, not of LaMichael James and Chip Kelley.

Yes, that darned Nike money and those gimmicky uniforms are solely responsible for Oregon's success. No, it's not good coaching, or anything. That would be outrageous! :ahhhhhhhh

Well here’s my novel idea. Since people are sensitive to tradition we should keep our regular colors. Instead of changing colors, we should print all the jersey numbers in hexadecimal. That would show the rest of the B1G how incredibly smart we are—despite getting booted out of the AAU and all.

• Fire 1

Im pretty sure that Tom wants the Fans there to wear Black. They have not said anything about Uni's for the game being any different so I dont know why people are gettting all worked up. Im not a Big fan of the black but if Tom come out and says they will be wearing black for the game then I dont have a problem with it, but I would say that there is a 5% chance that will happen.

And the fact they have one of the most prolific offenses in the naton. And the fact they have one of the best coaches in the nation. And the fact they have played in MNC more recently than any of the "storied" programs you have mentioned. And the fact they might have a heisman trophy winner this year. So I guess they have a lot more than their uniforms, afterall.

I think you missed my point. Oregon got to where they are today because of their Nike money and uniforms, in a large part. They had NOTHING before resorting to a gimmick to try to attract recruits. We don't need that. In fact, we need the opposite of that. Also, a program's "identity" imo has little to do with the current team or current coach (unless your coach is JoePa or Bowden or Osborne - type.) When people think "Oregon" they think first of the jerseys, not of LaMichael James and Chip Kelley.

Yes, that darned Nike money and those gimmicky uniforms are solely responsible for Oregon's success. No, it's not good coaching, or anything. That would be outrageous! :ahhhhhhhh

You missed the part where I said "in large part." Don't pretend like the uniform ideas weren't designed to help a dead program recruit players. It worked for them, and it was a genius idea. Oregon was already up and coming when they hired Kelly, which turned out great for both of them.

Also, Po, lets look at the Top programs that do gimmicky uniform stuff.

Oregon

Boise St.

TCU, last few years

(Oklahoma State if you wanna include them)

None have any sort of significant history.

Meanwhile, OU, Alabama, LSU, Texas, Auburn, USC... none of these teams are wearing black "just cuz"

...I'm saying we should be lumping ourselves into the second group, not the first.

• Fire 1

I wore black to work today. I was so amped up that I destroyed everyone in our 8 o'clock meeting! I tackled all the tough questions and even intercepted some issues and turned them into a score for us! Wearing black helped me blitz the start of my day and has kept me rushing hard towards all of my goals!

• Fire 1

tumblr_lrty0mT2oc1qdf6w8o5_r1_250.gif

I just found a site dedicated to Conan gifs and now I'm randomly posting one in the throw-away-post thread.

+1 I literally just got done watching this episode and was laughing so hard. It was Monday's episode and he was talking about sperm banks not letting red haired people donate anymore bc nobody wants red-haired kids. Then he went on this rant about how he doesn't know why people don't like red heads. Which brings us to your gif. Just a little background info :LOLtartar

• Fire 1

A Tom Osborne team wore them and lost. Did you know that? Thought so...

But I guess that's an arbitrary fact and has no use in this diatribe. Like I said, I don't have much of a problem with them, but you should respect the fact that many fans do.

What about all the losses in Nebraska history? Might as well pick 1 piece of the uniform for every game and blame the loss on that, because that's how it sounds.. You brought up a loss in the callahfag era & tried to say it was the jerseys lol, Teams dont lose because of their uniform.. They lose because they play bad football at that specific time. All I hear is a bunch of grown men acting like school girls over a different uniform color..

Seriously, it's incredible how many people are narrow minded and have to find the smallest things to nitpick and complain about it..

Don't get me wrong im all for freedom of speech and personal opinion but come on now, Some people need to show more respect for certain decisions that have been made and that could potentially be made in the future before they get respect for their opinion..

I hate to admit that I care at all about our uniforms.

But I do find it a little strange that so many programs/Universities cutting Proffessors, whole sports, etc. but have more than enough $$ for separate sets of uniforms or especially ..Helmets.

I know most of the elite programs have them paid for by Nike, or Addidas, or? but it still sends a strange message.

The Black unis are starting to grow on me a little although I too hate to be a conformist...(at ANY cost).

I really really wish Dr. Tom was up to something similar to the old Fumbleroosky and secretly trying to trick the Wisconsin fans into wearing Black so we can all show the world who the "real" Big Red is.

It took me more than a little while to actually like Nebraska's Red uniforms and still don't like red pants near as much as my highschool colors..Now THEY were something..There was something magical about putting them on..The babyshit Brown..er..I mean Gold Pants..after carefully transfering my thigh and knee pads from my practice whites..I felt a foot taller in my uniform..a second or 5 faster, too...'Specially when we wore the home deep purple jerseys..

If it's honoring the Blackshirts..that seems like a worthy cause..But I'd just as soon see us wear pink for Breast Cancer Awareness..One game a year..We can even tye dye some of our extra reds.

Here is what I think is happening why no one is saying "No we aren't wearing different uniforms" OR "Yes, we are wearing different uniforms". At this point its probably up in the air. I mean I'm definitely not saying I know inside information.

I'm just guessing that the Boosters, and the Athletic Dept are fighting with each other because honestly the AD wants to use black, and the boosters are being old and grumpy. Thats my guess....

Am I close? eh, pry not, but thats just what I think may be goin on behind closed doors.